Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

In my world Pulisic is and will be the better player. Statswise per minute , Rashford is slightly better, but he took 6 pentalties too. I am not forcing you to agree with me, based on what I have seen from Pulisic in Dortmund and Chelsea, I would take him over Rashford. I am a huge fan of how Martial has developed and transitioned into the 9 position, but Werner is for me the better striker. If you would have watched him regularely , then you would knew he primarely played as a CF , which is his best position. He already played this position during his time in Stuttgart and under Hasenhüttel in Leipzig starting in season 16/17 with an impressive record of 21 goals. While Martial has been a successful CF , Werner also has been a successful CFfor 4-5 years already. Leipzig playingwith 2 strikers sometimes doesn't change the fact that Werner is a experienced CF.
We will just have to wait and see how they do next season in the EPL.

Fridge chutney

When I visit this forum I see a lot of hate for Rashford. I rate him but you guys have messed him around as much as Phil Jones. Neither have a definitive position. I still feel he plays as a striker playing out wide as opposed to an actual inverted winger (Anelka type) but when he plays up front he doesn’t seem to have that killer finish.

Martial gets a lot of penalties but isn’t quite a number 9 either. He is probably a better LW than Rashford.

So you are saying a team without an actual out-out striker and one without a RW is better than the line up you gave? Bruno I’ll let you have that one but I just don’t see it. You definitely have a frightening counter attack team but it’ll never dominate a team like Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez did.

but hey-ho let’s see next season.
This is a really inaccurate assessment of Rashford and Martial this season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I watch both leagues regularely and without any bias I would say it is even. IF I had to decide for one, I would take Chelsea`s. Imo Pulisic > Rashford, Werner > Martial, Bruno = Havertz, Sancho > Ziyech.
Agree. But I think Martial has the potential to be better than Werner and Havertz to be better than Bruno.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
The original plastic team are splashing the cash and getting decent players in. Always will come with an asterisk whatever they achieve. They are not known as the Rentboys for nothing. Plastic fantastic.
Relax bro

SinNombre

I watch both leagues regularely and without any bias I would say it is even. IF I had to decide for one, I would take Chelsea`s. Imo Pulisic > Rashford, Werner > Martial, Bruno = Havertz, Sancho > Ziyech.
Buli fan thinks Buli players better than PL players shocker.

"neutral" opinion.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
:lol:

What a fraud, caught with pants down. Copying articles from few sites and posting them as own posts and then come up with cringeworthy "mod should pin my analysis".
Holy cow, that's brazen. And insolent. And incredibly sad. And very funny :lol:
Too bad we can't tell all his friends about it.

van Persie

Overrated and would expect a overpaid price. No need for us. It's like talking about the next Messi or Ronaldo. He's not that special. Couldn't give less of a feck.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You actually think Pulisic is better? Cute.
It may have been a debate a few months ago but since the restart Puli has gone up a level.

And before you say it's small sample size, it's not that much smaller than what you lot are basing Bruno being the second coming of Christ on.

TheReligion

Abusive
It may have been a debate a few months ago but since the restart Puli has gone up a level.

And before you say it's small sample size, it's not that much smaller than what you lot are basing Bruno being the second coming of Christ on.
You're really bitter Dan. Not sure what you get from posting on the Caf anymore mate. Can't be good for your health.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

I like Pulisic but if we compare productivity, Rashford has 22 goals and 10 assists this season. Pulisic is on 10 goals and 10 assists.

I don't see why you think it's laughable that the former is better right now.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You're really bitter Dan. Not sure what you get from posting on the Caf anymore mate. Can't be good for your health.
Im just pointing out an obvious inconsistency in the argument.

You seem to love going down this bitter route. I remember you pulled the same card when I tried to warn you Jose (in the present day) and Lukaku weren't very good, an opinion the vast majority of United fans now hold.

TheReligion

Abusive
Im just pointing out an obvious inconsistency in the argument.

You seem to love going down this bitter route. I remember you pulled the same card when I tried to warn you Jose (in the present day) and Lukaku weren't very good, an opinion the vast majority of United fans now hold.
Maybe it's just the limited sample size I see of your posts but you seem to have gone from being decent to quite fixated about defending Chelsea to the hilt and making digs at United at every opportunity. You're losing pretty much all your credibility as an oppo on here because of it which is a shame as I used to have you as a decent one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Pulisic has been very good recently, but we need more time to see whether this is just a hot streak or whether this is really him "upping" the level.

It'll be interesting to see if he's even a first choice player once Werner, Ziyech and Havertz join.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe it's just the limited sample size I see of your posts but you seem to have gone from being decent to quite fixated about defending Chelsea to the hilt and making digs at United at every opportunity. You're losing pretty much all your credibility as an oppo on here because of it which is a shame as I used to have you as a decent one.
And what digs would they be? A lot of shade has been thrown about our team lately and United have happened to be used as favrouble comparisons, at absolute worst I'm playing tit for tat.

For example, i dislike Liverpool a lot more than I ever have disliked United (tbf bar the dickheads in school and college I've never really had any serious negatives against you not even after Moscow) yet if someone told me not one of our players would get in a combined Xl I won't argue it (I'll maybe argue a midfielder but that's the absolute maximum) when the same is said with a team that's been around our level for the last few years I'll contest it. Whenever someone has said (paraphrasing) we're both in a similar boat and will probably be the next teams to challenge once City/Liverpool drop off/need a rebuild I've happily clappily agreed in perfect harmony.

If that makes me come across as whatever you want to call it then so be it but let's be honest people debating/arguing with me aren't always innocent, remember the grief I got in the "will the PL be voided" thread for having an (ultimately correct) opinion?

cyberman

Rashford has been great since the break? Its only West Ham and Leicester that hes been quiet but thats because he's holding the width. His all round play has gone up a notch.
He may get lost in the shuffle since our front 4 have been pissing it for some time now so its harder to stand out.
Didnt you once say only 3 or so Utd players would get in your side and had Kepa in a combined 11 or was that someone else?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I bet that last season you would also say Joelinton & Haller are better than Giroud. :lol:

In my world Pulisic is and will be the better player. Statswise per minute , Rashford is slightly better, but he took 6 pentalties too. I am not forcing you to agree with me, based on what I have seen from Pulisic in Dortmund and Chelsea, I would take him over Rashford.
Take off Rashford's penalty, he still scored more goals than Pulisic. To put it simple, Rashford in England international 2019, went toe to toe with Rashford in the regular spot competition, scored more goals & assists than Sancho. While Pulisic struggled to get regular playing time in Dortmund because of Sancho.

TheReligion

Abusive
And what digs would they be? A lot of shade has been thrown about our team lately and United have happened to be used as favrouble comparisons, at absolute worst I'm playing tit for tat.

For example, i dislike Liverpool a lot more than I ever have disliked United (tbf bar the dickheads in school and college I've never really had any serious negatives against you not even after Moscow) yet if someone told me not one of our players would get in a combined Xl I won't argue it (I'll maybe argue a midfielder but that's the absolute maximum) when the same is said with a team that's been around our level for the last few years I'll contest it. Whenever someone has said (paraphrasing) we're both in a similar boat and will probably be the next teams to challenge once City/Liverpool drop off/need a rebuild I've happily clappily agreed in perfect harmony.

If that makes me come across as whatever you want to call it then so be it but let's be honest people debating/arguing with me aren't always innocent, remember the grief I got in the "will the PL be voided" thread for having an (ultimately correct) opinion?
I think you just need not get sucked in to making pointless digs in these tit for tats in that case. There's thousands of United fans on here and a large number of idiots. There's fewer oppo fans so if you start letting yourself get dragged into WUMing (which you definitely have even if you don't admit it) you'll stand out alot more and lose your credibility. That's the poison chalice of posting on another teams forum unfortunately and something you can't get away from.

-Supreme-

Pulisic has been very good recently, but we need more time to see whether this is just a hot streak or whether this is really him "upping" the level.

It'll be interesting to see if he's even a first choice player once Werner, Ziyech and Havertz join.
This also applies to Rashford tbf as he was great from Oct - Jan when Martial was around, then got injured and his form has not been the same since the restart.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It wouldn't have even been a conversation a few months ago given Pulisic went from Dortmund bench to Chelsea mediocrity. Now it's a comparison worth being made because Pulisic is playing well and Rashford has gone up a level this season too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This also applies to Rashford tbf as he was great from Oct - Jan when Martial was around, then got injured and his form has not been the same since the restart.
That's true. They are definitely comparable players.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think you just need not get sucked in to making pointless digs in these tit for tats in that case. There's thousands of United fans on here and a large number of idiots. There's fewer oppo fans so if you start letting yourself get dragged into WUMing (which you definitely have even if you don't admit it) you'll stand out alot more and lose your credibility. That's the poison chalice of posting on another teams forum unfortunately and something you can't get away from.
Correct me if I've got this wrong but isn't it the amount of oppo fans on this place that has elevated it to arguably the best football forum on the net?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a great place without but what i mean is, I can't imagine there's many if any other places that have (to pluck two randoms) Levekusen and Porto fans regularly posting in the same place, it's such diversity that attracted me to sign up in the first place as even the forums designed for all fans only really have supporters of British clubs.

Nick7

Rashford was very good post restart. His passing and all round play were much better after the restart than before.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Thing is, you can't even voice your opinion about a highly rated United player in recent months if it doesn't suit the board consensus. It's enough to say that you think Rashford is a good talent but not a worldclass one to get anatoginzed left, right and center. Discussing topics related to United isn't fun if you're not a fan. Hard to not take part in that and provoke back those posters a little here and there.

E-mal

I dont care what anybody thinks and am not even one of Rashford's biggest fan but he is better than Pulisic, its a joke to even compare them.
One couldnt get a game in Dortmund, and the other is playing ahead of Sancho in the England team.
In fact based on what they have done in the game it is a joke to compare them. A couple dribbles against Liverpool and Palace does not make you better.

cyberman

He has been great since though, just in a different way.
His all round game has jumped a level imo. I didnt know he could make the passes that hes doing now

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rashford was very good post restart. His passing and all round play were much better after the restart than before.
His all round game has jumped a level imo. I didnt know he could make the passes that hes doing now
Exactly, he had few poor games but this "he was poor since restart" is just way off the mark.

Anyways not sure why every thread ends up with comparing players and especially with Rashford.

-Supreme-

I can see his passing has improved, but that's because he was average before.

If Rashford's performance over the course of the season really has been great, then how did he get a season average rating of 5.8?

A great performance surely is a solid 9?

E-mal

Thing is, you can't even voice your opinion about a highly rated United player in recent months if it doesn't suit the board consensus. It's enough to say that you think Rashford is a good talent but not a worldclass one to get anatoginzed left, right and center. Discussing topics related to United isn't fun if you're not a fan. Hard to not take part in that and provoke back those posters a little here and there.
There's thinking Rashford is not yet world class and then there's saying fecking Pulisic whom good games could be counted by hand is a better player.
Its like me saying Bruno is better than KDB becuase he has been better post lockdown (even though thats debetable).

RUCK4444

Exactly, he had few poor games but this "he was poor since restart" is just way off the mark.

Anyways not sure why every thread ends up with comparing players and especially with Rashford.
I like Rashford and would usually back him just through his pure effort and for the fact he gives his all. However I'm one of the ones who thought he looked well off his usual pace since the restart.

Dropping deep, making fewer forward runs, not taking on his man as much, less goals. He still had good moments and some nice forward passes, but they came from a deeper area of the pitch when we should be seeing him further up the pitch.

I'm confident he will hit the ground running next season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.