Kalvin Phillips (PL20/21 Season)

meamth

The guy is mint. I saw him vs Liverpool last night, was very relaxed and composed.

He is 24, but he looked like the modern CDM+Box to box type. Very press resistant and his passes is just reminiscent of Carrick!

We should be signing this guy, whatever it takes.

EDIT:
What the video missing is most of his long passes last night, simply effortless.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I actually thought he was average last night, offered very little protection in defensive positions and lacked a cutting edge going forward.
Have seen him have better games.
He will be found out in the premiership with the way Leeds try and play.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He was awful for England and everyone was writing him off then one decent game and the opposite applies. Think we need a larger sample on this one.

Untd55

Why does he have his hair styled like a bobble hat?

He looked pretty decent from the MOTD highlights. Good passing; positioning sometimes a bit dodgy.

Myrecks

I thought he looked brilliant in the first half. Honestly I feel like he plays that position better than most, especially as playmaker. I was impressed, that being said it’s the first time I see him. Will follow Leeds this season. Was fun to watch.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Awful yesterday but looked good in the Championship.
And awful in the international.

not going to write him off, there's a player in there for sure and I'll think he'll look ok against relegation fodder. If we want some perspective then, I watched the West Ham game and Phillips looked head and shoulders above Rice who's being touted for 50m+.

Good player but forget him as a Utd player

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thought he was poor . Some passes were good but Liverpool actually bypassed him convincingly. He is 24 and not exactly young anymore.

A player to be watched for sure but I just don’t see it

starman

I like him, but he was just ok yesterday, no chance United ever sign him, not from Leeds anyway while in the PL

I was more impressed with Jack Harrison, former United youth player and fan, City would get quite a bit for him, without ever playing for them if they ever sell him. He had TAA on toast

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
I like him, but he was just ok yesterday, no chance United ever sign him, not from Leeds anyway while in the PL

I was more impressed with Jack Harrison, former United youth player and fan, City would get quite a bit for him, without ever playing for them if they ever sell him. He had TAA on toast
He's on a deal to sign with Leeds for £10 million.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
On the ball he looks great but it's a real stretch to call him a DM, doesn't seem to be much cop at defending. I suppose he could be considered a bit like a budget Neves at the moment maybe.

Can’t remember any players Utd have bought from Leeds?

It’s only Liverpool we don’t buy and sell players too.

Different situation for the last two, I remember them being in financial trouble and then relegated...
The third from last worked out ok.

We can buy players from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc, and can do the same with Leeds. If it’s the right player, for the right money.

CM

He looked good on the transition in the first half, and the ball he played for the Harrison goal was impressive. It might not have been the most complete performance but he didn't play badly.

starman

The third from last worked out ok.

We can buy players from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc, and can do the same with Leeds. If it’s the right player, for the right money.
Cantona was there for one year, never had any real connection and was seen as disruptive, although brilliant. It was also the start of the PL and money rushing in so Leeds jumped at the opportunity at the time, as no one probably knew how inflated fees would become.
Philips was born and bred in Leeds and is all he knows, not the same. Alan Smith is the only real comparison and that happened due to relegation

Cantona was there for one year, never had any real connection and was seen as disruptive, although brilliant. It was also the start of the PL and money rushing in so Leeds jumped at the opportunity at the time, as no one probably knew how inflated fees would become.
Philips was born and bred in Leeds and is all he knows not the same.
Getting ridiculous.

The only club we don’t buy and sell players to is Liverpool.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He was awful for England and everyone was writing him off then one decent game and the opposite applies. Think we need a larger sample on this one.
He wasn’t awful for England he was very comfortable. Where you’ve got that from I don’t know.

Yup I know, it is getting ridiculous, you seem to have it in your head that United are the only one with the say....
Your getting in a tis about a player we have no interest in.

Teams don’t sell players all the time. All I’m saying is that Leeds aren’t not going to sell a player, just because it’s United.

eire-red

Thought his long passing was decent, but lost the ball a number of times when under pressure. Caught out defensively too a number of times.

Probably will take a while to get up to the pace of the PL, but don't see any more than a mid table average player. His short passing is too tentative, similar to Rice. First thought is to play backwards/sideways.

starman

Your getting in a tis about a player we have no interest in.

Teams don’t sell players all the time. All I’m saying is that Leeds aren’t not going to sell a player, just because it’s United.
Do suffered from delusions? Try reading the OP, you're the one that's been replying to me while not even understanding the context of my posts...

Load up Fifa/FM, sign him for United and pat yourself on the back and be done with it..

Do suffered from delusions? Try reading the OP, you're the one that's been replying to me..

Load up Fifa/FM, sign him for United and pat yourself on the back and be done with it..
I don’t play football games.

I replied to you to state there is no issue in signing him from Leeds. You should thank me for correcting your mistake.

Stadjer

Didnt we have the same type of topic about McGinn last year? Newly promoted midfield player has a good first game and becomes a must sign?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He wasn’t awful for England he was very comfortable. Where you’ve got that from I don’t know.
I watched the game and thought he was awful, gave the ball away, didn't get involved, and couldn't bring any creativity to the team. Came on here after and that was most certainly the consensus, with one poster (I can't remember who) saying "if he's Leeds best player they are going down" and many agreed. Glad he played well yesterday but let's not get revisionist on past performances. For what its worth I reckon he does have the talent and it will be interesting to follow him in the Premier League, but calls for Utd to sign him now are way off the mark.

Davicho

Didn't play well against Liverpool. Don't know what game were you watching.

mu4c_20le

Well, you're not wrong, he certainly didn't seem nervous, but he also didn't play well. Just wandered around aimlessly and had zero impact on the game. Looked better for Leeds but maybe needs a certain system to thrive in. I can see him going to Leicester after they sell Ndidi for a decent fee.

Classical Mechanic

His basic stats for Leeds are pretty impressive this season so far

Per game

4.3 tackles
2 interceptions
2.3 key passes
2 accurate crosses
3.5 accurate long balls
82% pass completion

He gets through a lot of defensive work, creates at the other end and is a good passer of the ball.

Thought he has looked nervous for England but grown into both games.Think he'll be a fixture in the squad given the paucity of options. If he can find his confidence at this level I think he'll be a very good player.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
His basic stats for Leeds are pretty impressive this season so far

Per game

4.3 tackles
2 interceptions
2.3 key passes
2 accurate crosses
3.5 accurate long balls
82% pass completion

He gets through a lot of defensive work, creates at the other end and is a good passer of the ball.

Thought he has looked nervous for England but grown into both games.Think he'll be a fixture in the squad given the paucity of options. If he can find his confidence at this level I think he'll be a very good player.
I really like him as player and it will be interesting who (Phillips/Rice/Winks) wins the race for the place in the defensive midfield for the tournament squad.

And he should be on our transfer list for the next transfer windows.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
I really like him as player and it will be interesting who (Phillips/Rice/Winks) wins the race for the place in the defensive midfield for the tournament squad.

And he should be on our transfer list for the next transfer windows.
It is likely he will turn to be a bad player if you guys ever bought him. He is performing well in part because he is playing under Bielsa. I am not sure he would do as well once you take him out of Bielsa's system.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It is likely he will turn to be a bad player if you guys ever bought him. He is performing well in part because he is playing under Bielsa. I am not sure he would do as well once you take him out of Bielsa's system.
To be fair that can be said about Partey aswell. ;)