Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe its because things have got a bit heated in here youre going over the top or maybe you're just ignorant of Chelsea's performances before Christmas -
Its wierd the lengths some are going to put down our players and potential signings. I'm happy to admit Greenwoods a top talent, Bruno's made an excellent impact, Martial's looking so much better and Sancho would be an incredible signing but all we hear regarding our lot is (paraphrasing) "Pulisic is overrated apart from when we need to use the argument you did replace Hazard", "Ziyech and Werner will flop", "Havertz ain't all that" "all you're youth will get no minutes next season" "oh and 2-0, mind the gap, lmao". It's behaviour I'm use to from Spurs fans, not (a minority of) fans of the biggest club in the country if not the world.

I don't see why it's particularly difficult to appreciate what both club is doing. Both mixing their best youth with star signings (best way to go), both inconsistent and a couple of years away from a title challenge but clearly got a plan to get there, there will be periods where one is looking great and the other average and vice versa because of that. Why the need for this dick measuring contest? Why the need to try and claim one team are better in most/every way when the league table of this year and last (when the projects of both clubs started) clearly tell you that's bull?

I see there's been some links with Ter Stegan lately, it's unlikely to happen obviously but unless those links quickly go away will he be "not all that" and suddenly inferior to DDG/Henderson by this time next week.

Suedesi

Let's recap the last few pages of this insanely absurd thread.

And to cap it all in between, we had Own Goal brazenly copy analysis from a website and try to pass it on his own, but also arrogantly declare to the mods that they should pin it so that he doesn't need to write it again.
You mean paste it again?

zakk88

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah the Pulisic bit show how ridiculous some Chelsea fans are on this forums. The guy finally showed up after lockdown after previously residing in mediocrity at Chelsea and benched by an 18 year old at Dortmund prior to that and suddenly he's so good that it's laughable to compare him to Rashford. I mean how deluded must one be to think Pulisic is better than Rashford after finally turning up recently let alone pretend that Rashford is laughable inferior to him to not even warrant a comparison.

Some Chelsea fans are clearly delusional.
There seems to be a misconception that Pulisic just showed up after lockdown and that this is a purple patch.
Pulisic has been good all season, before his 5 month lay off he was arguably the most information player in the team, He had 5 goals and 2 assists and from just 15 starts.
He was also the one of stand out players in the Super cup game against Liverpool, scored a brilliant goal which I believe should have stood.
He might have kicked on after the lockdown, but he's been good all season anytime he played

Red Star One

Its wierd the lengths some are going to put down our players and potential signings. I'm happy to admit Greenwoods a top talent, Bruno's made an excellent impact, Martial's looking so much better and Sancho would be an incredible signing but all we hear regarding our lot is (paraphrasing) "Pulisic is overrated apart from when we need to use the argument you did replace Hazard", "Ziyech and Werner will flop", "Havertz ain't all that" "all you're youth will get no minutes next season" "oh and 2-0, mind the gap, lmao". It's behaviour I'm use to from Spurs fans, not (a minority of) fans of the biggest club in the country if not the world.

I don't see why it's particularly difficult to appreciate what both club is doing. Both mixing their best youth with star signings (best way to go), both inconsistent and a couple of years away from a title challenge but clearly got a plan to get there, there will be periods where one is looking great and the other average and vice versa because of that. Why the need for this dick measuring contest? Why the need to try and claim one team are better in most/every way when the league table of this year and last (when the projects of both clubs started) clearly tell you that's bull?

I see there's been some links with Ter Stegan lately, it's unlikely to happen obviously but unless those links quickly go away will he be "not all that" and suddenly inferior to DDG/Henderson by this time next week.
Yeah I agree, perhaps it’s the fear that even if we are in our best spot quality-wise in a long while and many (me included) deeply hope we can narrow the gap between United and Liverpool/City, Chelsea are starting to emerge as a real threat and will surely challenge for this top3 or even higher spot next year. In my eyes Ziyech/Werner/Havertz plus some defender will make Chelsea the team with the best transfer window of the summer and should help you get on another level, especially as you seem to have targeted players Lampard wanted and got the business done early. Werner particularly looks like someone who could flourish, if Havertz indeed comes (is it confirmed?) he’ll be a great addition. I’m not ashamed to say I fear Chelsea a lot and if I were to put my money I’d say you’re going to finish higher than us next year. Then again, if our guys continue with the development we’ve seen last few months, there’s nothing Chelsea will be able to do

Varun

Staff
This is the Havertz thread lads. Take this discussion elsewhere or better still, nowhere given how inane it is.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Back to the topic, Leverkusen released a nice documentary about him (English subtitles available) - it's 50 odd minutes, mind, but covers a lot of his upbringing at the club:

TheLord

Back to the topic, Leverkusen released a nice documentary about him (English subtitles available) - it's 50 odd minutes, mind, but covers a lot of his upbringing at the club:

There’s nothing more misleading than YouTube titbits - Even Fred can appear better than Maradona.

Skills

Snitch

This bit is hilariously accurate tbf. All your players are overrated apart from when we want to sing and dance, about how much better Ole is doing than Lampard. Then the same players become much better than anything we have.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol: Irony is well and truly lost in this post.

Edit: Forgot @Varun 's post.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
This bit is hilariously accurate tbf. All your players are overrated apart from when we want to sing and dance, about how much better Ole is doing than Lampard. Then the same players become much better than anything we have.
And you think opposite is not true?

Morpheus 7

Havertz looks great, Chelsea really focusing on the wrong area of the pitch though. Need a new backline, keep Reece James that's it. Spending huge money on Havertz seems wasteful.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz looks great, Chelsea really focusing on the wrong area of the pitch though. Need a new backline, keep Reece James that's it. Spending huge money on Havertz seems wasteful.
I don't think we need a whole new back line for starters, but we've been heavily linked with keepers, left backs and centerbacks, so what makes you think Chelsea won't at least attempt to address that problem?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You can always sign defenders. But in Chelsea's position you have to capitalize when the opportunity to land a talent like Havertz is on the table.

A top squad isn't built in one window. Right now that's imcredibly good transfer management by Chelsea.

Morpheus 7

I don't think we need a whole new back line for starters, but we've been heavily linked with keepers, left backs and centerbacks, so what makes you think Chelsea won't at least attempt to address that problem?
Chelsea lost 12 games and conceded 54 goals in the league alone. Did you not watch them this season or watch the game yesterday, you leak so many goals. Your backline is dog shite, don't trust your expensive keeper either. How much money is there to go around. We'll see where it all goes, buying Havertz for 80m would worry me if I was a fan. You don't win anything with a poor keeper and defense.

Morpheus 7

You can always sign defenders. But in Chelsea's position you have to capitalize when the opportunity to land a talent like Havertz is on the table.

A top squad isn't built in one window. Right now that's imcredibly good transfer management by Chelsea.
You can always sign defenders, what kind of thing is that to say. No wonder you'se didn't make top 4 in that rubbish league.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You can always sign defenders, what kind of thing is that to say. No wonder you'se didn't make top 4 in that rubbish league.
You really think signing defenders is as hard as landing the biggest attacking talents in the world?

I also could comment on the transfer policy of your club but given the double standards in here when talking about United topics, I pass on that one.

Morpheus 7

You really think signing defenders is as hard as landing the biggest attacking talents in the world?

I also could comment on the transfer policy of your club but given the double standards in here when talking about United topics, I pass on that one.
Feel free to comment on United's transfer policy, I wouldn't be defending it in recent years.

People that don't recognise both sides of the pitch baffle me. A good goalkeeper can be as important as any outfield player. It's no coincidence that Liverpool starting winning stuff when they got Allison and VVD. Having balance makes a good team in any position of a league.

roonster09

Scout
As usual poor reply!
I even compiled the list of posts but that would take this thread completely off topic.

Havertz, Werner, Pulisic > Martial Rashford
Kovacic > any ManUtd midfielder
Azpi > Shaw
Willy caballero > De Gea
James > AWB
One of the CB better than one of ManUtd CB

As usual you will say "I haven't seen anyone posting this", I will post list of your posts and you will disappear as usual.

Post all this and then come up with "I don't know why it's hard to give credit where it's due" :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea lost 12 games and conceded 54 goals in the league alone. Did you not watch them this season or watch the game yesterday, you leak so many goals. Your backline is dog shite, don't trust your expensive keeper either. How much money is there to go around. We'll see where it all goes, buying Havertz for 80m would worry me if I was a fan. You don't win anything with a poor keeper and defense.
That doesn't mean the entire back 5 needs to be binned. Chelsea will address it, and I can almost guarantee we won't start the new season without a new keeper and a new LB.

It doesn't worry me at all that we're trying to land Havertz. I'm literally the opposite of worried. He's an incredible talent and I can't wait for him to be officially announced.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Feel free to comment on United's transfer policy, I wouldn't be defending it in recent years.

People that don't recognise both sides of the pitch baffle me. A good goalkeeper can be as important as any outfield player. It's no coincidence that Liverpool starting winning stuff when they got Allison and VVD. Having balance makes a good team in any position of a league.
Of course. I'm not arguing that Chelsea shouldn't adress their defense. I also think that is their weak spot and if it was about immediate improvement, signing defenders should be more urgent. But as I said, you don't build a top team in one single window. And Chelsea has the unique opportunity to land an offensive talent that would usually be out of their reach and is only realistic due to the Corona situation and Chelsea being very liquid because of their recent transfer ban.

And with all due respect to defenders, there's a reason those astronomical sums aren't paid for them but attackers. A talent like Havertz is much rarer and harder to sign than a very good CB. That's what I meant with 'you can always sign defenders'.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I even compiled the list of posts but that would take this thread completely off topic.

Havertz, Werner, Pulisic > Martial Rashford
Kovacic > any ManUtd midfielder
Azpi > Shaw
Willy caballero > De Gea
James > AWB
One of the CB better than one of ManUtd CB

As usual you will say "I haven't seen anyone posting this", I will post list of your posts and you will disappear as usual.

Post all this and then come up with "I don't know why it's hard to give credit where it's due" :lol:
Well according to a high percentage of your fellow fans AWB should be getting replaced by a youth product (Laird) who's not played a single minute in domestic competitions....

I take it for the sake of consistency you're taking them to task over it?

roonster09

Scout
Well according to a high percentage of your fellow fans AWB should be getting replaced by a youth product (Laird) who's not played a single minute in domestic competitions....

I take it for the sake of consistency you're taking them to task over it?
Yes and few think McTominay should start over Pogba, Greenwood will displace Martial next season, you get extreme opinions.

What I don't see is some opposition fan coming up with 8-9 Chelsea players are better than Manutd and then come up with "posts should be balanced, unbiased, why can't people give credit where it is due" type of posts.

Posts saying how Tammy and James should replace/fight TAA and Kane, later come up with "I have never seen those posts". When pointed out, post irrelevant "Rashford vs Mbappe" thread where more than 90% of posts are about how Mbappe is so far ahead.

And just to make it clear, those fans believe Laird will replace AWB in the future as he is very highly talented player, not this season or next.

Just a new keeper, new centre backs and a left back then.

The reason Liverpool won the European Cup last year and the league this year is because they spent (at the time) world record fees on a Goalkeeper and a Centre Back.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The reason Liverpool won the European Cup last year and the league this year is because they spent (at the time) world record fees on a Goalkeeper and a Centre Back.
Well the PL will likely allude us next year and the CL will be ridiculously hard, you can never say never (with CL) as all it takes for a deep run is a few things to go your way at the right times but realistically it's unlikely.

Domestically we're hoping to have a similar season to Liverpool in 17/18, inevitable growing pains but some excellent football and a blueprint to (hopefully) start challenging again from 21/22 onwards.

TheLord

I didn’t think that was allowed on YouTube.
I didn’t realize “it” was already so archaic!

——
On a different note, I don’t understand the argument of some posters saying, “Chelsea need defenders instead, so Havertz is a bad deal”. When there is an opportunity to grab a huge potential, finances/squad permitting, top clubs should go for the player. I wrote a week back that Chelsea’s plan seems to buy expensive young attackers and buy (at least one) relatively inexpensive defenders plus GK and see how everything pans put.

Last edited:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Some people on social media and the like seem to think if we sign Havertz, then thats it, our window is finished and we fecked up because we didnt get any defenders. Not correct.

I'd quite confidently expect a LB and CB at the minimum. GK i think is least likely of the 3. Although Kepa out on loan and Onana in is what i could see happening, if anything

I think the Leverkusen documentary could have possibly been a goodbye, the end definitely gave that impression. The timing of it i found weird, releasing that when he's apparently on his way out; so you cant blame someone for thinking it was a farewell video

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I remember being genuinely thrilled at the signing of Kezman after a YouTube compilation.
Kezman to be fair though, he was brilliant at Partizan and PSV, especially the latter. Was just the league he couldnt adapt to, really.

Gazza

That makes absolutely no sense. People in here have been savage about United’s transfer policy for years. Try again :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course. I'm not arguing that Chelsea shouldn't adress their defense. I also think that is their weak spot and if it was about immediate improvement, signing defenders should be more urgent. But as I said, you don't build a top team in one single window. And Chelsea has the unique opportunity to land an offensive talent that would usually be out of their reach and is only realistic due to the Corona situation and Chelsea being very liquid because of their recent transfer ban.

And with all due respect to defenders, there's a reason those astronomical sums aren't paid for them but attackers. A talent like Havertz is much rarer and harder to sign than a very good CB. That's what I meant with 'you can always sign defenders'.
Totally disagree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.