Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Whoscored site shows Havertz has played 714 minutes on the right this season, Sancho 821.
He might have started in the formation like that but he never stays wide that's for sure. Similar to Mata he would wonder around but let's not make out that he's a wide player in any sense.

I can't say I've watched every Leverkusen match but whenever I have seen them on BT he is always down the middle.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yep, I'm not actually convinced Sancho's best position is on the right tbh. He roams all over the shop for BVB, Havertz is a very real alternative to Sancho if Dortmund insist on being cnuts over a fee for a player they poached.
Sancho is more of a RW than Havertz

Highfather_24

Havertz is a midfielder. A #8/10 hybrid. Like Silva in many ways. Sancho is more like Sterling/Hazard, a wide forward.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Agreed, doesn't mean we should rule out Havertz though as i think he may be more gettable with BVB wanted top dollar for someone who they pretty much tapped up.
With Sancho's whole package it shouldn't be easy to get him. I'd be surprised if we got him early and I'm prepared to not get him at all this transfer window

jamesjimmybyrondean

So who's in pole position for this guy?
:lol: . A bit like De Ligt. We know Barcelona would have been first choice if they paid up and there was space for him. Similarly Bayern would be first choice for Havertz if they could pay up and guarantee him starting place.

croadyman

:lol: . A bit like De Ligt. We know Barcelona would have been first choice if they paid up and there was space for him. Similarly Bayern would be first choice for Havertz if they could pay up and guarantee him starting place.
Yeah I certainly get the distinct impression they are his first choice,however much like De Ligt with Barca may go elsewhere.

kirk buttercup

So who's in pole position for this guy?
I would say Bayern ( but they probably want it to happen next year )
Chelsea is a possibility after that. And then possibly us but that would depend on the Sancho coming to United or Pogba leaving . So in a Nutshell , I like most journalist haven't got a clue where he will end up. But that would be my guess

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I’m sure I read Chelsea made a £100m loss last season and they’ve already spent over £100m on Kovacic and Pullisic if I’m not mistaken.

Edit: although upon checking the timeline that might be the same £100m.
Pulisic was accounted for the previous season as we signed him in January of 2019 and loaned him back to BVB for the remainder of the season. Kovacic was the only expenditure this year. Morata's loan becomes an obligation to buy this summer, so that more or less offsets Werner's fee. We thus still have a significant portion of the Hazard money plus three windows' worth of budget.

For me the more interesting domino yet to fall is whether we'll sell Kante. If the rumours that Real Madrid are willing to pony up £75-80m are true, Chelsea really should strongly consider selling in my opinion. Obviously he's our best player but he's a bit of a square peg for a round hole at the moment, is 29, and has a worrying large recent injury record.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I think they could if they absolutely needed too, but dont think they’ll risk it, no.
Who will they prioritise?
Is sane on the market full stop or just for foreign clubs ? Cause i rate him highly.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Who will they prioritise?
Is sane on the market full stop or just for foreign clubs ? Cause i rate him highly.
Sané is going to Bayern and he is a priority over Havertz. They desperately need a third winger and Havertz would be the heir for the „Müller role“ behind the striker.
Bayern could afford Sané and Havertz but it seems they will gamble on him coming next summer. They also need a RB and are allegedly looking at Dest from Ajax.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Sané is going to Bayern and he is a priority over Havertz. They desperately need a third winger and Havertz would be the heir for the „Müller role“ behind the striker.
Bayern could afford Sané and Havertz but it seems they will gamble on him coming next summer. They also need a RB and are allegedly looking at Dest from Ajax.
Do they need a winger ? They have coman gnabry and muller for wide positions right.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Laurie Whitwell is correct then we're gonna attempt to sign either Havertz or Grealish. And failing to sign either we would then turn to VdB.

I personally would choose Havertz over Grealish.

passing-wind

I've no idea how we can sanction purchasing both Sancho / Havertz. We are in a period where we have haggled many expensive targets in recent years, post a pandemic era that will have effected the economy negatively impacting all sporting franchises we are linked with transfers that would realistically take our spending to close to 250 million euros (Sancho/Havertz/DVDB/Tolisso).

I feel like the media outlets are spouting rubbish solely because it's Chelsea portraying the most interest, it somehow fits a narrative of us having to rival them financially when realistically that seems far fetched.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where would Chelsea utilise him? Havertz is incredible for his age, but he would mostly occupy the same positions that they just bought Ziyech for. Unless they are dropping Tammy and utilising him as some sort of second striker?
Ziyech plays on the right coming infield. There’s also very little creatively in the Chelsea side outside of Ziyech (who hasn’t even joined yet). Havertz would slot in perfectly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do they need a winger ? They have coman gnabry and muller for wide positions right.
Coman’s a sick note, Müller plays centrally and a little deeper these days.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we let Lingard and Periera go we’ve definitely still got room for Sancho and Havertz along with Pogba, Bruno, Fred, McTominay and Matic?

croadyman

If we let Lingard and Periera go we’ve definitely still got room for Sancho and Havertz along with Pogba, Bruno, Fred, McTominay and Matic?
Yeah we would have room for him but cannot see any way that Sancho & Havertz come in unless Pogba leaves in this window and that's starting to look very unlikely.

-Supreme-

If Laurie Whitwell is correct then we're gonna attempt to sign either Havertz or Grealish. And failing to sign either we would then turn to VdB.

I personally would choose Havertz over Grealish.
How reliable is Laurie Whitwell? Did he mention anything about Sancho as it'd be interesting if we are going for both

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Ziyech plays on the right coming infield. There’s also very little creatively in the Chelsea side outside of Ziyech (who hasn’t even joined yet). Havertz would slot in perfectly.
Also if Chelsea play 4-2-3-1 then it's basically between Mount and Barkley for the 10 role; Havertz would be an astronomical upgrade over either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How reliable is Laurie Whitwell? Did he mention anything about Sancho as it'd be interesting if we are going for both
He's a good journo and worth listening to imo. And from my understanding of what's being reported, it looks like it will be Sancho and one of Havertz, Grealish or VdB that will be bought.

Cliche Guevara

We’ve got room but that’s bringing in two World Class players to replace squad players who today are unlikely to play much football at all.

I like the idea but genuinely wouldn’t be too sure what the plan is and it’s probably a prohibitive cost.

-Supreme-

He's a good journo and worth listening to imo. And from my understanding of what's being reported, it looks like it will be Sancho and one of Havertz, Grealish or VdB that will be bought.
Good to know. Hopefully that will be Havertz but have a feeling we might end up with Grealish if Vila goes down

forevrared

No real place for him unless we sell Pogba, and even then I'm not sure he's a natural fit. He looks like he'll be very good, though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What would be our lineup?

Rashford Martial Sancho
Havertz
Pogba. Bruno
Fred
Shaw Maguire AWB
DDG
Havertz could play in several positions and I'd personally like to see him up front as a striker if he's bought with our current personnel. He can also contribute as a wide forward and can be deployed as a #8. Which gives him a advantage over Grealish imo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Havertz, Bruno and Pogba in one team is pointless. He either replaces one of the other two in the team or it makes little sense. There’s only one ball.

theklr

Havertz, Bruno and Pogba in one team is pointless. He either replaces one of the other two in the team or it makes little sense. There’s only one ball.
Exactly. People already worry about if there is room or how to fit Pogba and Bruno ...

He could play RW but that is not his prime position.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He could also be deployed as a striker. Could play as a wide forward and his output has been pretty good on the flank. And like I mentioned in my previous post, he could also be deployed as #8.

And if we want to challenge for the league. We can't be in a situation where one injury to either Bruno or Pogba would significantly weaken us. We need a strong squad and top quality of player to come in to the side to keep the momentum going. Also not every player can play in all the games either.

forevrared

I'd be happy to have him if we sell Pogba, but we're not paying 90mil for a backup or to play him out of position at striker. Neither Pogba or Bruno will be satisfied missing more than the occasional match and Havertz would be insane to sign to be a rotation option.

Status
Not open for further replies.