Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

My point is that having Maguire, Lindelof and Matic in the centre is asking for trouble considering that football is moving away from the physical/crossing football to a more technique/pacey football. Koulibaly can handle crosses and so does Smalling.
Yes, of course its soft with those 3, but I do hope Matic is benched for Longstaff.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't believe there was a 90-95m offer that was rejected at any point. Has this been verified by anyone credible?

I also don't believe that the only way they'd sell is if someone offered 120-150m for him. Do people honestly think Napoli would turn down 90m for a centre back?

Still hoping we are in for him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
You guys realise, now we discussing him again, a Twitter rumour will start up before the end of the weekend?

Where do you think these useless hacks get their material from?

So, don't get too excited if it all starts kicking off again next week. :)
We will have something to talk about on Monday.

worldinmotion66

He is quite weak in air. Dream is KK and Maguire. Realistically Maguire and Lindelof would do.
He's not weak in the air, he's just not one of the best in the World. He is still competent, and we can always play Smalling if we need aerial power against a team such as Burnley, for example. The idea that you need someone good in the air at the expense of pace and defensive ability, in this day and age, is completely lost on me. Lindelof needs a more pacey partner than Maguire, especially if we press higher and consequently play higher up the pitch. Teams targeted Maguire in the World Cup for this very reason.

Smalling, Lindelof and Koulibaly give us everything we need, and can all play and complement one another. Jones is likely to also stay because he is English, and Tuanzebe is a good prospect - he seems to have all the necessary attributes but is too inexperienced and raw to rely on consistently. I'd move Rojo and Bailly on if possible.

Sanche7

Here we go...again?
Nah, they already rejected an 80 mill bid from us (allegedly) and now with the window closing in a few days, they will know we are desperate. It will take 100 mill plus minimum

romufc

If we are paying £90m for Maguire - It would be worth putting a £90 plus add on's to Napoli.

Alemar

Isn’t it a bit late to “schedule an appointment with the agent”? The deal itself needs to be negotiated with the club too, and paperwork prepared...

spaceboyRSA

Maybe if we sign Dybala for next to nothing (Lukaku plus small fee), the extra money that would have gone to Fernandes has been added to the defender pot... ie Maguire plus what Fernandes would have cost.

#randomconspiracytheory

Harabo

Koulibaly is a better player than Harry Maguire, indeed the only rival of VVD atm. The only question would be how he will adapt to EPL and if there will be any language barrier? The guy we need has to command our defence, hope he speaks English.

UncleBob

And who is better then? Regardless of the price and availability
Regardless of availability, that's going to be a long list.

Not sure why so many in here rate him so highly, his positioning and general awareness is dodgy but he makes up for it with his physical attributes. What we need is someone that can actually lead the rest of the numpties in the back 4, I'd rather see us overpay for a certain England defender rather than overpaying for Kalidou, which we'd instantly regret.

Not to mention that it isn't without reason that Napoli have been faking interest and bids

romufc

Not sure why so many in here rate him so highly, his positioning and general awareness is dodgy but he makes up for it with his physical attributes. What we need is someone that can actually lead the rest of the numpties in the back 4, I'd rather see us overpay for a certain England defender rather than overpaying for Kalidou, which we'd instantly regret.

Not to mention that it isn't without reason that Napoli have been faking interest and bids

The reason they are looking at another option is because a certail PL club is not willing to negotiate and keeps changing the goal post.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Not sure what my dead mother has to do with all of this.
Clearly my post was not meant to offend, for which I apologise.

I almost did the same thing with my nephew's fiancee the other day, although the deceased in this case was her kitten which has passed away, from some sort of virus, the week before. Fortunately my sister put me straight before I had the chance to put my foot in it.

UncleBob

The reason they are looking at another option is because a certail PL club is not willing to negotiate and keeps changing the goal post.
It's not Kalidou.

Napoli love talking about his value, like claiming they've turned down £91mill offers (from us as well) for him. They'd love it if someone actually made a bid even close to that, he'd be shifted so fast you wouldn't have time to google how to spell his last name.

romufc

It's not Kalidou.

Napoli love talking about his value, like claiming they've turned down £91mill offers (from us as well) for him. They'd love it if someone actually made a bid even close to that, he'd be shifted so fast you wouldn't have time to google how to spell his last name.
It is getting to a point where it is getting pathetic to be honest. I hope we get Maguire but the way it is going I am not holding my breath.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trying to sign a prized Napoli player is like trying to pull you teeth. He will cost£100m+.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Dodgy positioning? I’ve watched him and Maguire, and in those terms I’d say he’s the better player. Maybe his outstanding physique gives way to such false perceptions.

yardieUnited

Spot on regarding his positioning and general awareness, then people compare him to VVD when they are different type of Centerbacks.

Out of Koulibaly and Maguire, Maguire would be the closest to VVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.