Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

Koulibaly and Godfrey will do just fine. Add Tuanzebe into our options for next season and we are good to go.
Godfrey is actually not a bad shout, I think the club should also look at Nathan Ake for me been one of the best centre halves in the prem this season.

El Zoido

Phil Jones is called “clumsy” or a derivative of clumsy more often than any player I’ve ever seen.

Phil Jones is not black.

Ergo, it’s not “always black players that are called clumsy”, maybe it’s just, y’know, players that appear clumsy are often called this, and some of them just happen to be black.

JohnnyKills

Phil Jones is called “clumsy” or a derivative of clumsy more often than any player I’ve ever seen.

Phil Jones is not black.

Ergo, it’s not “always black players that are called clumsy”, maybe it’s just, y’know, players that appear clumsy are often called this, and some of them just happen to be black.
Agree completely.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
"Koulibaly clumsy? Is that because he's big and black? So he's obviously a brute."

Yes he is.
Nope. Thats not calling someone racist but calling out possible ignorant use of a racial stereotype

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Phil Jones is not black.

Phil Jones is clumsy, that's the difference. Koulibaly might like a sliding challenge but that isn't what i'd label clumsy. He's usually very composed.

JohnnyKills

Nope. Thats not calling someone racist but calling out possible ignorant use of a racial stereotype
If you use racial stereotypes in an ignorant way, you're a racist. Sorry mate. If you can't see that then there's no point arguing with you.

Langers7274

What are peoples thoughts on Alderweireld? Can't help but think if UTD bought a solid CB like Koulibaly as well as Alderweireld for his buyout of £25m, I know he's 30 but far better than Jones, Smalling and Rojo. Them 2 signings with Lindelof and Axel I think would be a good start, add to that a decent RB, to sorting out this mess, offload the other 3. I think that would be some terrific business

AgentP

Koulibaly and Godfrey will do just fine. Add Tuanzebe into our options for next season and we are good to go.
This is what I had in mind too. We'll have 4 solid options at CB including Lindelof. We can sell off the rest. Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Rojo are all not good enough for us.

ChaddyP

It's not at all, let's not go and bring race into this debate because in my opinion Mustafi and Lovren are the definition of clumsy and error prone, I don't even think Koulibaly is clumsy either.
And that's the point. He's not yet somehow players like him constantly get called this for some reason

ChaddyP

Phil Jones is not black.

The term used was "big and clumsy". Never heard Phil called as being big mad clumsy. An argument can easily be made for Phil Jones being very error prone and that's fine. Just because you think this one random white player is actually clumsy doesn't erase the fact that some how players that look like Kalidou are constantly being seen in a certain light like "big and clumsy" even if it's obviously farthest from the truth.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Koulibaly, Godfrey & james. That's probably around £120- £130 mil so most of our summer budget. Maybe we could get in one more player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sooner Barca sign De Ligt the better so that all these hipsters can stop displaying their throbbing for him in every single thread.
Every 5 posts it's something like "rather De Ligt". I'm sure if we had any chance of signing him he'd already be here.

Koulibaly would be a very good start to the window, but we need to move quickly to sign a RB, a RW and a DM as well. Then I'd be mostly satisfied.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What is our budget anyway? We will recoup some from selling players like Lukaku and/or Sanchez and/or Pogba.

We still need 2 midfielders and another attacker and a right back.
No one knows, everyone's just speculating. I'd imagine it's sizeable, we have tended to go on spending sprees after missing out on the CL post-SAF.

Cassidy

If you use racial stereotypes in an ignorant way, you're a racist. Sorry mate. If you can't see that then there's no point arguing with you.
No you are not racist if you use a stereotype in an ignorant way. If that was the case most people would be racist.

Its not an argument, the reason you cant have conversations or move past things is because people keep conflating calling someone racist and calling out racial stereotypes.

Anyway this isnt the thread for this topic.

kirk buttercup

What are peoples thoughts on Alderweireld? Can't help but think if UTD bought a solid CB like Koulibaly as well as Alderweireld for his buyout of £25m, I know he's 30 but far better than Jones, Smalling and Rojo. Them 2 signings with Lindelof and Axel I think would be a good start, add to that a decent RB, to sorting out this mess, offload the other 3. I think that would be some terrific business
I think that's a great idea, the problem will be imo getting rid of what we have . To me clearing the squad is every bit as challenging as buying players to bring us back to the top. too many players happy to sit on the bench and pick up a nice cheque every week

JohnnyKills

No you are not racist if you use a stereotype in an ignorant way. If that was the case most people would be racist.

Its not an argument, the reason you cant have conversations or move past things is because people keep conflating calling someone racist and calling out racial stereotypes.

Anyway this isnt the thread for this topic.
Agreed. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
What is our budget anyway? We will recoup some from selling players like Lukaku and/or Sanchez and/or Pogba.

We still need 2 midfielders and another attacker and a right back.
Well, last year we had an operating profit of 44.1 mil and spent about 80 mil, so logically it seems unlikely we will be spending much more than 124.1 mil as we would be making a loss, obviously a few variables in there, but that seems a logical top end of our budget without sales.

Yeah if we make big profits from sales then that may change. Though I would caution anyone who thinks we are gonna get any money for Sanchez, likely it is going to cost us money to get him off the books with his insane wage, age and form.

Last edited:

Wazza4Gaffa

Have a look at his training goal and Youtube and tell me if he's clumsy. I'd pay money to see Smalling attempt it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have a look at his training goal and Youtube and tell me if he's clumsy. I'd pay money to see Smalling attempt it.
He's probably more skillful than everybody in our squad bar Pogba/Rashford.

Fer

Thanks guys
Ideally we should sell two of Rojo, Bailly, Jones and get a top class CB and a young one with good potential who is very good in the air (as we only have Smalling who is really good in the air)
Can we sell Bailly now that he is injured? Jones just signed a new contract, I guess he will continue here. Rojo is the only one I can see leaving the club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Koulibaly is an excellent CB. He is powerful, he is fast and he is currently the best CB in the Serie A. In the past he was a bit clumbsy but he improved in the past 1-2 years.

Having said that he is not Rio Ferdinand. Koulibaly won't sort the defence by himself and moving to the EPL at his age is tricky. Honestly Id rather see us sign Skriniar. He's not at par to Koulibaly yet but he is younger and better to what koulibaly was at his age. If inter are truly interested about lukaku and sanchez then a swap deal with Skinny, icardi + money could be made

dev1l

From what I read in the Italian media, both the player and the club are not in a hurry to sell. They would only sell if the right offer came in.
Having said that, there are reports saying Juventus may also be interested. In that case maybe naploli would prefer selling to us.
Other unreliable reports are saying Icardi is looking for a house in naples.

Nickosaur

He would be my number one choice for CB, but as we are in such a mess and need to upgrade in several areas, i don't think United can afford to spend £100m+ on him.

Maybe there is some sense in getting Alderweireld instead at a quarter of the price - as long as we are sensible with the length of his deal. Allows us to put more funds elsewhere.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How the feck is the word clumsy a racial stereotype? There are clumsy motherfeckers everywhere, regardless of skin colour. I’m white and about as clumsy as you get.

Sterling Archer

Sooner Barca sign De Ligt the better so that all these hipsters can stop displaying their throbbing for him in every single thread.
I'd love to have De Ligt as well. But if we consider the need for some maturity in the squad, gotta imagine that's a big plus with going Koulibaily.

Cassidy

How the feck is the word clumsy a racial stereotype? There are clumsy motherfeckers everywhere, regardless of skin colour. I’m white and about as clumsy as you get.
Didnt say it was

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is the thread of a black player ever really complete unless we have this argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.