Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's bullshit, but its mad money for a defender who will be 29 at the start of next season, who's been playing in Italy all this time. It would be a stupid transfer, but I'm sure its the usual Napoli trick of them desperately trying to get someone to buy him.
There would be 0 chance of us paying 70m euros, he seems very much like a Bruno scenario. Quoted an obscene amount in the summer so we walked away and now they really need to sell to rebuild, as they are tanking badly this season.

DoomSlayer

It would be so typical of us to get Koulibaly, sell Smalling and then moan about how the former was always overrated and the latter is somehow the best CB in Italy.

Rolaholic

Woodward pulling off a big time double deal at the time he's starting to feel the heat would be so typical.

I'd be ecstatic if it happened but still believe he needs to be moved far away from recruitment duties.

Koulibaly + Maguire would be quite a formidable duo at the back

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Fernandes now Koulibay, what is this Transfers Of Seasons Past ?
We now laying their careers to waste rest by bringing them here.

Tiber

We need to continue to add quality to both our first 11 and our squad, adding Fernandes and Koulibaly this month would be a great step in the right direction.

I am confident that we will bring in Fernandes, but alas... I don't believe this one for a second.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How do people always fall into these traps? We just spent 130m on defense ignoring midfield and forward positions. Do you really think we will spend another 75m on a defender above midfield ?

Just tabloid BS.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's bullshit, but its mad money for a defender who will be 29 at the start of next season, who's been playing in Italy all this time. It would be a stupid transfer, but I'm sure its the usual Napoli trick of them desperately trying to get someone to buy him.
Agree: the wrong age and profile, given other CBs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How do people always fall into these traps? We just spent 130m on defense ignoring midfield and forward positions. Do you really think we will spend another 75m on a defender above midfield ?

Just tabloid BS.
Who fell for what?

Alabaster Codify7

No way are we spending £150m on two CB's in the space of a few months. It was Koulibaly or Maguire, no way around it. Shame, I love Kalidou, but that ship has long sailed. Seems like Napoli realising they should have sold earlier and are trying to ramp up interest now.

T_Model101

If we can somehow include Smalling in the deal too then it will represent excellent value
Same age as Virgil

032Devil

Woodward pulling off a big time double deal at the time he's starting to feel the heat would be so typical.

I'd be ecstatic if it happened but still believe he needs to be moved far away from recruitment duties.

Koulibaly + Maguire would be quite a formidable duo at the back
I was reading the other day that Victor Lindelöf stats were the highest in the Prem. for any CD. Even better than Maguire.

Withnail

I was reading the other day that Victor Lindelöf stats were the highest in the Prem. for any CD. Even better than Maguire.
Yeah which ones?

I saw something about him not being dribbled past or something.

He's definitely made a good few unforced errors leading to opposition chances but I'd say that wasn't on the list.

Walters_19_MuFc

Dream signing at centre back, but having spent a large amount on Maguire, I can't see us spending big on another centre back, especially when we need to be prioritising other positions.

Davicho

Don't even know if he would make a good pairing with Maguire, but due the state of our squad, we need to make this kind of signings IMO. Quality players that will improve our squad automatically. Get rid of Jones, Rojo and one of Bailly/Smalling and we are sorted in that area. Maguire, Koulibaly, Lindelof, Bailly/Smalling and Tuanzebe are very good options to have as CBs.

Walters_19_MuFc

Could be true seeing as he always backs off dribbles and never steps in to make a tackle.
Others would call that not diving in. Fact is, defenders should only tackle when they know they can win the ball. Like Van Dijk, Koulibaly is fantastic at that, hence why they make it look so effortless.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Others would call that not diving in. Fact is, defenders should only tackle when they know they can win the ball. Like Van Dijk, Koulibaly is fantastic at that, hence why they make it look so effortless.
Except that isn't what he does. He just lets attackers run at him and turn him easily every time. No clue how he is a United player.

beingshe7don

Koulibaly will be 29 in the summer. Yes, he would strengthen our team but I'm not quite sure if it's smart to spend 60m on someone like him. I would go for the likes of Konate or Upacameno for 40 odd million instead.

Deery

Dreary
The Mirror saying this is a done deal for £60m, where in the hell did this come out off. Fantastic buy if true!

-Supreme-

Napoli demanded too much money when his stock was still high and they have missed out a great opportunity of selling him to what those clubs were willing to pay last year, let alone their original asking price of £100m+

Serves them right and other clubs for being too greedy

Mainoldo

If true he’ll replace Bailly and for once would be perfect planning. So probably not true :lol:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Cracking article, first it says it will be done in summer not January and then that the claim should be taken with a pinch of salt, classic journalism!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The Mirror saying this is a done deal for £60m, where in the hell did this come out off. Fantastic buy if true!
They are quoting the same source no?

Dve

They are quoting the same source no?
Italian journalist Fabio Santini seems to be the one and only source for this, and according to him the transfer is supposed to happen next summer.

I don´t put much trust in this, though. Firstly, Koulibaly has not been very good this season. Secondly, there are other areas to be prioritised. Thirdly, Tuanzebe and Bailly. Sure Ole would like to see what they can do before signing another DC, as both have shown great potential when staying fit.

Unless, of course, Ole is planning for the departure of Lindeløf, pluss Bailly perhaps.

HJ12

Italian journalist Fabio Santini seems to be the one and only source for this, and according to him the transfer is supposed to happen next summer.

I don´t put much trust in this, though. Firstly, Koulibaly has not been very good this season. Secondly, there are other areas to be prioritised. Thirdly, Tuanzebe and Bailly. Sure Ole would like to see what they can do before signing another DC, as both have shown great potential when staying fit.

Unless, of course, Ole is planning for the departure of Lindeløf, pluss Bailly perhaps.
May be the reason they're trying to drum up some interest in him. Napoli probably beginning to realise their £100m ship has sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.