Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Aside from a nice crossfield ping and playing under the saviour of world football Loco Bielsa – I don’t remember what this guy even did, anyway.
I thought he showed great anticipating and timing at Leeds, he was aggressive but seemed to judge things well. And he wasn’t a pretty passer but he seemed to make good choices and play quickly. For England in that more advanced role he looked very limited and for City he‘s clearly overawed but he looks sluggish and clunky. Seems likely he just benefited from a chaotic system and riding waves of confidence at Leeds. I would’ve taken a punt on him at Leeds, but I wouldn’t go near him now. He might do a Scott Parker and rebound in a few years.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he showed great anticipating and timing at Leeds, he was aggressive but seemed to judge things well. And he wasn’t a pretty passer but he seemed to make good choices and play quickly. For England in that more advanced role he looked very limited and for City he‘s clearly overawed but he looks sluggish and clunky. Seems likely he just benefited from a chaotic system and riding waves of confidence at Leeds. I would’ve taken a punt on him at Leeds, but I wouldn’t go near him now. He might do a Scott Parker and rebound in a few years.
This will be an unpopular opinion, but, outside of Scholes, Parker was probably the most press resistant midfielder England had from the mid 2000s to early 10s. People used to meme on his Xavi-esque pirouettes, but they were brilliant at getting him out of pressure. I remember a game where I think he captained us against Spain in a friendly. He was singlehandedly keeping the ball for us against Spain's press, and this was that incredible Spain team.

An example of an early football meme in regards to his infamous pirouette :lol: ::

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If he leaves City and starts actually playing football for another team, Southgate will stop picking him for England, because that's the backwards way Southgate's brain seems to work.

T_Model101

How much is he worth now?
City desperately need Southgate to do them a favour and keep playing him, because otherwise he'll value will just diminish to zero and they'll probably end up sending him out on Torres at Chelsea loan spells until his contract runs out

davidmichael

Amrabat is better and already here plus there’s Mainoo, Gore and even McTominay so it’s an alternative/long term replacement for Casemiro that we need and not someone like Philips who I wouldn’t want even if we didn’t have the aforementioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.