Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

Like we wouldn't pay the extra for Hazard, Lucas Moura.. Who cares how much they cost as long as they improve us.
How you can think that Hazard, Lucas and Havertz are comparable is beyond me. We are in a phase of building a squad, spending so much money on 1 player should only be for a proven world class one.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Player’s representative holds ‘concrete talks’ with Man United and Man City – Club demand €100m+ for transfer

On November 27th, SportBild reported Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz is aware that Manchester United are are ‘a fallen giant’ but a move to Old Trafford would still have attractions for him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-r...d-and-man-city-club-demand-e100-for-transfer/
Scenes when he moves to Bayern for €75m and we get Maddison for £90m

MiceOnMeth

How you can think that Hazard, Lucas and Havertz are comparable is beyond me. We are in a phase of building a squad, spending so much money on 1 player should only be for a proven world class one.
Hazard was at Lille and Lucas was still in Brazil and both in early 20s so yes pretty comparable.

croadyman

I like the look of this guy & Saul a lot but would be very surprised if our board is willing to sanction spending that much on a player unless we were to sell Pogba in January which despite reports today seems highly unlikely when we have no one else capable of providing that creativity to break down packed defences.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Booed off, that's quite harsh from his own fans.
Skimming through the club's forum from time to time I'd say a lot of their fans can't accept Leverkusen's place in the food chain and are quite bitter and resentful because of it - e.g. constant moaning about their better players/management and turning hard on players who (are about to) leave them like Havertz (Brandt, Castro, all former fan favourites I believe). Havertz being uninterested in playing football for Leverkusen, but the management forcing Bosz to start him for financial reasons appears to be a shockingly popular theory among them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I like the look of this guy & Saul a lot but would be very surprised if our board is willing to sanction spending that much on a player unless we were to sell Pogba in January which despite reports today seems highly unlikely when we have no one else capable of providing that creativity to break down packed defences.
Pogba will be off if we get an acceptable offer.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Skimming through the club's forum from time to time I'd say a lot of their fans can't accept Leverkusen's place in the food chain and are quite bitter and resentful because of it - e.g. constant moaning about their better players/management and turning hard on players who (are about to) leave them like Havertz (Brandt, Castro, all former fan favourites I believe). Havertz being uninterested in playing football for Leverkusen, but the management forcing Bosz to start him for financial reasons appears to be a shockingly popular theory among them.
Exactly. Some of us are very deluded.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Player’s representative holds ‘concrete talks’ with Man United and Man City – Club demand €100m+ for transfer

That has to be a slap in the face for Phil Foden doesn't it?

DoomSlayer

Hazard was at Lille and Lucas was still in Brazil and both in early 20s so yes pretty comparable.
We had a world class squad with a world class manager back then, the risk would have been justified. There is absolutely no comparison that can be made, if you put more thought into it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I don’t even think Phil Foden expects to become a serious starter for Pep Guardiola at this point.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t even think Phil Foden expects to become a serious starter for Pep Guardiola at this point.
I would have thought that he'd been given assurances that he will step in when David Silva steps out.
If Foden is still not going to get a significant number of meaningful starts, maybe it's time for him to follow in Sancho's footsteps....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Havertz has looked pretty average recently. They'll be lucky to get anywhere over 60m at this rate.

jackal&hyde

And Angel Gomes.

James Ward

He's not from the UK so he's out, probably end up spending a fortune on Maddison.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Priority position but 100m for the shit season he's having? Yikes. I thought his stock would have dropped a bit from 18/19.

If we could do something for Odegaard that would be magic.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Leverkusen are right to demand over 100 mil given what Felix went for, both are similar talented players. But, they have to realize the motivation for Havertz to want to stay and with the inconsistency Leverkusen are showing this season, he may want to go out next season.

Cliche Guevara

Leverkusen are right to demand over 100 mil given what Felix went for, both are similar talented players. But, they have to realize the motivation for Havertz to want to stay and with the inconsistency Leverkusen are showing this season, he may want to go out next season.
I don’t really think it works like that and in any event there was a breakdown of the Felix figures. There’s a lot of shenanigans going on and the fee doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the figure reported.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would prefer Saul. Especially if Pogba is to stay. I’d see no point in an offensive midfielder, pushing Pogba deeper where he doesn’t really have the legs. Pogba and Saul as a double 8 would be a wonderful midfield, with a good defensive midfielder behind them.

Andersons Dietician

While it may well be made up, classic Moyes haunting is with his only two windows to this day.
Made up BS for sure, Moyes went to watch him and he had Phil go a few times as well and it was when Saúl was out on loan. There was rumour he’d be available in the summer, Moyes never made it to the summer.

Which puts the rest of what he has said in that tweet in the garbage pile for me.

Andersons Dietician

Priority position but 100m for the shit season he's having? Yikes. I thought his stock would have dropped a bit from 18/19.

If we could do something for Odegaard that would be magic.
I’m pretty sure his goals scoring record this season is similar to last season. It’s just after January he scored 11 goals and he scored 7 goals in the last 7 games I think it was.
100mil is probably pretty steep but if the fee for Felix is 100+ and Haaland is 76 then 100 is probably about right.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I’m pretty sure his goals scoring record this season is similar to last season. It’s just after January he scored 11 goals and he scored 7 goals in the last 7 games I think it was.
100mil is probably pretty steep but if the fee for Felix is 100+ and Haaland is 76 then 100 is probably about right.
For a 100m signing, I think most people would have expected him to kick on from that January form on a consistent basis. Looks like he hasn't though.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
For a 100m signing, I think most people would have expected him to kick on from that January form on a consistent basis. Looks like he hasn't though.

Which young player does that? Felix is currently living through a crisis himself, even Sancho had a very bad episode at the beginning of the season and he's IMO the best of all of those youngsters. Even Mbappe had periods of bad form in which he didn't score that much.

Havertz is not playing bad and that's the important information. He's simply not scoring as much and this is primarily because he gets special treatment from opposition defenders nowadays. It seems like every team we play sets up to almost double or triple him. Unfortunately there's no player of comparable quality in our squad this season as it used to be the case with Brandt so they can focus completely on Havertz. However, when he plays for a top team again and there are other great players besides him, I'm sure he'll get into goal scoring mode in no time. His finishing and reading of the gain is just brilliant.

All that aside, which midfielder in the world is consistently scoring 15+ goals a season? Not even de Bruyne does that. So isn't it a bit much to expect him to produce double figures every in each half of a season? I think people don't really understand how extraordinarily good his last season has been. There's really no comparable record worldwide right now. Everyone with similar numbers is playing further up front than him.

kidbob

If Pogba is actually wanting to stay then Havertz isn't the priority but rather getting 2 CM is. This only matters if Pogba is sold.

Andersons Dietician

If Pogba is actually wanting to stay then Havertz isn't the priority but rather getting 2 CM is. This only matters if Pogba is sold.
Not sure I agree. We are all assuming Pogba is going to be dropped in to the number 10 role but Ole seemed pretty dead cert earlier in the season that Pogbas best position is CM where he can see the play in front of him. So you could say we might go back to a 2 of Pogba and one other and if that was the case you put Havertz as the more advanced midfielder.

Personally I think Ole might switch to a 433 as I really can’t see how he drops one of Fred or McT in current form but I also don’t see us getting Havertz. I would think Sancho would be a priority.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
People think Sancho is worth 100 mil but laugh at Havertz being worth that, well it's typical hyping of English players. Sancho is great, brilliant actually and one of the best in his age group, but he plays in a far better team and system than Havertz does and therefore performs better.

Havertz performed brilliantly in the second half of the dragon after Bosz came in, better than Sancho, and is just as talented. Put him in a quality team and his quality will shine bright.

croadyman

I think that will heavily depend on whether or not we get champions league football this season through either route. Which 2 CM's would you be looking to bring if by some miracle he did decide to stay on past this summer.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Sorry, wrong board again. Intended to post it in the football forums, landed in this thread through the search

Last edited:

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
United are absolutely desperate for attacking midfielders. City have about 5 to rotate. United have Pogba and he's had injuries. Mata, Pereira and Lingard aren't good enough. If United haven't added another 2 by the start of next season it will be criminal. Pay the money for 2 of Havertz, Grealish and Maddison.

Status
Not open for further replies.