Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
May be the reason they're trying to drum up some interest in him. Napoli probably beginning to realise their £100m ship has sailed.
Reminds me of when Lazio wanted £100m for Milinkovic-Savic and now they can't even get £60m for him when they were offering him around this summer just gone. They could have got £70m for him the summer before but turned it down.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Same age but not even close on quality.
I think the love-in for Virgil has really become extreme. He's the best centre half out there currently, but it's not like comparing Messi to Lallana or something. Koulibaly would easily be one of the very best defenders in England.

Not sure this is in any way plausible, but I'd love to see him at United.

SAFMUTD

I think the love-in for Virgil has really become extreme. He's the best centre half out there currently, but it's not like comparing Messi to Lallana or something. Koulibaly would easily be one of the very best defenders in England.

Not sure this is in any way plausible, but I'd love to see him at United.
Koulibally can return to be one on the top 5-10 centerbacks in the world, but at the moment I think VVD is clearly a level above all the other defenders. So comparing any defender to VVD is unfair at the moment, but the main point is that Koulibally is not whorth that kind of money.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Koulibally can return to be one on the top 5-10 centerbacks in the world, but at the moment I think VVD is clearly a level above all the other defenders. So comparing any defender to VVD is unfair at the moment, but the main point is that Koulibally is not whorth that kind of money.
What kind of money, 60m?

RooneyLegend

If he comes here he'll be declared the best defender in the world by the same crew on here saying he's not worth the money.

RooneyLegend

I'd really like to hear who are these 5 defenders better than him.

SAFMUTD

I'd really like to hear who are these 5 defenders better than him.
At the current moment:
VVD
Laporte
Ramos
Lenglet
Godin
Marquinhos
Varane
Gimenez
Sule
Konate
Upamecano

you choose, even Smalling is having a way better season than him.

SAFMUTD

What kind of money, 60m?
Yes, as I said in a previous post I wouldn’t pay anything more than 40 for him.

at the moment he’s not much of an improvement on Lindelof or Maguire, we should have learn about overpaying for defender s after what we paid for Maguire .

Cliche Guevara

Napoli just like Spurs.

Greedy bastards ranting about how anyone wanting him needs to pay £130m. Now their team has turned to shit and nobody wants to pay for any of their players so they’re desperate.

fecking good. Give them all nothing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yes, as I said in a previous post I wouldn’t pay anything more than 40 for him.

at the moment he’s not much of an improvement on Lindelof or Maguire, we should have learn about overpaying for defender s after what we paid for Maguire .
I think you may be overestimating how good Lindelof is by a margin of maybe x5.

RooneyLegend

At the current moment:
VVD
Laporte
Ramos
Lenglet
Godin
Marquinhos
Varane
Gimenez
Sule
Konate
Upamecano

You've lost the plot if you think that's the case. Lenglet? Godin? Ramos? Sule? This must be some kind of a sick joke. Lenglet? Really? Wow.

Scholsey2004

Italian journalist Fabio Santini seems to be the one and only source for this, and according to him the transfer is supposed to happen next summer.

I don´t put much trust in this, though. Firstly, Koulibaly has not been very good this season. Secondly, there are other areas to be prioritised. Thirdly, Tuanzebe and Bailly. Sure Ole would like to see what they can do before signing another DC, as both have shown great potential when staying fit.

Unless, of course, Ole is planning for the departure of Lindeløf, pluss Bailly perhaps.
I'd be surprised if Ole sees a future here for cb's like rojo, Jones and Bailly who are always injured. That would put us at just three with Maguire, lindelof and tuanzebe. Whether we should be signing a 29 year old CB for 60m+ is obviously debatable though irrespective of quality.

RedCurry

I'd be surprised if Ole sees a future here for cb's like rojo, Jones and Bailly who are always injured. That would put us at just three with Maguire, lindelof and tuanzebe. Whether we should be signing a 29 year old CB for 60m+ is obviously debatable though irrespective of quality.
Not if that’s going to eat into the budget of strengthening our midfield and forward line. If we bought Sancho, Grealish, Bruno, Saul and still have appetite for more business, then sure go ahead and buy a player who will have no resale value.

croadyman

Not if that’s going to eat into the budget of strengthening our midfield and forward line. If we bought Sancho, Grealish, Bruno, Saul and still have appetite for more business, then sure go ahead and buy a player who will have no resale value.
Personally would be delighted with just the last three and look to pick up a decent priced proper RW,however this is real life not football manager.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
60 is the new 30.

We'll sign him with Alexis going to Napoli and resurrecting his career, the Maradona way.

Son

Would have started for any side in the world last few years but we missed the boat when he was around 25-26. Pass.

Injuries will plague the end of his career if he moves to the Prem and his wage packet will be high.

Same reason I worry about Wan Bissaka in his late 20’s. He can only be the spider for so long with his athletic / physical style.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Not sure there’s anything in this at all, but what a dream it would be. He is pure quality. Him and Bruno for 130 million euros would be excellent business.

Ballist1x

After he got torn apart by Arsenal I went off the idea completely. Its too late in his career to sign him.

But if it meant sleep sold Lindleoff then I'd be up for it.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
At the current moment:
VVD
Laporte
Ramos
Lenglet
Godin
Marquinhos
Varane
Gimenez
Sule
Konate

Upamecano

I watch a bit of other leagues and the bold is nonsense. Konate is sidelined with a long term injury, has barely played, and wasn't considered better than Koulibaly, so this choice is especially weird. Smalling has committed 2 major errors in his last 2 matches and though he looks better he's clearly worse overall in the same league. Sule is a bang average defender and I think most Bayern fans would happily swap him for Koulibaly.

Andy_Cole

At the current moment:
VVD
Laporte
Ramos
Lenglet
Godin
Marquinhos
Varane
Gimenez
Sule
Konate
Upamecano

Good post.

Remember how good Mangala and Otemendi were pre-City? Rated as highly as Koulibaly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Good post.

Remember how good Mangala and Otemendi were pre-City? Rated as highly as Koulibaly.
Mangala wasn't rated by anyone that saw him, he is one of the proofs that some posters hype up players that they have never seen.

romufc

You've lost the plot if you think that's the case. Lenglet? Godin? Ramos? Sule? This must be some kind of a sick joke. Lenglet? Really? Wow.
It is a clear case of too much FIFA for the lad.

Probably never watched these guys play.

Sule for Bayern who are having a shocker.
Lengley is similar to Lindelof.
Godin is past it
some of the others are a younger who have potential but let's not get carried away.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lenglet isn't similar to Lindelof, he is a fair bit better but he has made some weird mistakes lately.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Underrating our own players because we watch them every game and see all the good and bad, versus overrating players from other leagues that we hardly ever watch but they were a big name once

Status
Not open for further replies.