Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyDee

Beckham and Ruud were players that had pretty much lost their first team spot and we were looking to sell. Becks we actually would have preferred to sell to Barca as they were offering a bit more, but he preferred Real.

Them taking Beckham, Ruud and Heinze was them taking our cast-offs, as harsh as that is to two legends. Chicharito as well, although obviously that was only a loan.

Ronaldo is the only player we've sold them that we wanted to keep. De Gea almost was as well, but it was noticeable that he never made a big deal of it (they were quite blatantly trying to get him to cause trouble so we'd be forced to sell him cheaper), and then once they screwed it up he quickly signed a new contract and had no interest the next season when they tried to come back. Pogba maybe, although that was more because we were shit.
That also would have given us a clear run at Ronaldinho. Pretty sure Barca pivoted to him once they lost out on Beckham. Granted, it ended up working out well for us when we found a very promising younger winger to give #7 to.

TheReligion

Abusive
Reports currently circulating on Havertz price is €80m with a deal close to being reached. Reports also suggests you had an £89m bid rejected by Dortmund who are still holding out for €110m+. I very much doubt we'll get the respective players for the same price. You'll pay £100m+ to get Sancho or you won't get him this summer.
Wrong

theklr

Havertz is a luxury signing. He's absolutely not needed at United considering we've got Bruno / Pogba who can advance in his position and are the better players. I think fans are hung to this idea simply because of the profile of his name but when you consider his positional contribution it's an area where we are stacked. Chelsea also don't need him urgently but he's a better talent than Mount and for that reason there's more of an accessibility to his demand in making the starting 11.

I'm unsure what Lampard and the Chelsea hierarchy have identified in choosing to displace Mount who's been good this season in favour of another talented youth prospect in Kai, but I can see why they've made the move. Also this back and forth with Sancho is hilarious, the player could have favoured us but just as likely Lampard being exposed to Ziyech in the UCL could have altered his plans to capitalise on the opportunity to sign him.

I think Ziyech will hit the ground running in the league whereas I think Havertz will have to be nurtured more given the position he occupies. Chelsea will certainly be a better outlet in attack next season but a team is made whole by strengthening weaknesses. They are already very competent on the ball and resemble a team that has better coaching implementation than ours but that defence needs to be sorted as well as replacing Kepa.
In the same way Sancho would be a luxury player for Chelsea . They are well-stacked up in the wing-play.

I've heard bits about how Maria wanted to sign Sancho but Lampard said no, just because he didnt want to use so much of their budget when it wasnt absolutely needed, but I've also heard that Sancho wanted United because of the prestige. By that i merely mean the number of fans and global attention the club have, and not results etc.

But it is all really speculation really, so no need to get butt-hurt in either direction. But there were very little substantial rumours on Sancho to Chelsea before in January and we have worked on getting in even since he played for City.

United Hobbit

Think what's so frustrating about Chelsea's transfers so far this summer is the fact they're getting them wrapped up so early, while no doubt we will be doing our usual dithering and back and forth

How have they been able to get them all sorted so quickly? Wasn't Werner before the transfer window even opened?

Also how have they got all this money? I know they had the ban so have some stashed away but rumours now they're after a goalkeeper as well, just feels a lot of money in one hit, almost City esque.

gajender

Beckham and Ruud were players that had pretty much lost their first team spot and we were looking to sell. Becks we actually would have preferred to sell to Barca as they were offering a bit more, but he preferred Real.

Them taking Beckham, Ruud and Heinze was them taking our cast-offs, as harsh as that is to two legends. Chicharito as well, although obviously that was only a loan.

Ronaldo is the only player we've sold them that we wanted to keep
. De Gea almost was as well, but it was noticeable that he never made a big deal of it (they were quite blatantly trying to get him to cause trouble so we'd be forced to sell him cheaper), and then once they screwed it up he quickly signed a new contract and had no interest the next season when they tried to come back. Pogba maybe, although that was more because we were shit.
Optics of that deal certainly seemed like we wanted to keep him but I think at that time Glazers needed the money we banked from Ronaldo's sale those were uncertain times financially for United we got straight up cash for him if I am not mistaken and I don't think we offered renewed contract anywhere near what Madrid was offering to Ronaldo either.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I hate the fact that these threads are essentially becoming whose dad is stronger type of childish bickering regarding Kai and Sancho.
Ive posted exactly what type of player Kai is multiple times and its been blindfully ignored and people continue playing guessing games on what type of player Kai is, just to continue for the sake of argument. Same goes to the Chelsea fans and United fans bickering over Sancho and Kai price costs. Is there no other thread to discuss player and club finances?
Is there a way a mod can pin my analysis on the player so members are more informed and can use it as a reference on who Havertz essentially is? I doubt that many have even watched any Leverkusen games, let alone be aware of the type of player Havertz is.
Can you post it again? I've watched Havertz for years now so would be interesting to see what you have written about him and how he would fit at Chelsea

crossy1686

career ending
Think what's so frustrating about Chelsea's transfers so far this summer is the fact they're getting them wrapped up so early, while no doubt we will be doing our usual dithering and back and forth

How have they been able to get them all sorted so quickly? Wasn't Werner before the transfer window even opened?

Also how have they got all this money? I know they had the ban so have some stashed away but rumours now they're after a goalkeeper as well, just feels a lot of money in one hit, almost City esque.
They have a DOF of sorts and their cash flow isn't super dependant on waiting to see where they finish to be guaranteed sponsor payments. We were waiting on our final league place and Woodward/Judge like to negotiate over every single aspect of the deals which slows them down massively.

DannyDee

The transfer ban also coincided with them getting 100m for Hazard, so they haven't touched that combined with their usual revenue.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

The money is there. Simple.

Morata plus hazard deal : 150m
Transfer ban year's budget plus this summer's budget. You can easily see how much there is already. They are also going to sell some players for stupid money I am assuming.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We turned away from Sancho in January. That's why Ziyech was bought. I highly doubt we have even given a thought to Sancho in months. It wasn't a direct choice between he and Kai since they are totally different players.
Yeah not sure why they're trying to force Sancho/Havertz comparisons, as you've pointed out above anything else they've picked the wrong player to use.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
According to Bild, you've already bid 89m pounds/98m Euros and were neglected. Personally, I have the feeling you'll be surprised about the price. There will be little discount whatsoever. We still have more than two months to go. If Chelsea and United don't meet the demands, negotiations will take until October. Leverkusen and Dortmund have no interest in finalizing these deals quickly, but you have. And you've also got more to lose than us.

Our worst scenario is that already world class players stay another year at our club. Sure, the fee will be lower next year but then again the Corona-discount will be gone. But you guys will have fiercer competition. Especially for Chelsea, it's now or never due to their unique situation (transfer ban, Hazard fee, etc.). On the other hand, United won't want Madrid, Barca, PSG, etc. to join the conversation either.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

The only player we've signed is Werner. There is no "them all".

Ziyech was bought in the previous window.

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Can you post it again? I've watched Havertz for years now so would be interesting to see what you have written about him and how he would fit at Chelsea
Sure thing, here you go!

Kai Havertz is a player with a high football IQ. I know many players get considered intelligent because they behave well under pressure, but Havertz is different. His actions do make sense all the time and give his team much-needed solutions in possession. The young German combines all types of passes with good off-ball movement and extraordinary behaviour under pressure. No matter if his team needs through balls, long balls to switch sides or quick one-touch passes in tight spaces. Kai Havertz offers all those passes.

When Bayer Leverkusen had problems with injuries, Kai Havertz had to play as a central midfielder. While Leverkusen struggled Havertz was one of the better players an unfamiliar position. From a technical standpoint Kai Havertz doesn’t seem to be the perfect offensive midfielder. Especially, his first touch isn’t always the best. But he is capable of quickly controlling and protecting the ball afterwards. His second touch is always pretty good and allows him to dribble past the opponent or play the dangerous pass. Furthermore, he can play accurate passes even without having the best body position. Havertz not only plays the simple flat through balls during counter-attacks. His good observation of the game allows him to see the open space and be aware of the movement of the defenders. Besides his passing abilities, Havertz shows that he can be a dangerous offensive player who can surprise a defence when they are concentrating on the striker. Havertz shows great awareness of holes in the defence. That’s why he is so dangerous after crosses. The fact that he often appears in the right spot at the right time is a positive sign and a clear indicator of his high football IQ. The technical execution is trainable easily, however, learning how and when to arrive in the box is harder. His timing when starting runs is really impressive and defenders normally struggle to defend those situations, especially if the striker waits in the right spot, the defender has to observe the ball and the striker simultaneously. Problems occur when the striker is positioned behind the defender because then the defender can only react to the movement. It is impossible to observe both, the ball and his opponent, at the same time. Using that advantage correctly, Havertz time after time arrives in the dangerous space while the defender often cannot adjust his position quickly enough to cover the midfield run. Funnily enough, Lampard is the closest midfielder I can think of who has utilized this to perfection.

No matter which position Kai Havertz plays, the fact that he rarely struggles under pressure makes him so valuable for his team. Although Havertz has great technical abilities his dribblings look sometimes inaccurate but are highly effective. His biggest strength is his usage of open space. When a defender pushes out of position Havertz has a great timing of pushing the ball into the open space and therefore unbalance the defender. That’s why he often gets fouled.

Squeaky Bumtime

It has been repeated so much but we dont keep track of Chelsea transfers like we do United's. So every Chelsea deal looks a quick one althugh probably every one of them needed work and lasted for some time. Sometimes it seems quick cause we hear news and next thing you know they have it wrapped up but transfers dont work that way. It's not that somebody from Chelsea calls that and that club one day and the deal is done in 2 days.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
It has been repeated so much but we dont keep track of Chelsea transfers like we do United's. So every Chelsea deal looks a quick one althugh probably every one of them needed work and lasted for some time. Sometimes it seems quick cause we hear news and next thing you know they have it wrapped up but transfers dont work that way. It's not that somebody from Chelsea calls that and that club one day and the deal is done in 2 days.
That's actually a good point, that perspectives of transfer duration for other clubs seem faster because you simply aren't vested in it. Although i would also say that we have a history of paying agents what they want and this forces deals over the line expediently

Squeaky Bumtime

That's actually a good point, that perspectives of transfer duration for other clubs seem faster because you simply aren't vested in it. Although i would also say that we have a history of paying agents what they want and this forces deals over the line expediently
Yeah and on the other hand there were some United deals which took some time, maybe too much time and some of Chelsea's were indeed quick. But as I said not every Chelsea transfer is a quick one nor is every United's a slow, dragging one.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sure thing, here you go!

Kai Havertz is a player with a high football IQ. I know many players get considered intelligent because they behave well under pressure, but Havertz is different. His actions do make sense all the time and give his team much-needed solutions in possession. The young German combines all types of passes with good off-ball movement and extraordinary behaviour under pressure. No matter if his team needs through balls, long balls to switch sides or quick one-touch passes in tight spaces. Kai Havertz offers all those passes.

When Bayer Leverkusen had problems with injuries, Kai Havertz had to play as a central midfielder. While Leverkusen struggled Havertz was one of the better players an unfamiliar position. From a technical standpoint Kai Havertz doesn’t seem to be the perfect offensive midfielder. Especially, his first touch isn’t always the best. But he is capable of quickly controlling and protecting the ball afterwards. His second touch is always pretty good and allows him to dribble past the opponent or play the dangerous pass. Furthermore, he can play accurate passes even without having the best body position. Havertz not only plays the simple flat through balls during counter-attacks. His good observation of the game allows him to see the open space and be aware of the movement of the defenders. Besides his passing abilities, Havertz shows that he can be a dangerous offensive player who can surprise a defence when they are concentrating on the striker. Havertz shows great awareness of holes in the defence. That’s why he is so dangerous after crosses. The fact that he often appears in the right spot at the right time is a positive sign and a clear indicator of his high football IQ. The technical execution is trainable easily, however, learning how and when to arrive in the box is harder. His timing when starting runs is really impressive and defenders normally struggle to defend those situations, especially if the striker waits in the right spot, the defender has to observe the ball and the striker simultaneously. Problems occur when the striker is positioned behind the defender because then the defender can only react to the movement. It is impossible to observe both, the ball and his opponent, at the same time. Using that advantage correctly, Havertz time after time arrives in the dangerous space while the defender often cannot adjust his position quickly enough to cover the midfield run. Funnily enough, Lampard is the closest midfielder I can think of who has utilized this to perfection.

No matter which position Kai Havertz plays, the fact that he rarely struggles under pressure makes him so valuable for his team. Although Havertz has great technical abilities his dribblings look sometimes inaccurate but are highly effective. His biggest strength is his usage of open space. When a defender pushes out of position Havertz has a great timing of pushing the ball into the open space and therefore unbalance the defender. That’s why he often gets fouled.
Good analysis, very accurate description though it should be mentioned that he didn't play in central midfield because Leverkusen had injury problems, that has always been his favoured position. This season he was moved to a number 9 position after the restart because of injuries to Leverkusen's two main strikers.

I'm not sure the Lampard comparison is apt. While Lampard too had a high IQ, he was more devastating from long range than Havertz has been, while Havertz is better technically than Lampard was. Havertz seems to be a good blend between Ballack and Ozil, he has the lazy elegance Ozil has, along with his technical and passing skills, while having Ballack's ability to score goals from midfield.

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Good analysis, very accurate description though it should be mentioned that he didn't play in central midfield because Leverkusen had injury problems, that has always been his favoured position. This season he was moved to a number 9 position after the restart because of injuries to Leverkusen's two main strikers.

I'm not sure the Lampard comparison is apt. While Lampard too had a high IQ, he was more devastating from long range than Havertz has been, while Havertz is better technically than Lampard was. Havertz seems to be a good blend between Ballack and Ozil, he has the lazy elegance Ozil has, along with his technical and passing skills, while having Ballack's ability to score goals from midfield.
The comparison I spoke about with Lampard, is the intelligence to arrive in the box at the perfect time and causing confusion to defenders, thus leading to goals. He flies by the radar in similar fashion in the opposition box and this is not due to luck, it is attacking the space defenders have left open trying to defend. This has always been one of Lampard's strengths to unlocking defenses and getting so many goals. It is also one of the reasons why people would always complain about Lampard getting "Lucky deflected goals".

DanClancy

The money is there. Simple.

Morata plus hazard deal : 150m
Transfer ban year's budget plus this summer's budget. You can easily see how much there is already. They are also going to sell some players for stupid money I am assuming.
Chelsea lost over £95m in their last set of accounts, the Hazard money was already spent in advance. On top of Morata will anyone else bring in a huge transfer fee?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't know why Chelsea are getting a free run at Havertz. Wish United would be in for him.
if he was as good as some people would like you to think, don't you think more clubs would be interested?

I think he looks a good young talent but I'm not sure he will become a worldwide star like some are predicting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
if he was as good as some people would like you to think, don't you think more clubs would be interested?

I think he looks a good young talent but I'm not sure he will become a worldwide star like some are predicting.
I think he will be a top Premier League star within 3 seasons. He’s absolutely made for the league.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea lost over £95m in their last set of accounts, the Hazard money was already spent in advance. On top of Morata will anyone else bring in a huge transfer fee?
We weren't in the CL that season, we spent a fortune on manager exits, we also spent A LOT on transfers. I think it was when we spent £200m on Kepa, Bakayoko etc

Add in all of the above plus Hazard/Morata sale and all the potential sales to come (probably £100-200m of deadwood to flog) and we'll be fine

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Have you actually watched footage of him or do you base your assessment on the international interest in him? If it wasn't for Corona, Chelsea would probably be chanceless since Madrid, Liverpool, Barca and Juventus were all eager to sign him.

He's the best CAM in the Bundesliga and if it wasn't for de Bruyne, he would probably also be the best in the EPL. I believe you'll be surprised how good he is once he makes his first appearances for Chelsea. Their front four is absolutely ace.

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Have you actually watched footage of him or do you base your assessment on the international interest in him? If it wasn't for Corona, Chelsea would probably be chanceless since Madrid, Liverpool, Barca and Juventus were all eager to sign him.

He's the best CAM in the Bundesliga and if it wasn't for de Bruyne, he would probably also be the best in the EPL. I believe you'll be surprised how good he is once he makes his first appearances for Chelsea. Their front four is absolutely ace.
Absolutely spot on. I wish there was some way a mod would pin my analysis on the player, so people like that dont
speak nonsense for the sake of commenting.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Utd, Chelsea, all to name a few rumoured to be interested. If not for covid, hed be at bayern or madrid IMO

izec

He will be a top star in the league, no doubt about it. Future player of the year. What may sound like a bold statement at first, is actually pretty easy to predict. He is still so young as well.

Adam-Utd

Of course, I've watched Leverkusen a lot. I think he's good but I've seen him have lots of games where he's done nothing also.

I think his reputation is a bit over stated, that just my opinion. His recent run of scoring when he played as striker was good, but before that he hadn't scored in a long time and was in poor form.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Of course, I've watched Leverkusen a lot. I think he's good but I've seen him have lots of games where he's done nothing also.

I think his reputation is a bit over stated, that just my opinion. His recent run of scoring when he played as striker was good, but before that he hadn't scored in a long time and was in poor form.
You know, a player can have a great game without scoring. Especially midfielders. Havertz was the best player om the potch for us in most of his games,even during his run of 'bad' form.

cyberman

Absolutely spot on. I wish there was some way a mod would pin my analysis on the player, so people like that dont
speak nonsense for the sake of commenting.
Not so slow on rating yourself there, buddy

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Not so slow on rating yourself there buddy
:lol: this guys watched a Havertz YouTube video on repeat for 2 days and suddenly he’s a scouting expert.

Don’t worry @Open Goal I'm sure somebody will be hiring you very soon for such insightful analysis!

KennyBurner

Looks like an Oscar signing.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like an Oscar signing.
Genuinely curious as to how you came to this conclusion considering the relative quality of the leagues they're coming from as well as their accomplishments prior to the transfer.

That said, if we get 5 years out of Havertz and he then leaves for ~3 times the transfer fee I'll not complain overmuch.

Adam-Utd

You know, a player can have a great game without scoring. Especially midfielders. Havertz was the best player om the potch for us in most of his games,even during his run of 'bad' form.
Of course that's possible, but I see some people comparing him to Zidane, some people saying he has a "super high IQ" like some form of robot.

He's had good games, but he's had bad ones too. You're comparing him to KDB already? I think it's just a step too far.

I think he will take time to adjust to the pace of the PL. You don't get the space in attacking positions like you do in Germany that's for sure.

I never said he was a bad player, I do think he's good especially for his age, but people just need to settle down a little as they're going to expect Mbappe levels from the way you and super scout keep talking about him.

Open Goal

Supports
Chelsea
Speaking of Oscar, I was genuinely confused by his move to China at such a young age. Talent like that gone to waste in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.