Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Smalling has been performing better than him overall this season and We're just gonna let him slip while spending 60m+ for Koulibaly?
Seems Smalling has become world class by virtue of not playing for United anymore :wenger:

Nick.

Are we really going to sign a fourth centre half in five seasons?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maguire + Koulibaly would be potentially the best CB pairing in the league IMO.

Only VVD/Gomez would compete with that.

crossy1686

career ending
They aren't going to get anywhere near the fantasy valuations they were looking for last summer though.
I know people have absolutely hammered us for it in regards to poor recruitment but the €100m is bad business no matter how you look at it. Waiting a season or two for a top target to become more affordable/available is a better way to do business than jump around and sign another CB who isn't as good but is available.

Yes, it doesn't help us today but people really need to understand how recruitment actually works. The reality is, signing Rojo and Bailly to fill the void that one Koulibaly could fill is bad business. I'm not saying this is what we did but just an example of how things could be if we had a been better planned with our recruitment or had a DOF.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We actually need him because Lindelof is not good enough. But I would like to see Maguire paired with Tuanzebe and Smalling before deciding we need another CB again. That said, if he's available Chelsea and Arsenal and even Barcelona should be all over this

poleglass red

central defence needs addressing, but I think if we fix mid first with 2 upgrades then I don't think it's so obvious. Bring in a DM, currently there is no protection, no defensive shield from our mid. Runners aren't tracked.a DM will offer that.It also means having a DM that when Maguire comes forward with the ball we have that cover, as right now we don't. Also have another mid comfortable taking the ball from deep. Fred does this now and for all his improvements this season this is one area he is poor at. Him receiving the ball from De Gea esp with his back to to the opposition is nightmare material. Having that mid who can receive that pass and start play, dictate the game will relieve some pressure on Lindelof. He's not bad on the ball but he's not great. I'd love a new centre half but we need help in mid and up front first

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is going to cost at least 50m and we probably dont have the budget.

Right wing,Forward and a midfielder. (2 if Pogba leaves)

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
central defence needs addressing, but I think if we fix mid first with 2 upgrades then I don't think it's so obvious. Bring in a DM, currently there is no protection, no defensive shield from our mid. Runners aren't tracked.a DM will offer that.It also means having a DM that when Maguire comes forward with the ball we have that cover, as right now we don't. Also have another mid comfortable taking the ball from deep. Fred does this now and for all his improvements this season this is one area he is poor at. Him receiving the ball from De Gea esp with his back to to the opposition is nightmare material. Having that mid who can receive that pass and start play, dictate the game will relieve some pressure on Lindelof. He's not bad on the ball but he's not great. I'd love a new centre half but we need help in mid and up front first
I agree with this. First thing is first. Bring back Smalling as it hasn't worked out with Tuanzebe and continue to improve other positions. Smalling, Maguire, Lindelof is pretty good defensive trio in a complete team. Replacing Smalling with Koulibaly for an amount of money that will most likely see us go forward without the midfield signings required is pointless, and not really an improvement on the team.

Infra-red

He is going to cost at least 50m and we probably dont have the budget.

Right wing,Forward and a midfielder. (2 if Pogba leaves)
This is right. We have other, more pressing concerns. The situation this summer is likely going to be sell to buy. Pogba will obviously go, but that's only going to be £115m or so, which doesn't leave a lot of spare cash for a striker, a winger and a midfielder, nevermind blowing £60m+ on another CB. The defence will have to stay as it is.

DanClancy

He's 29 next summer, there's not a chance United will buy him unless his price tag dramatically reduces.

Rolaholic

Would rather pair him up with Harry than see him go to City with Stones seemingly on the way out and Laporte being iniury prone.

Him and Harry would make for one of the most formidable partnerships in the league.

Just hope it wouldn't have to be for another record fee because I'd rather save the crazy money for someone like Sancho

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I personally hope we swerve signing him now. The time for us to sign him was before we signed Maguire IMO. Signing him at 29 makes no sense to me right now.

It doesn't look like we will be signing a CB in the upcoming window which is absolutely fine considering we need attacking upgrades. But I would hope Bayern sign Upamecano in the upcoming window which would potentially leave Ibrahima Konate still at RBL. Konate should be targeted by us in the following summer window IMO.

Cliche Guevara

Absolutely no way we are buying this guy now. You can really see the bullshitters who just haven’t yet caught on to what the club are now doing.

Bondi77

His play reminds me of Mangala when he was at Porto.
I wonder why Pep does not move for him and pair him wit Laporte as the rest of his defenders are garbage.
Funny as well that Bailly is starting to show the form that he did when he first came to the club.

SAFMUTD

29 years old, fee around 90 million, unproven on the premier league in a position where we are stacked.

Just stay away

Zed 101

I wonder why Pep does not move for him and pair him wit Laporte as the rest of his defenders are garbage.
Funny as well that Bailly is starting to show the form that he did when he first came to the club.
Pep's summer spending may well be seriously curtailed given the cheating has been laid bare for all to see, any big spending will be seen as flaunting it, an especially bad idea if they are still part way through the appeal process

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Think this is all pie in the sky, can't really see is going for him at the prices quoted.

jackal&hyde

With Rojo gone and Smalling and Jones about to fallow, i will welcome this maybe for around 50 mil plus add-ons. Maguire, Koulibaly, Lindelof with Tuanzebe and Bailly yet to prove themselves.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
29 years old, fee around 90 million, unproven on the premier league in a position where we are stacked.

Just stay away
We're stacked doesn't mean we're stacked with quality. We need players better than Lindelof. Agreed that no way we should be spending 90m on this guy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pep wants Skriniar for next season according to Inter sempre and City are willing to spend £80m to acquire his services.

United Pro

I don't think there's anything in the Koulibaly rumours. Napoli are probably trying to sell this summer and they're looking to maximise any fee they receive.

sp_107

With Rojo gone and Smalling and Jones about to fallow, i will welcome this maybe for around 50 mil plus add-ons. Maguire, Koulibaly, Lindelof with Tuanzebe and Bailly yet to prove themselves.

I think Upamacano, Jonatha Tah or Konate could be a better option than 29 year old Koulibaly.

Maguire, Konate with Eric and Lindelöf as backup is not a bad option.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Upamacano, Jonatha Tah or Konate could be a better option than 29 year old Koulibaly.

Maguire, Konate with Eric and Lindelöf as backup is not a bad option.
I agree. Konate is better than Upamecano from what I've seen and is tailor made for the prem.

Dve

We´ve been linked with quite a few center backs recently, latest Inter´s 34 years old bench warmer Diego Godin. Yeah, sure.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The CB spot is all for Tuanzebe to take. We're not spending enormous amounts on Koulibaly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The CB spot is all for Tuanzebe to take. We're not spending enormous amounts on Koulibaly.
He'd need to be fit enough to play first. Didn't exactly play brilliantly the last few times either.

I hope we've learnt our lesson that having local lads isn't as important as having the best players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He'd need to be fit enough to play first. Didn't exactly play brilliantly the last few times either.

I hope we've learnt our lesson that having local lads isn't as important as having the best players.
This is my view on Axel too. I don’t think we’re at the stage yet where he has warranted us making transfer decisions based on his development. I think he should stay fit and get some games first and foremost, and then play well enough for us to start looking at selling a Lindelöf or Bailly in order to promote him.

Anything more than that is just academy preference to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.