Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

:lol:

The fax jokes and Woodward bashing are weird because inaccurate. We often get big transfers early, Wan Bissaka and Fred being examples in the last two years even Lukaku was a relatively quick transfer when you consider that it was a top all time fee, sometimes it feels like some fans think that transfers are like going to the supermarket, you pick your article and checkout.
Why do we NEVER buy chocolate nougat cream, ALL the other parents ALWAYS buy chocolate nougat cream!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
There is always someone early in the window trying to make every rumour to our rivals sound like a done deal and any rumour about us sound like nothing, in order to prove the myth that they typically get better players in the market than we do.

At the end of the window, they generally disappear, before they turn up at the start of the next window with the same joke. Is that you?
No. I just wanted to make the same joke.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
feck me.

Chelsea getting Ziyech, Werner and possibly Havertz

City possibly getting Ake and Koulibaly

Liverpool apparently trying to sign Thiago

Meanwhile, over at Old Trafford, we're faxing over the documents for that JLingz sponsorship to go through :lol:
Are we?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Of course.

Wow this stupid message of mine has created a little stir. It was late, I was bored, I thought it was funny joke, it wasn't, I apologise and for my punishment, I'll buy a JLingz outfit :)
Don't do that man.

hungrywing

Of course.

Wow this stupid message of mine has created a little stir. It was late, I was bored, I thought it was funny joke, it wasn't, I apologise and for my punishment, I'll buy a JLingz outfit :)
Don't do that man.
Jesse Lingard decides to stay at Man United after ardent fan purchases 'special' outfit a-la O Henry's The Last Leaf.

Giggsy13

With Koulibaly and Laporte, city would have the strongest CB pairing in the league. One poor season (still better than ours) and they’re already being linked to closing 2 deals for a CB while our club as usual, fail to realize deals can be agreed to before the season ends.

romufc

With Koulibaly and Laporte, city would have the strongest CB pairing in the league. One poor season (still better than ours) and they’re already being linked to closing 2 deals for a CB while our club as usual, fail to realize deals can be agreed to before the season ends.
United are being linked to players too. City are in a different position to us. City know the exact position they need to strengthen whereas United cannot pin point it.

We need a RW over a CB and it looks like there is talks with Sancho and Dortmund..

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fact that City is going behind a 29 year old for 70m shows the lack of quality CBs available in the market.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Koulibaly I think is over-priced where as if the £35m reported for Ake is correct, that seems much better value.

I just hope we don't end up buying Thago Silva out of desperation.

croadyman

Koulibaly I think is over-priced where as if the £35m reported for Ake is correct, that seems much better value.

I just hope we don't end up buying Thago Silva out of desperation.
Long time to go in this market and there are some good options available (Upamecano/Konate/Romagnoli/Torres) but whether or not we go in for them is another thing.

LoneStar

Strongest on paper doesn’t translate to best CB pairing. The way they play will always expose them to counters, let’s see how it goes in matches. Obviously an upgrade, but it’s not as simple as putting 85+ rated defenders on fifa.

Giggsy13

The only knock on Kouilibaly is that he’s 29 and untested at a big club, which has undermined how good he really is. If he played anywhere else with a greater profile, no one would (or should) care about his age. If for example, we had legitimate chances at 29 year old Bonucci in 2017 or a 29 year old Ramos in 2015, no one would blink an eye. There’s an argument for getting Koulibaly as well where we’d have Mengi developing behind him without the pressure. It also would be a double blow to city and the dippers who both are rumoured to be interested. I don’t think we’ll move for him but it would clearly be an upgrade and there’s potential of a formidable partnership with Maguire.

Baneofthegame

Maybe we don’t want to kill the confidence of some of our players with two crucial PL games left to go in our season to qualify for the CL.

Imagine we announced Konate and Lindelof crumbles the Last two games and we miss out on CL.

If 4 weeks after the season ends we haven’t signed anyone, then start posting this stuff.

Giggsy13

Maybe we don’t want to kill the confidence of some of our players with two crucial PL games left to go in our season to qualify for the CL.

Imagine we announced Konate and Lindelof crumbles the Last two games and we miss out on CL.

If 4 weeks after the season ends we haven’t signed anyone, then start posting this stuff.
If the thought of competition kills the confidence or Lindelof or any other player in our squad for that matter then we’re well and truly f***ed for several more years. Being linked with players at a big club is normal. If any player in our squad is distraught at rumours of being replaced then they could leave.

Baneofthegame

If the thought of competition kills the confidence or Lindelof or any other player in our squad for that matter then we’re well and truly f***ed for several more years. Being linked with players at a big club is normal. If any player in our squad is distraught at rumours of being replaced then they could leave.
No one is denying that they could leave, but for the sake of two games why would you even contemplate it with so much at stake?

Just because fans are impatient?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a good CB and will do well for City. But there's some absolutely brilliant young up and coming CBs in Europe who we could sign. Signing a younger CB with world class potential is the way forward IMO, and it's a strategy that has worked for us.

Lindelof and Bailly weren't potentially world class as CBs before someone mentions them.

Giggsy13

No one is denying that they could leave, but for the sake of two games why would you even contemplate it with so much at stake?

I don’t deny there is probably some fragility in certain aspects of the squad that would be shook at the thought of being replaced. Today will be a good test to see how resilient they are.

Definitely supporters including myself are impatient but it’s also frustration knowing how we’ve operated in the past. Don’t want to bang on about the same point however, I hope we’re proven wrong and Sancho is confirmed as a United player within 3 weeks along with a top CB!

croadyman

I don’t deny there is probably some fragility in certain aspects of the squad that would be shook at the thought of being replaced. Today will be a good test to see how resilient they are.

Definitely supporters including myself are impatient but it’s also frustration knowing how we’ve operated in the past. Don’t want to bang on about the same point however, I hope we’re proven wrong and Sancho is confirmed as a United player within 3 weeks along with a top CB!
Sancho is going to happen but a CB will be very much dependent on whether we can sell at least three first.

Baneofthegame

Definitely agreed that I hope it doesn’t drag on and we sign Sancho/CB/CDM!

croadyman

Definitely agreed that I hope it doesn’t drag on and we sign Sancho/CB/CDM!
Confident we will get Sancho and also a CB provided we can sell at least two of them first. Think we will also get cover for Pogba/Bruno too after selling a couple of midfielders.

In regards to CDM I reckon it will be next summer as can see us scouting some options over next season and then making a decision.

romufc

I'm a Maguire fan but much as it pains me would say Laporte is the second best behind Van Dijk
Laporte has looked very shaky recently too. I just dont see the point of comparing a CB to VVD. He is the only CB in the world with all the attributes you want.

This is why there is so much said about Maguire, some fans were expecting a VVD effect, It was never going to happen.

Maguire has done well, he still needs to improve but I feel he needs a rest.

croadyman

Laporte has looked very shaky recently too. I just dont see the point of comparing a CB to VVD. He is the only CB in the world with all the attributes you want.

This is why there is so much said about Maguire, some fans were expecting a VVD effect, It was never going to happen.

Maguire has done well, he still needs to improve but I feel he needs a rest.
Yeah he is definitely in need of a rest that is for sure

Giggsy13

Sancho is going to happen but a CB will be very much dependent on whether we can sell at least three first.
There’s some noise today about interest for Lingard in Italy and Spain. Most definitely a Mino Raiola plant but I’ll take it. I’m cautiously optimistic we can generate about £50 million from player sales - Smalling, Lingard, Rojo, Jones and Sanchez.

croadyman

There’s some noise today about interest for Lingard in Italy and Spain. Most definitely a Mino Raiola plant but I’ll take it. I’m cautiously optimistic we can generate about £50 million from player sales - Smalling, Lingard, Rojo, Jones and Sanchez.
Yeah I think that is a fair estimate

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Helps when City is negotiating with 10m in annual wages plus 3m in a Bahama account under Tom Jones, and 2m in a bogus endorsement contract.

Tis joking... City are saints!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We probably should have gotten this guy in the summer we got Harry but that ship has sailed by now.

Rolaholic

Guy's been on a decline for the last few years, it's been ages since he was anywhere near being one of the best.
Sounds quite a bit like Thiago Silva before he helped them win a CL at 36...

He's still one of the best defenders in Italy and helped his national team win the AFCON a few months ago.

Don't be surprised if he kicks on if Chelsea gets him.

Status
Not open for further replies.