Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I've got a feeling Lampard is thinking ahead by playing Kante with 2 attacking based midfielders.

Either he's planning on putting Ziyech there or this is happening.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Depends what happens with Willian. As good as Barkley has done in terms of numbers lately, Havertz would walk into that role.

Pulisic Werner Ziyech
Havertz
Mount Kante​

croadyman

Would happily take him, has so much ability. You just have to remember that Bayern have most likely been in his ear also. So this supposed meeting he is having with Leverkusen according to cfbayern on twitter, could well end up with him agreeing to one more year. If that is the case, he is off to bayern without a shadow of a doubt.

If he wants to leave this summer, i think we may just get him.
Yeah I think there is strong possibility of you signing him this summer, genuinely think we would rival you for this signing if we didn't have that gaping hole on the RW that hopefully Sancho is going to fill. We would also have gone in for him if Pogba had decided to leave but as he is staying there is no chance we can afford two marquee buys.

SinNombre

If he is going to cost 50-60m, we should be in for him.

United fans seem to forget that our good form coincides with both Bruno and Pogba in the midfield, and we have no creative replacements for them if they get injured.

3 players for the 8 and 10 positions is not overkill by any means. This will mean 40 starts and 10 sub appearances if everyone played equally which is a lot.

I also find it interesting that a lot of our fanbase is keen on Grealish but not so much on Kai who is a younger and superior player.

Last edited:

croadyman

United fans seem to forget that our good form coincides with both Bruno and Pogba in the midfield, and we have no creative replacements for them if they get injured.

3 players for the 8 and 10 positions is not overkill by any means. This will mean 40 starts and 10 sub appearances if everyone played equally which is a lot.

I also find it interesting that a lot of our fanbase is keen on Grealish but not so much on Kai who is a younger and superior player.
I would think that he would be much more than £50-£60m, however genuinely think we would have heard something from a credible source by now if there was any interest in him from the club. Certain that he would have been right near the top of the list if Pogba had been sold this summer but as he's staying think that ends any hope.

RUCK4444

Good post. I too wish we were linked more with Havertz instead of Grealish, I think either would be good acquisitions but Havertz will be the superior player.

But that's if indeed the price is 50-60 million. I think it will be more and that's why we aren't linked with him, due the majority of our budget being spent on Sancho most likely.

Would love us to get this kid though, outstanding talent.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

The going cost is closer to 80-90m. Not sure one of Bruno, Kai or Pogba will be okay coming off the bench. Also Kai is similar to Bruno in that he is better off as an attacking mid rather than a deeper lying playmaker. If we were to switch to a 4-4-2 diamond then that changes everything and he can easily fit in but no way Solskjaer is ditching wingers.

Also Grealish is versatile to slot into the LW if need be and premier league proven. He might also workout cheaper if Villa get relegated. He is the more realistic option. Hence people might want him more than Kai.

SinNombre

The going cost is closer to 80-90m. Not sure one of Bruno, Kai or Pogba will be okay coming off the bench. Also Kai is similar to Bruno in that he is better off as an attacking mid rather than a deeper lying playmaker. If we were to switch to a 4-4-2 diamond then that changes everything and he can easily fit in but no way Solskjaer is ditching wingers.

Also Grealish is versatile to slot into the LW if need be and premier league proven. He might also workout cheaper if Villa get relegated. He is the more realistic option. Hence people might want him more than Kai.
I think the number you are stating is what Leverkusen have said publicly pre-Covid and no CL, not where he will get sold with really only one solid bidder in Chelsea. There is no English premium like Sancho and I find it hard to see him going for 80% more money than Werner.

If Leverkusen do not win the Europa and are not playing in the CL next year, I think Havertz will force a move out as well which will also drive the price down.

Kai is quite press resistant (as is Pogba using his physicality) so he can play very well as a 8 (not 6 so not sure where this DLP thing is coming from).

The way I see it, to get back to to 2007-09 levels, we need
4 very good attacker for 3 positions
3 very good forward thinking midfielders for 2 positions

Agree Grealish may work out cheaper if Villa get relegated, but if they don't, with the English premium, he will cost the same as Kai. We do not need a left wing option with all 3 of our current trio capable of playing there.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think the number you are stating is what Leverkusen have said publicly pre-Covid and no CL, not where he will get sold with really only one solid bidder in Chelsea. There is no English premium like Sancho and I find it hard to see him going for 80% more money than Werner.

If Leverkusen do not win the Europa and are not playing in the CL next year, I think Havertz will force a move out as well which will also drive the price down.

Kai is quite press resistant (as is Pogba using his physicality) so he can play very well as a 8 (not 6 so not sure where this DLP thing is coming from).

The way I see it, to get back to to 2007-09 levels, we need
4 very good attacker for 3 positions
3 very good forward thinking midfielders for 2 positions

Agree Grealish may work out cheaper if Villa get relegated, but if they don't, with the English premium, he will cost the same as Kai. We do not need a left wing option with all 3 of our current trio capable of playing there.
Werner isn't a comparable situation because he had a release clause. No chance Havertz goes for 50-60m; Leverkusen would be better off keeping him for a run at the CL next year. It'll be in the region of 85-90m; I also cannot see Grealish costing that much especially if Villa get relegated.

Shark

@NotShark
Do people really expect this guy to come to United for a rotation role? He couid go to so many other big clubs and be their main attacking midfielder. I think Grealish is far more realistic.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I've got a feeling Lampard is thinking ahead by playing Kante with 2 attacking based midfielders.

Either he's planning on putting Ziyech there or this is happening.
I remember Frank saying Ziyech would be used behind the striker to unlock defences. If Havertz came, itd be

Kovacic/Mount Kante/RLC

Ziyech Havertz (big if) Pulisic

Werner

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I remember Frank saying Ziyech would be used behind the striker to unlock defences. If Havertz came, itd be

Kovacic/Mount Kante/RLC

Ziyech Havertz (big if) Pulisic

Werner
What do you make of Declan Rice as a CB? I don't recall ever watching him play in that position.

arthurka

I watch a lot of BL and I don't think he is ready for a switch to the PL.. He has talent no doubt but I have my doubts.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
What do you make of Declan Rice as a CB? I don't recall ever watching him play in that position.
think he is someone Frank would take and he is good ball winner so could work there, think its where he originally started if i remember right. Talk today of Tomori going the other way on loan should it happen. I think i'd take Ake too as an alternative.

Hunch is we end the window with Chilwell and Rice

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
In order to land Havertz, Chelsea will have to offload a number of players with Lampard probably thinking six squad members are surplus to requirements. The likes of Michy Batshuayi, [Irrelevant point], Danny Drinkwater, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Kenedy could all be heading out. Emerson Palmieri looks increasingly likely to leave with Inter Milan looking to bring him back to Serie A. Havertz's proposed Chelsea move appears to be edging closer after Leverkusen chief Rudi Voller Voller revealed that an agreement is in place with Havertz that will allow him to leave this summer.

The talented midfielder has excelled in the Bundesliga for Bayer Leverkusen this season, not only showing his skill and versatility, but also his leadership qualities as he has worn the captain's armband on a whole host of different occasions, showing great signs of maturity for someone at such a young age. Chelsea has already proven with the additions of Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech, are desperate to bolster their squad ahead of the 2020/21 Premier League season and Havertz is understood to be another name right at the very top of Lampard's wish list.

In the ongoing season, Havertz has already scored 12 goals and, along with André Silva, Serge Gnabry, Andrej Kramaric and Sebastian Andersson, has the 10th-most attempts on goal within the league. With six assists, he currently has the second-most in his team along with Karim Bellarabi. With 56 shots taken so far, Kai Havertz has had the second-most attempts on goal of any Bayer 04 Leverkusen player. Up to now, he has hit the post four times. With this, he has had the first-most in the league along with Serge Gnabry. Kai Havertz has been responsible for 58 assists shot at the goal so far and therefore leads the statistics within his squad for this category. In 29 of the previous 30 games of the season, he was in the starting line-up. ituted in for one game. He is one of the strongest runners in the Bundesliga. His total number of sprints this season is 837 (rank 9).

Reactions: Sultan

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
think he is someone Frank would take and he is good ball winner so could work there, think its where he originally started if i remember right. Talk today of Tomori going the other way on loan should it happen. I think i'd take Ake too as an alternative.

Hunch is we end the window with Chilwell and Rice
The improvement he's made to his game since the turn of the year has been quite remarkable. He's turning into an incredible sitting midfielder.

If Lampard wants him for the defence, I trust his judgement but I'll need some convincing before I'm completely comfortable with it.

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Rice and Chilwell. That's quite a window if we actually manage to pull off all those deals.

RDCR07

The improvement he's made to his game since the turn of the year has been quite remarkable. He's turning into an incredible sitting midfielder.

If Lampard wants him for the defence, I trust his judgement but I'll need some convincing before I'm completely comfortable with it.

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Rice and Chilwell. That's quite a window if we actually manage to pull off all those deals.
No fecking way they pull all those off. You crazy? Rice and Chilwell will cost around 75m just cause they are English and same with Kai, well cause he is quality.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No fecking way they pull all those off. You crazy? Rice and Chilwell will cost around 75m just cause they are English and same with Kai, well cause he is quality.
I'd prefer it if you were right, at least about Chilwell. Tagliafico would cost half the amount Leicester are asking, but all the noise coming out if Chelsea journos is that Lampard really likes Rice and Chilwell.

Those same journos appear to be pushing the idea that Chelsea will offload 5-6 players. Whether that's realistic in the current market remains to be seen, but when you're in the Chelsea social media bubble all day, these deals are being discussed literally all day and night, it's hard to look at them as anything other than completely realistic.

RDCR07

I'd prefer it if you were right, at least about Chilwell. Tagliafico would cost half the amount Leicester are asking, but all the noise coming out if Chelsea journos is that Lampard really likes Rice and Chilwell.

Those same journos appear to be pushing the idea that Chelsea will offload 5-6 players. Whether that's realistic in the current market remains to be seen, but when you're in the Chelsea social media bubble all day, these deals are being discussed literally all day and night, it's hard to look at them as anything other than completely realistic.
Why do you even need Rice when you have both Kante and Jorginho?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Much of the speculation around Chilwell has cooled of late - reports are we're looking at more reasonably priced options like Telles (now that PSG have pulled out), Tagliafico, & Digne. Rice's pricetag may be offset to some extent by Barkley going the other way and/or a potential loan deal for Tomori (as has been recently reported).

Chelsea pulled in ~€155m from Hazard and Morata and a further €30m from Boga & Pasalic; ~€93m has been spent on Werner & Ziyech to date. That leaves €92m before even dipping into the normal transfer budget for the summer & without accounting for further sales - there are many players likely to be offloaded from the squad as well (obviously fees are estimated):

Alonso - €20m
Batshuayi - €15m
Bakayoko - €20m
Kenedy - €8m
Emerson - €20m
Drinkwater - €5m (if that)

Point being, Chelsea are arguably in as strong a position as any club in Europe to further add to the team.

Why do you even need Rice when you have both Kante and Jorginho?
Chelsea view Rice as a ball playing CB going forward. Also I'd not be surprised in the slightest if Jorginho is moved on this summer.

L1nk

We cannot let this guy just go to Chelsea, surely not...

RDCR07

We cannot let this guy just go to Chelsea, surely not...
I think we can take solace from the fact that they need to sure up their defense first. It worse than ours and that is saying something. They need a proper center half and a left back. Their urgency is much bigger than ours.

L1nk

I think we can take solace from the fact that they need to sure up their defense first. It worse than ours and that is saying something. They need a proper center half and a left back. Their urgency is much bigger than ours.
They do but if they have a summer of Ziyech, Werner and Havertz that's absolutely insane on an attacking front and could sent them up for years with world class talent. Havertz is there for the taking I feel, this opportunity doesn't come up alot

KennyBurner

They do but if they have a summer of Ziyech, Werner and Havertz that's absolutely insane on an attacking front and could sent them up for years with world class talent. Havertz is there for the taking I feel, this opportunity doesn't come up alot
Is this his first season performing so well? What separates him from the rest of the other brilliant young talents out there?

I dont think he is a one of a kind player that we must get. Let him go to chelsea.

KennyBurner

Watched him against bayern. Looks like a good prospect but nothing more.

I wonder who leverkusen will trick into paying 80-90 million for him. Hope we stay faar away with that price tag.

RUCK4444

Totally agree that we should be throwing our hat into the ring for Havertz as long as the price isn't too steep.

I don't want the summer window that was absolutely set up for United to make ground on the top four (imo) being hijacked by Roman from his yacht. :mad:

Sancho, Havertz, Alaba and Upemecano.

That's my M&S shopping list if I'm ED, and I'm not popping into Aldi instead for cheaper alternatives.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Is this his first season performing so well? What separates him from the rest of the other brilliant young talents out there?

I dont think he is a one of a kind player that we must get. Let him go to chelsea.
Kai Havertz has scored 37 goals over the past two seasons whilst playing 6 different positions, and he turned 21 about 3 weeks ago. He's one of the 5 best prospects (i.e. 21 & under) in world football right now indisputably.

Watched him against bayern. Looks like a good prospect but nothing more.

I wonder who leverkusen will trick into paying 80-90 million for him. Hope we stay faar away with that price tag.
So you dismiss a likely generational player on the basis of a single match where he was against a hugely richer & more dominant side? A match in which he wound up scoring? Have we found Mourinho's burner account?

Christ, I unironically hope you have some sort of pull at United's leadership.

KennyBurner

Kai Havertz has scored 37 goals over the past two seasons whilst playing 6 different positions, and he turned 21 about 3 weeks ago. He's one of the 5 best prospects (i.e. 21 & under) in world football right now indisputably.

So you dismiss a likely generational player on the basis of a single match where he was against a hugely richer & more dominant side? A match in which he wound up scoring? Have we found Mourinho's burner account?

Christ, I unironically hope you have some sort of pull at United's leadership.
Relax he scored a penalty. I also said he looked like a good prospect. I never dismissed him. From what Ive seen I dont see the generational talent. Its just an opinion and I might be very wrong. Nothing to cry about.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Relax he scored a penalty. I also said he looked like a good prospect. I never dismissed him. From what Ive seen I dont see the generational talent. Its just an opinion and I might be very wrong. Nothing to cry about.
You also didn't realize that this is not, in fact, his first season "performing so well".

Apparently you've watched one match and determined he's not a generational talent. I'm certainly not crying, except potentially from laughter at how appallingly bad this take is.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So what happens to Mount ? Surely he wouldn't sit on bench or both wouldnt be ready for a rotation role?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
So what happens to Mount ? Surely he wouldn't sit on bench or both wouldnt be ready for a rotation role?
Since the restart Chelsea have been playing 4-3-3 with Kante as the dedicated deep-lying 6 behind two more attack-minded 8s. Mount has been genuinely excellent as one of the 8s; Havertz coming in would displace Barkley. Given how well Pulisic has played and how shocking Tammy has been, Chelsea's front six for next year would surely be something like this:

-------------------Kante--------------------
-------Havertz-----------Mount-------
Ziyech---------Werner-------Pulisic

Status
Not open for further replies.