Not open for further replies.

Steamboat Willy

Big Dave
Spiderwan - Maguire - Tuanzebe - Willams
McT - Partey
Sancho - Havertz - Rash
Haaland

Bench: Romero - Lindelof - Shaw - Fred - James - Martial - Greenwood​

I reckon this is all we need to potentially challenge.
Great post.
But how about adding Messi and Mbappé to the bench while we’re at it? Perhaps buy Ronaldo as a squadplayer to mentor the youngsters? We could benefit from that I think.

Stadjer

I will believe it once he holds the United shirt. Bayern/Dortmund wont let this one slip.
If he goes to Dortmund we can sign him from Dortmund later... but most likely Bayern will sign him a few years later if he goes to Dortmund.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Game changing signing if we could get him. Love the positions he takes up between the lines.

Obiorahking_

They gotta be serious. 90mil for a guy who has been below average this season? Mctominay has played in a much deeper role and has better numbers than him(albeit with 3 more games under his belt). No way.

VJ1762

If he goes to Dortmund we can sign him from Dortmund later... but most likely Bayern will sign him a few years later if he goes to Dortmund.
On a free transfer or for something like 30M euros. They announced the signing of Gotze before the CL final against BVB in 2013. Ridiculous that Dortmund charge all these 100M prices for other clubs while bending over backwards for Bayern. They really are the southampton to Bayern's Liverpool.

meamth

Tall, Athletic, Technically very good (As you would expect with a German player coming through their youth systems). Can beat a man, good with both feet, good header of the ball etc etc etc etc

What makes him stand out for me is the timing of his runs though. With the current set up of counter-attacking football, James puts the ball in for the second striker yet Rashford and Martial instinctively go front post back post. So that edge of the box run would definitely yield more goals if we had a player taking advantage of some of the balls that are played into the Box.

I guess it's his game intelligence that makes him so coveted.
So basically a faster, more technical version of Thomas Muller?

Sign him up.

sp_107

Big Dave
Spiderwan - Maguire - Tuanzebe - Willams
McT - Partey
Sancho - Havertz - Rash
Haaland

Bench: Romero - Lindelof - Shaw - Fred - James - Martial - Greenwood​

I reckon this is all we need to potentially challenge.
Good one. I would go for Saul in place of Partey and Werner in place of Haaland. I know its bit fantasy and costs lot now but if you add Pogba's money then it won't look that bad and also we might not have to spend a lot after assembling this kind of young team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Partey - 45m
Sancho - 135m(?)
Havertz 100m(?)
Haaland 60m(?)

I guess only in the region of 350m.
Yep, we need to spend around 350/400 I reckon. As in under Woodward we do. If we had a proper structure where we went for more value players who can make as good an impact, we can spend a lot less.

But we will go for Maddison for £100m or something stupid and then a couple others for similar.

NoLogo

SportBild reliable? I think Kicker is the dodgy paper in Germany?
Nah it's the other way around. Kicker usually doesn't participate in any speculation as only reports things that are done deals. Sportbild in the other will print any piece of gossip they can find, doesn't mean they never get things right though but still take it with a pinch of salt.

That being said, if Ole wants to mainly keep playing 4231 he would be a way better option that any player we are currently employing behind the striker. So yeah, I hope they are right.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yep, we need to spend around 350/400 I reckon. As in under Woodward we do. If we had a proper structure where we went for more value players who can make as good an impact, we can spend a lot less.

But we will go for Maddison for £100m or something stupid and then a couple others for similar.
Ah, ‘structure’. How much did Daniel James cost? Government need to introduce internet licences.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ah, ‘structure’. How much did Daniel James cost? Government need to introduce internet licences.
That's one player. We overpaid for Maguire because we desperately needed a centre back.

Don't try and claim we are good at value transfers. Spurs Liverpool Leicester all spend on better value players, heck City show restraint when the figures get stupid. You can't point to one £20m signing and claim that's reflective. Just look at our targets ffs, it's Maddison. Leicester will absolutely fleece us for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's one player. We overpaid for Maguire because we desperately needed a centre back.

Don't try and claim we are good at value transfers. Spurs Liverpool Leicester all spend on better value players, heck City show restraint when the figures get stupid. You can't point to one £20m signing and claim that's reflective. Just look at our targets ffs, it's Maddison. Leicester will absolutely fleece us for him.
Maddison is a reported target. And Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester all have less money than us. We buy players we can afford if we want them. If we can afford a player for £100m, we wouldn’t go and buy a different for £30m just to prove we too are cool, if that’s not the one we want.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maddison is a reported target. And Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester all have less money than us. We buy players we can afford if we want them. If we can afford a player for £100m, we wouldn’t go and buy a different for £30m just to prove we too are cool, if that’s not the one we want.
It's not to prove we are cool :lol:

Our set up is just garbage and we can probably get away with it because we are so rich. That's all I'm saying. Maddison was a player raved about on the caf since his time at Norwich and its pretty United esque to swoop in for him now.

We will always over pay, that's just how it goes. Yeah we can afford it but when someone else says it's around £350/400m to fix our team based on supposed targets, it's about right. Truth is we can probably solve a few issues for less with the same impact. But we won't because it's Woodys United. The United that buys fellaini after his clause expires, that ends up buying Herrera a year late, Maguire a year late, and so on. That's why we will likely spend a feckton.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
On a free transfer or for something like 30M euros. They announced the signing of Gotze before the CL final against BVB in 2013. Ridiculous that Dortmund charge all these 100M prices for other clubs while bending over backwards for Bayern. They really are the southampton to Bayern's Liverpool.
Götze's signing was leaked before Dortmund played Madrid and he had a release clause, therefore Dortmund couldn't do anything about it.

ROFLUTION

Did anyone watch him last night vs Juventus? Decent, but kind of invisible. No way he should be a 90m player in my view.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So basically a faster, more technical version of Thomas Muller?

Sign him up.
Hmm very similar really although Muller is probably a little more right-sided whereas Havertz is more central.

Easy to bemoan the current crop of players but he is pretty much everything that Lingard SHOULD be in terms of position he takes up on the field, creative spark and goal scorer outside of a traditional CF

JDubz

Supports
Man City
Isn't he having a sub-par season? Especially considering he had 20 league goals last year.

Brophs

The One and Only
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE UP A RONALDO v HAVERTZ COMPARISON OR PIE CHART OR SOMETHING. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO FEEL!!?!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I've never heard of this player in my life but after reading a few posts on here, I'm absolutely convinced we must pay whatever is necessary to get him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've never heard of this player in my life but after reading a few posts on here, I'm absolutely convinced we must pay whatever is necessary to get him.
Havertz good things about him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

So you're saying players bought this summer wasn't Solskjærs picks? I guess James can't be considered value.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So you're saying players bought this summer wasn't Solskjærs picks? I guess James can't be considered value.
When did I say that?

And James is good value. But Woodys track history is to have have about 80% overpaid transfer fees and then 20% value.

croadyman

I will be honest I don't know that much about him so maybe someone could help to give me more of a insight into the type of player that he is and how he would fit into the Utd setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.