Kai Rooney Signs For United

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Colleen and the kids aren't living in the US - was mentioned in the interview Rooney did with the Athletic this week.

Can't blame her for wanting to be away from him. Probably living her best life.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The Gothia Cup media team spoke with him in Gothenburg:

"I could play on the wing as well, but I’m mainly a striker that scores goals. That’s what I got to keep doing to win the tournament," he said. "I’m quite pleased with my performances. Obviously, I could have been better, but generally, I think that I have been quite good.

"I have scored a few goals. It’s a great tournament with many different teams. So many different countries are involved. It’s the biggest tournament in the world. The feeling here is good. It’s lots of different pitches, we live together and many people are watching."

Kai was asked if his dad gives him advice and added: "It’s a lot about scoring goals because he was pretty good at scoring goals. So it’s mainly tips about that. He is preparing me to get into professional football with the right mentality.

"He’s helping me a lot. He watched the last game and he’s been looking at the fixtures. He says he’s pleased with them all. My dreams are to win the Premier League, Champions League and the World Cup."

Wayne Rooney confirmed earlier this week that Kai was doing 'everything he could' to try to have a career in football. Kai is the eldest of four children and the other Rooneys are said to be keen footballers with professional aspirations.

When asked about Kai, he told The Athletic: "He’s enjoying it. hat’s the most important thing. He’s doing everything he can to try to have a career in football and not just him, my other children as well.

“They love the game and my advice — to any children — is play to enjoy. There’s that much pressure when you do get to the professional level and sometimes you forget why you’re playing the game.

“You’re playing because you love playing the game and you enjoy playing the game. As long as you’re doing everything right to give yourself the best opportunity then you never know.

“Young players develop at different times and in different ways. He’s trying, he’s giving it a go and hopefully he can get to the level he wants.”

Kai has previously said he wants to reach the first-team at United. “In ten years hopefully I will be playing in the Premier League for Man United, that’s where I see myself but I’ve got to make it happen with the hard work," he told SY Football in March.

“My dad helped me through some of the hard times and taught me a lot about the game. Even just being in the car listening to him as a manager talking to all the players.”

top1whoisman

Scout
He was a guest on Thogden's Premier League predictions video. Not sure if it's smart of the family to let him get that much exposure and not sure if it's responsible from Thogden to have a 13-year old guest but it is what it is.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was a guest on Thogden's Premier League predictions video. Not sure if it's smart of the family to let him get that much exposure and not sure if it's responsible from Thogden to have a 13-year old guest but it is what it is.
Yeah that is a bit odd but I suppose he’s probably used to fame considering his dad.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah that is a bit odd but I suppose he’s probably used to fame considering his dad.
He probably kind of is but I still think it’s not a good decision for a 13-year old, especially a son of a famous footballer, to go on one of the most popular football YT channels. Maybe it’s me who’s weird, I don’t know.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
There was a lot of attention on him in the Gothia cup where he was playing for his school.
I agree with you but it's something he has to get used to IMO. He seems to be talented and has his father's build. So hopefully he stays focused on his football.

top1whoisman

Scout
There was a lot of attention on him in the Gothia cup where he was playing for his school.
I agree with you but it's something he has to get used to IMO. He seems to be talented and has his father's build. So hopefully he stays focused on his football.
Having attention on him when playing football is inevitable and something he has to deal with, yes. This was something that they chose to do, not something that an academy player has to deal with.

Bojan Djordjic

How does he have his father's build? :lol:

His father is borderline obese and he's this skinny kid that looks like any other teenager his age that's in good health. Who knows what he'll look like as he matures but you can't say he has his Dad's physique from even his playing days.

Swedish_Plumber

All I’m saying is, and I hope I’m not putting any undue pressure on a teenager, he better be twice the fecking player his dad was or what’s the point anymore?

Wilt

All I’m saying is, and I hope I’m not putting any undue pressure on a teenager, he better be twice the fecking player his dad was or what’s the point anymore?
If he’s half the player his dad was he’d walk straight into this team.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
How does he have his father's build? :lol:

His father is borderline obese and he's this skinny kid that looks like any other teenager his age that's in good health. Who knows what he'll look like as he matures but you can't say he has his Dad's physique from even his playing days.
He's 13...He is physically bigger than his age and you can tell he has good genetics like his dad. Wayne didn't take care of himself but he was very athletic and was built like a 23 year old at 16. I'm obviously not comparing Kai to present day Wayne.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So he's actually decent? Would be incredible to see another Rooney in our first team.
If he has 50% the talent Wayne has when he's 18, he'll get a chance.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
14 now, end of next year he’ll be banging in the winner against Arsenal.

Borninthe80ts

He seems to be a fairly well rounded individual that definitely has traits of his dad in his game from the little ive seen. Has a quiet determination/confidence I like. Got a nice left foot too and if he matures physically will be one pushed ahead of schedule I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wonder if he grew up supporting United or Everton

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Don't they have like 10 boys? One of them might actually be decent :D

Devil81

Wonder what became of the brother that didn't make it football wise. I know his youngest brother John currently plays for Macclesfield and has bounced about England's lower leagues and the MLS.

It clearly runs in the blood as Kai is posting amazing numbers against kids in the academy level. It's not like he's throwing in these numbers against the local district league sides. Whether he makes the grade or not I'd say he's going to have a career in the game at some paid level.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wonder what became of the brother that didn't make it football wise. I know his youngest brother John currently plays for Macclesfield and has bounced about England's lower leagues and the MLS.

It clearly runs in the blood as Kai is posting amazing numbers against kids in the academy level. It's not like he's throwing in these numbers against the local district league sides. Whether he makes the grade or not I'd say he's going to have a career in the game at some paid level.
Genetics must have something to do with it but I can't help but think that his normal kickabouts with dad weren't the same as other kids growing up.

"Dad, can we slow it down a bit?!"
"LoI nope." *Does some more amazing skills*

top1whoisman

Scout
Anyone know what age group he's playing in? Is he always this prolific. Feel like I've seen a few of these social media posts after he's notched up a bag full of goals.
U14 mainly, he turned 14 in November.

Yeah he’s bagged a lot of goals but you never know how they turn out as far as being well-rounded forwards. Plenty have scored 100+ goals in a season on youth level but it doesn’t really mean much. McNeill being one example.

Last edited:

Bojan Djordjic

Yeah he’s bagged a lot of goals but you never know how they turn out as far as being well-rounded forwards. Plenty have scored 100+ goals in a season on youth level but it doesn’t really mean much. McNeill being one example.
Cheers - thought he was a good bit older than he is to be fair so puts a different shine on things alright knowing he's U14. Good sign all the same. Even McNeill could come good later in his career i.e. mid twenties. Hard at the top for those fox in the box strikers when they don't have top-end pace and their man-strength isn't yet there.

top1whoisman

Scout
Cheers - thought he was a good bit older than he is to be fair so puts a different shine on things alright knowing he's U14. Good sign all the same. Even McNeill could come good later in his career i.e. mid twenties. Hard at the top for those fox in the box strikers when they don't have top-end pace and their man-strength isn't yet there.
Absolutely he could. And I don’t mean it in a bad way, as you said it takes a lot to become a top tier striker. He’s not a bad footballer, just won’t be a top flight striker.

Hal9000

Who remembers Bojans 10000000 goals at youth level...