Kai Rooney Signs For United

Abizzz

Good to see.

However I don't think we should have threads about 11 year old kids.

GenZRed

nonsense, he spent his last 3-4 yrs at the club as by far the worst player ive ever watched play football at the club.
even fat anderson was better.
Rooney scored 29 goals in 40 appearances in the 2013-14 season, our worst season before and since in the Premier League.

Anderson was a bang average player who only seemed alright because of Fergie.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s not actually signing a contract, is he? I mean, he’s 11. I wonder what’s written on that paper?
The same as any academy player. You can’t play for another team etc.

The way it’s portrayed is that it’s some sort of modern slavery but it really is standard. I know parents with kids in academies and nothing is that strict.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Pretty sure it was leaked he penned a letter to Nicky Butt questioning some of the other signings for the under 11's in the team and that he was disappointed with the ambition of the club after not replacing 9 year old Ben Linley.
What an 11 year old wrote to Butt questioning the other signings?

Sounds like a politician

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The same as any academy player. You can’t play for another team etc.

The way it’s portrayed is that it’s some sort of modern slavery but it really is standard. I know parents with kids in academies and nothing is that strict.
I’m mainly joking but surely when kids that young join an academy it’s their parents that sign any associated paperwork?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I’m mainly joking but surely when kids that young join an academy it’s their parents that sign any associated paperwork?
I would have thought so, I'd guess this is just a photo op signing.

Similar to when first team players sign:

Not even a nice bit of "Lorem Ipsum...." placeholding text for the phony contract. Someone just hammered jibberish into the keyboard.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
nonsense, he spent his last 3-4 yrs at the club as by far the worst player ive ever watched play football at the club.
The hippies have got a lot to answer for with shit like this a result of freedom of speech.

Threesus

Man, I have got tears in my eyes. The son of my favorite ever footballer is going to play for our club. Is this the start of a new Maldini like dynasty at the club?
Here is hoping that King Kai makes it with us.

atkar83

I wonder how much impact his upbringing in wealth will compare to the poverty that Wayne grew up in, in comparison. Sometimes fighting for a better life gives you that drive to succeed. I know Mike Tyson said his son wanted to box, but he told him "there are killers out there, and you're not that". But sons of good players have done well in history (Peyton Manning in the NFL, Steph Curry in the NBA, etc)

Bwuk

Rooney back as manager subbing on Kai to make his debut in 2026?

Cloud7

I wonder how much impact his upbringing in wealth will compare to the poverty that Wayne grew up in, in comparison. Sometimes fighting for a better life gives you that drive to succeed. I know Mike Tyson said his son wanted to box, but he told him "there are killers out there, and you're not that". But sons of good players have done well in history (Peyton Manning in the NFL, Steph Curry in the NBA, etc)
I don't think there's a hard and fast rule that you can apply to this. For example Busquets is a third generation footballer I think, and he's ended up as probably the best DM of his generation. I agree that coming from a hard background would give you more drive and hunger to succeed, but I think that even if they come from wealth, once the drive, and obviously talent, is there, they can make it. If I remember correctly Kaka was another player that came from a rich background.

Bojan Djordjic

Jesus Christ. Did you miss the first part of his United career or what? One of the best English talents of all time.