Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer

Why Koulibaly is not that good? Just because we are not signing him?

IMO the big clubs like Real Madrid would prefer Koulibaly than Maguire. But I have to agree that both centerbacks are overpriced.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

beingshe7don

Aurelio De Laurentiis says Kalidou Koulibaly's value is £250m if Harry Maguire is worth £85m

"In England, they paid £85m for a player," he told ESPN. "In Napoli, I would pay £30-£35m.

"With that in mind, I think Koulibaly's value is £250m if they paid that much for that guy."

https://www.givemesport.com/1496073...50m-if-harry-maguire-is-worth-85m?autoplay=on
I watched the original interview and De Laurentiis was just being frivolous. Koulibaly is not 3 times better than Maguire. I would have loved to have gotten Koulibaly instead but it worked out best that we got Maguire based on his age and not requiring much time to get adjusted to the league. We definitely overpaid for Maguire. I thought last year's evaluation of 60m at the age of 24 was perfect. We did pay 20m extra. Also, Koulibaly is at best worth 100m.

Patrick08

Cliche Guevara

Aurelio De Laurentiis says Kalidou Koulibaly's value is £250m if Harry Maguire is worth £85m

"In England, they paid £85m for a player," he told ESPN. "In Napoli, I would pay £30-£35m.

"With that in mind, I think Koulibaly's value is £250m if they paid that much for that guy."

https://www.givemesport.com/1496073...50m-if-harry-maguire-is-worth-85m?autoplay=on
Cool, mate, keep the cnut then. Congratulations!

You’ll continue to win feck all and he’ll be off for peanuts in a couple of years. Nobody will remember any of this.

What is it with these wankstains that think pricing a player out of a move is such a great talent? You don’t want to sell, great don’t then. You’re my hero!

Redcy

Report is that we offered 82m for koulibaly to Napoli who flat rejected it. Before we moved on to maguire. As has been discussed they were looking for 125m+

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Sounds like sour grapes from De Laurentiis.
My take on his comments, he fully expected to be able to squeeze United, for in excess of £100m, but United switched to an alternative, and he has missed out on a massive cash windfall.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a shame he seems very happy in Napoli and hasn't pushed for a move really.

Although perhaps we could get him next year... Could you imagine a Maguire/Koulibaly partnership :drool:

Revan

Assumptionman
It's a shame he seems very happy in Napoli and hasn't pushed for a move really.

Although perhaps we could get him next year... Could you imagine a Maguire/Koulibaly partnership :drool:
We are not gonna spend 100m in defense next season after spending 130m this summer. Other areas (midfield and right-wing) will take priority.

Adam-Utd

We are not gonna spend 100m in defense next season after spending 130m this summer. Other areas (midfield and right-wing) will take priority.
I know, I was just joking about.

I'd rather spend the money on Sancho personally, but we can all dream :drool: (or play football manager)

TN61

Supports
Inter
ADL (as we in Italy call him) is quite the character. He made his millions in the film industry, so he has quite the flair for the theatrics.

I do believe Koulibaly is a superior CB to Maguire, but you still did the right thing. Less risk for you with the player not changing leagues, having to learn a new language, etc. Italians (and most Europeans) are struggling to grasp the new transfer fees we're seeing in England because our revenues are so far behind yours.

To the person who commented on Higuain: he was 100% worth the 90 million Juventus paid for him. Only two players in the last 60 years have scored 30+ goals in Serie A. When you have the ability to sign one of those players from your primary title contender, it's a no brainier. ADL is a frugal owner. Juventus knew ADL would not adequately replace Higuain, and they were right. They spent 35 million on Milik and have needed a more physical striker ever since.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m not really sure why this thread got bumped on. However, Napoli is doing bad this season, could likely miss CL next season, it might be the opportunity to take some of their players.

M4YON

I’m not really sure why this thread got bumped on. However, Napoli is doing bad this season, could likely miss CL next season, it might be the opportunity to take some of their players.
Koulibaly has been in good form so far until he got injured. Sadly as Linfelof and Maguire have cemented their places I don't see the club paying 80/90million for another CB.

We need him for sure our squad lacks depth and him, Lindelof and Maguire makes for fantastic options. I just don't see us prioritising a defender after we spent so much Maguire less than a year ago.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He's playing poorly and faking an injury to get a move. white text

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Koulibaly has been in good form so far until he got injured. Sadly as Linfelof and Maguire have cemented their places I don't see the club paying 80/90million for another CB.

We need him for sure our squad lacks depth and him, Lindelof and Maguire makes for fantastic options. I just don't see us prioritising a defender after we spent so much Maguire less than a year ago.
‘When I said some of their players, I didn’t mean to be Koulibaly. I actually meant Fabian Ruiz. It’s not related to the thread but then again there is no reason to bump the thread in the first place since we aren’t linked with the player at all.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't believe we need another CB. We have the players we need, now we need to work on cutting down the personal mistakes that lead to stupid goals against.

We've kept what, 2 or 3 clean sheets all season? Normally that is of course tremendously bad. But the underlying numbers are a bit...weird, more like an anomaly that will even out than a trend that is likely to continue.

No time to put the advanced stats in here, but as a general trend, we are conceding more than expected, and scoring less than expected.

The kicker here is our amazing tendency to allow 1 goal most games. And it is in face, most games. 12 (TWELVE) matches this year we have conceded 1 goal against. Some of those goals are so avoidable they can write a novel about it. Evertons goal this Sunday to mention one.

Despite our lack of clean sheets, we're still 6th in GA. Which isn't all that awesome, but miles better than last season still. A lot of that can be attribute to AWB and the lockdown of our right flank. There's reason to be optimistic, although 17 games into the season one hopes for more clean sheets than the ones we have.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe City might move in for him but I think we have moved away from him now and it wouldn't make any sense signing him due to his age and cost presently.

I don't think signing a CB is a priority at the moment due to the midfield and attack needing major upgrades. But I do think signing a CB that is dominant aerially should be looked at because we only have Maguire who is dominant in that regard.

The club ideally should be able to strengthen the midfield/attack and still be able to sign someone like Ibrahima Konate who looks the absolute ideal partner for Maguire. If we could pull that off, then we'd be alot closer to the likes of Liverpool and City.

beingshe7don

Ibrahim Konate, Maguire, Tuanzebe and Lindelof should be our 4 CBs. Rojo, Jones, Bailly and Smalling need to be moved on and we could perhaps raise about 65m with those 4 players and also decrease the wage bill.

Ekeke

Ibrahim Konate, Maguire, Tuanzebe and Lindelof should be our 4 CBs. Rojo, Jones, Bailly and Smalling need to be moved on and we could perhaps raise about 65m with those 4 players and also decrease the wage bill.
And you can do that in Football Manager.

But clearly in real football thats unlikely to happen

RedorDead21

Maybe City might move in for him but I think we have moved away from him now and it wouldn't make any sense signing him due to his age and cost presently.

I don't think signing a CB is a priority at the moment due to the midfield and attack needing major upgrades. But I do think signing a CB that is dominant aerially should be looked at because we only have Maguire who is dominant in that regard.

The club ideally should be able to strengthen the midfield/attack and still be able to sign someone like Ibrahima Konate who looks the absolute ideal partner for Maguire. If we could pull that off, then we'd be alot closer to the likes of Liverpool and City.
We need a left back more than we need a CB. We need a DM more than an AM. We need an AM more than a striker.

Denis' cuff

We need a left back more than we need a CB. We need a DM more than an AM. We need an AM more than a striker.
Quite.

After we’ve sorted that lot out, Jones and Rojo might have come to the end of their contracts and we will have recalled Mike. Pogba and Martial will develop an interest in playing for United or be a distant memory.

Do not want. Hed be another in our pile of great on their day but mistake prone defenders.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The journalist and transfer market expert, Fabio Santini , made some statements during The Process , broadcast on 7 Gold, focusing, among other things, on the negotiations drawn up by the club led by Aurelio De Laurentiis. These are his words: "Napoli will sell Kalidou Koulibaly to Manchester United for an amount of 70, 75 million euros. It seems all done. Of course, this deal will only close in June, certainly not in January in the winter market".
https://www.areanapoli.it/calciomer...napoli-su-maupay-e-altri-due-nomi_355880.html

Adam-Utd

He'd be a huge upgrade over Lindepoof that's for sure, but I don't see it happening.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He'd be a huge upgrade over Lindepoof that's for sure, but I don't see it happening.
I wouldn't either if it wasn't for Tuanzebe being perennially injured along with all our other CBs - on top of them being shite. Can't really have 2 CBs all season and he doesn't block someone younger from coming through a bit further down the line.

Judas

Open to offers
It's bullshit, but its mad money for a defender who will be 29 at the start of next season, who's been playing in Italy all this time. It would be a stupid transfer, but I'm sure its the usual Napoli trick of them desperately trying to get someone to buy him.

jackal&hyde

I would love it to be true. We have Jones, Rojo and Smalling on the way out so it's not out of the realms of possibility but highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.