Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought he’d never move. He’s been linked with a move away from Napoli for about 15 years.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

@TheReligion looks like a 4 year deal - initial reports were 3 years with one option so seems in line with that? Still remains to be clarified but it doesn't look like a full 5 year commitment is on the cards.

TheReligion

Abusive

@TheReligion looks like a 4 year deal - initial reports were 3 years with one option so seems in line with that? Still remains to be clarified but it doesn't look like a full 5 year commitment is on the cards.
Wonder if it’s 4+1? Shall find out I guess.

I think he’ll do a good enough job for you but it doesn’t really wow me if that makes sense?

A few people have mentioned he’s awful in the air but I’m glad to see you aren’t in meltdown like some of the Caf are over the height of Martinez and his Ariel ability.

I’m sure Tuchel has done his due diligence and knows how he will slot in.

Zlatattack

Just goes to show money talks. I'd read that he loves Napoli, and they were offering him a new deal with a commitment to him being on the board when he retires, basically a job for life.
Cost of gas and electric is through the roof.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Colwill probably out on loan again. Would leave us with Chalobah, Silva, Koulibaly, ake [his signing is a case of when, not if IMO] James in emergency, Sarr!

It'd be totally pointless to keep Colwill around if we are going to give him a few mins here and there against league 2 sides in the Carabao for example. Might aswell let him go get 90mins a week in the champ, or similar.
The talk is that Kimpembe and Ake will also be signed that will see Alonso, Dave , Sarr and Colwill all leave the latter maybe on loan but more likely to be let go permanently.

With Sterling now signed if there are 3CD incoming that suggests that maybe a couple of midfielders will be gone and possibly one coming in and maybe one or two wide players with again a couple out the door.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The chatter is that Kimpembe and Ake will also be signed that will see Alonso, Dave , Sarr and Colwill all leave the latter maybe on loan but more likely to be let go permanently
id certainly loan Colwill. Not a sale. But if someone comes along and sticks 15-20m down after a single season of championship football, the club will take it

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
The chatter is that Kimpembe and Ake will also be signed that will see Alonso, Dave , Sarr and Colwill all leave the latter maybe on loan but more likely to be let go permanently
Don't worry if needed we always buy him back like ake. :)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Imagine if Azpilacueta didn't leave, Chelsea would have the oldest back line by a considerable distance I'd wager!! :lol:

redcucumber

Kimpembe, Ake, and Koulibaly?! That's a hell of a lot of money pumped into central defence in one window! I guess with this being Silva's last season there's merit to just doing it all at once. Really interested in seeing Koulibaly in the PL. He's one of those players that's had a lot of attention over the years but one that I've barely ever seen actually play.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine if Azpilacueta didn't leave, Chelsea would have the oldest back line by a considerable distance I'd wager!! :lol:
I doubt that Dave will be close to a regular stater in the league or CL next season the emergence of Reece James and Dujon Sterling will cover probably be wide right shoe ins both are 22. Chalobah is 23, Chillwell 25 if he stays Emerson is 27.

Zoo

Kimpembe, Ake, and Koulibaly?! That's a hell of a lot of money pumped into central defence in one window! I guess with this being Silva's last season there's merit to just doing it all at once. Really interested in seeing Koulibaly in the PL. He's one of those players that's had a lot of attention over the years but one that I've barely ever seen actually play.
Tuchel’s not winning the league over City and Liverpool playing a back 5.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
id certainly loan Colwill. Not a sale. But if someone comes along and sticks 15-20m down after a single season of championship football, the club will take it
Which would be the stupidest of the highest order, if Chelsea did that. He would fetch, what £20m tops currently. Selling him for that to buy Ake at £45 is honestly bordering on insanity.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It’s a back 3. The wingbacks play the majority of the time in the opposing half and contribute goal and assist tallies that outright wingers would be okay with.

But anyways, I’m not even convinced we will be playing with a back 3.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Which would be the stupidest of the highest order, if Chelsea did that. He would fetch, what £20m tops currently. Selling him for that to buy Ake at £45 is honestly bordering on insanity.
It may be the player himself who wants to go though...

Another loan was always going to happen, that was my take on this window for Colwill. Still not totally convinced he will get sold regardless...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It may be the player himself who wants to go though...

Another loan was always going to happen, that was my take on this window for Colwill. Still not totally convinced he will get sold regardless...
If the club are in the process of buying 3 CBs then yeah I’d be considering my future at the club too.

Ollie Derbyshire

That moved fast, glad we aren’t in for him though, I haven’t seen much of him but when I have I haven’t been impressed.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
It’s almost like a team has never one the league playing 3-4-3. While a league title is certainly a tall order right now, it’s not impossible. We competed with them last season, just lost consistency in the 2nd half of the season. Any team challenging simply cannot drop many silly points.

Status
Not open for further replies.