Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolf

€110 million rejected? I'll believe it when Di Marzio reports on it. Not sure who to go for if we can't get Koulibaly. Does Varane still want to leave? I doubt we can get De Ligt. Alderweireld demanding crazy wages. Who's left?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
If it's true that they have rejected that amount (which I doubt BTW), I think we should move on.

It's not like we cannot sign 2 quality additions at centre back for the same amount of money.

Don't ask me who though, I'm not a scout. I just know it'd be possible that's all.

saivet

At that kind of price it seems ridiculous to go in for him. We've not been linked but surely Alderwiereld at £25m is a no brainer.

Infra-red

He is a good player and would undoubtedly shore up our back line, but the prices quoted are insane. You could buy almost 2 VVD's for what De Laurentis wants for him. Our scouts surely have to have other targets lined up.
:lol:

Lining targets up isn't exactly how we work.

A desperate last minute scramble and £70m for Michael Keane, is more the type of thing we generally go in for.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So De Ligt is apparently joining Barca for £65m and we are having £100m bid turned down for a 27 year old? I'm calling BS.

I don't doubt our interest in the player one bit but I imagine we are offering less than is being reported. They wouldn't turn down £100m for a CB. Nobody would.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance is that true IMO, I'd be very surprised if they don't accept anything near 80m.

Let's wait and see what Di Marzio says.

Dolf

Skriniar just signed a new deal, so you can cross him off the list too.
Crazy. So that leaves Manolas and Umtiti? Or we should take a little more risk and go for an already decent talent like Romagnoli or Upamecano.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No chance is that true IMO, I'd be very surprised if they don't accept anything near 80m.

Let's wait and see what Di Marzio says.
My thoughts exactly. If they get £80m they'd take it.

No club is going to give them 100m for a CB. Especially one who is nearly 28.

Dolf

My thoughts exactly. If they get £80m they'd take it.

No club is going to give them 100m for a CB. Especially one who is nearly 28.
Why? Last summer he said he turned down €90 million. He doesn't need to sell and if he does it will only make his team worse. It's in his best interest to keep Koulibaly.

jem

28 next month, for a footballer that's ancient. A players prime years are between 19-20, everything after that is gradual decline
I know you're probably joking but it is amusing how some seem to feel that way. By that logic, Pogba only has a year left before he's a risky investment due to his age.

izec

Napoli sell their best assets with release clauses (Cavani, Higuain). If Koulibaly hasnt got one, or for 150m this or next summer, he wont sell for less IMO. Add to that he seems happy at Napoli and wont kick up a fuss, that will be an almost impossible transfer. They arent desperate to sell, CL every year plus sensible transfer market approach with decent scouting/transfers.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is the go-to response when you haven't really watched a player and get called out for it, anyone who's watched more than a handful of Napoli games can tell you how good Koulibaly is on the ball.
I never say he’s bad when he’s on the ball. Composed, not panic, in fact I remember saw him did nutmeg on player. I watched what I saw there. I’m talking about him being a ball playing, in other word it’s his distribution what I’m talking about.

I never say he’s bad when he’s on the ball. Composed, not panic, I watched what I saw there. I’m talking about him being a ball playing, in other word it’s his distribution what I’m talking about.
Just stop talking man, if you’ve watched him at all you’d understand that he’s a fantastic distributor. Some of his passing between the lines is absolutely tremendous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Much like our reportd bids for Savic, I doubt it. If it is indeed true, forget it. €110m is a ridiculous bid for a CB.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The source is full of crap, if you check their timeline you'll see that

Kearnkoff69

:lol:

Lining targets up isn't exactly how we work.

A desperate last minute scramble and £70m for Michael Keane, is more the type of thing we generally go in for.
I know I am just setting myself up for disappointment hoping for competence, but a man can dream...

48 hours

€110 million rejected? I'll believe it when Di Marzio reports on it. Not sure who to go for if we can't get Koulibaly. Does Varane still want to leave? I doubt we can get De Ligt. Alderweireld demanding crazy wages. Who's left?
Ake?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just stop talking man, if you’ve watched him at all you’d understand that he’s a fantastic distributor. Some of his passing between the lines is absolutely tremendous.
I think we need some evidence rather than telling others to stop talking. Maguire & Van Dijk are above him in term long balls.

But if he is really ball playing as what people have said then lovely I’m happy, the games that I watched were when he had days off and play easy passes.

I just don’t want to see another Lindelof when people start calling him a ball playing, the iceman. Yet, I haven’t seen him doing those passes that I expect from ball playing, in fact he played more sideways & backpasses than Smalling.

I think we need some evidence rather than telling others to stop talking. Maguire & Van Dijk are above him in term long balls.

But if he is really ball playing as what people have said then lovely I’m happy, the games that I watched were when he had days off and play easy passes.

I just don’t want to see another Lindelof when people start calling him a ball playing, the iceman. Yet, I haven’t seen him doing those passes that I expect from ball playing, in fact he played more sideways & backpasses than Smalling.
Agree on Lindelöf but you couldn’t be more wrong on Koulibaly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why? Last summer he said he turned down €90 million. He doesn't need to sell and if he does it will only make his team worse. It's in his best interest to keep Koulibaly.
That's fine then. He can stay then. If we spend £100m on a CB and De Ligt goes to Barca for 60-70m Euros as is being reported then it should be another nail in Woodward's coffin.

Dolf

That's fine then. He can stay then. If we spend £100m on a CB and De Ligt goes to Barca for 60-70m Euros as is being reported then it should be another nail in Woodward's coffin.
You can't compare those two at all. In an open market situation De Ligt would probably go for 80 - 100 million too but Ajax lowers the price so De Ligt can choose where he wants to go.

Dong Fangzhuo

He certainly wouldn't be my first choice but I would be happy with Ake. He always looks pretty good when I watch Bmouth and he can cover LB in a pinch too. Would give us a more natural LCB/RCB pairing with Lindelöf too as I think Lindelöf looks more comfortable and better at bringing the ball out playing as RCB.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You can't compare those two at all. In an open market situation De Ligt would probably go for 80 - 100 million too but Ajax lowers the price so De Ligt can choose where he wants to go.
Don't think we should be spending 100m on him regardless if that's why De Ligt might go cheaper.

What do our scouts get paid for? they should be out there finding the next De Ligt and Koulibally. We could all recommend the club sign those two. Why the need for scouts?

KristianMackle

I dont think we'll get him. That Napoli owner is one of the most difficult people to work with. Maybe we can look at Jonathan Tah? Or is he already going to Bayern?

Dolf

Don't think we should be spending 100m on him regardless if that's why De Ligt might go cheaper.

What do our scouts get paid for? they should be out there finding the next De Ligt and Koulibally. We could all recommend the club sign those two. Why the need for scouts?
The next De Ligt? :lol:
He's 19 years old. If you want these kind of talents you need to get them from your own youth academy. And even then you can't create the next De Ligt yourself because you can't offer what Ajax can. So you always end up buying. If you don't think you should be spending big on a player like De Ligt then you can't demand the same quality either because it doesn't get any better than him.

BlueHaze

No way would ADL turn down anything near 110m euros.
I can see it tbh. He is italy's version of Levy. He was incredibly stubborn on a crazy fee when they let go of Cavani as well. He negotiated with PSG for months and eventually let Cavani go for around £60m and we are talking 2013 here where fees where not even close to todays market.

davidmichael

For that money we could sign Alderweireld and Maguire which would allow us to get rid of Bailly and Rojo and give Tuanzebe time to develop as Alderweireld would last a couple of seasons.

We need a right back, a defensive midfielder, a box to box or playmaking midfielder and a right sided forward as well as centre backs so spending £100 million on one weakens us everywhere else unless we’re planning on spending £350-£400 million this summer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The next De Ligt? :lol:
He's 19 years old. If you want these kind of talents you need to get them from your own youth academy. And even then you can't create the next De Ligt yourself because you can't offer what Ajax can. So you always end up buying. If you don't think you should be spending big on a player like De Ligt then you can't demand the same quality either because it doesn't get any better than him.
Yeah the next De Ligt. He's been playing in the first team for nearly 3 years now. Played against us in the Europa final. And I would sign De Ligt but he's not coming to come here anyway. He's 19 like you say. I meant I wouldn't sign Koulibally for 100m not De Ligt. I don't even consider that one as he's not going to come like I said.

We should be looking for unearthed gems and giving our own a chance before spending 100m on Koulibally. It's crazy money.

We should be looking for unearthed gems and giving our own a chance before spending 100m on Koulibally. It's crazy money.
Bailly, Lindelöf, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Rojo.

How many chances on ”unearthed gems” do you want to take before we stop wasting everyone’s time and money and actually replace Ferdinand 7 years later with... a fexking dead cert Ferdinand type signing.
I’m bored to death of us trying to fix this awful defence on the cheap, we’ve been trying it for 7 fecking years now.

Last edited:

Dolf

Yeah the next De Ligt. He's been playing in the first team for nearly 3 years now. Played against us in the Europa final. And I would sign De Ligt but he's not coming to come here anyway. He's 19 like you say. I meant I wouldn't sign Koulibally for 100m not De Ligt. I don't even consider that one as he's not going to come like I said.

Yeah that all sounds very nice. So what do you actually suggest because everything you have been saying makes no sense. Do you want to give our own youth a chance by not buying a CB and playing Tuanzebe all season? Do you want to find this "unearthed gem" you've been talking about and then play him all season and not buy a CB? There was never a moment history where we could have bought De Ligt.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah that all sounds very nice. So what do you actually suggest because everything you have been saying makes no sense. Do you want to give our own youth a chance by not buying a CB and playing Tuanzebe all season? Do you want to find this "unearthed gem" you've been talking about and then play him all season and not buy a CB? There was never a moment history where we could have bought De Ligt.
I didn't phrase it very well.

For 100m I'd definitely buy De Ligt as he's just 19 and has star quality. He's also got 15-16 years of top level football ahead of him. So that's a no brainer. However I don't entertain it as an idea as he'd not come to us anyway. He clearly wants to go to Barca. Can you blame him? I can't.

Koulibally for £100m is crazy money. He's no doubt better than what we have but how long will it take him to settle in the PL. And he's not exactly young is he? There will be no sell on value at all with that deal.

I don't even think Woodward is daft enough to sanction that move? Which other club in Europe would take him for 100m? There isn't one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No way would ADL turn down anything near 110m euros.
This.
I can see it tbh. He is italy's version of Levy. He was incredibly stubborn on a crazy fee when they let go of Cavani as well. He negotiated with PSG for months and eventually let Cavani go for around £60m and we are talking 2013 here where fees where not even close to todays market.
No way, the record fee they’ve ever received was 90m euros for higuain who was top goal scorer and Cavani was 26 when he left. If there was a chance he could get 110m euros for a 28 year old, he’d snap your hand off.

BlueHaze

This.

No way, the record fee they’ve ever received was 90m euros for higuain who was top goal scorer and Cavani was 26 when he left. If there was a chance he could get 110m euros for a 28 year old, he’d snap your hand off.
That's over £90m. I can't even see us offering that to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.