Kamaldeen Sulemana / signs for Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I haven't seen him play ever, but from the youtube highlights which is meant to show his best moments, I saw a player that's terribly poor in decision making :nervous:
We absolutely don't need one of those. Amad is our work in progress talent. Pellistri feck knows if he'll ever be good enough. Greenwood is a 9/RW hybrid who needs to develop further.

Our requirement on RW is a player much more complete now. Even our squad option there i.e James is frustrating so don't need to add to our headaches. If we sign a RW it has to be someone who can playmake a bit and has that extra intelligence.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This would be horrible, I would like him to join Ajax but United have already overspent on Diallo/Pellistri. Why would you buy another talented RW who wouldnt improve the first team.

Very soon, the person who sanctioned buying Diallo/Pellistri and even van de Beek during a pandemic should be held accountable (Probably Woodward). Funds and transfers that didnt strengthen the 1st team during a pandemic. It's completely laughable.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This would be horrible, I would like him to join Ajax but United have already overspent on Diallo/Pellistri. Why would you buy another talented RW who wouldnt improve the first team.

Very soon, the person who sanctioned buying Diallo/Pellistri and even van de Beek during a pandemic should be held accountable (Probably Woodward). Funds and transfers that didnt strengthen the 1st team during a pandemic. It's completely laughable.
He's a left sided player who could also play on the right. Diallo is naturally a right sided player along with Mason who needs at least another 12 months as a right sided forward to hone his skills.

Giggs' right foot

I haven't seen him play ever, but from the youtube highlights which is meant to show his best moments, I saw a player that's terribly poor in decision making :nervous:
He turned 19 some months ago... a young Ronaldo was so egoistic and poor in his decision making as a teen, that it drove Ruud insane. It’s natural in that age. If anything, I prefer poor decision making to being anonymous and thereby faultless.

SATA

He's surely currently at a higher level than Amad? He's playing first team football in a competitive league against men and dribbling past them with pace and power while Amad is still struggling to keep up at this level and so far has only been good at reserves level

TsuWave

Sign him up and loan him to Dortmund when we bag Sancho

Sell James

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It would appear that we are selling a few if signings like this are emerging.

I feel Jesse, James are probably off. Mata no doubt.
Pogba; still in doubt.
So we have to integrate players. Sancho if the noises are true, Amad definitely, Pellistri I think is going to be loaned again, Garner maybe another loan.

And then there is the defence...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He turned 19 some months ago... a young Ronaldo was so egoistic and poor in his decision making as a teen, that it drove Ruud insane. It’s natural in that age. If anything, I prefer poor decision making to being anonymous and thereby faultless.
19 is actually pretty far in development for someone to still be in a completely irrelevant league.

Not to mention for every Ronaldo there's thousands of average "promising" talent that never fly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
19 is actually pretty far in development for someone to still be in a completely irrelevant league.

Not to mention for every Ronaldo there's thousands of average "promising" talent that never fly.
19 is actually very young for someone coming directly from Africa. And the reason the Danish club got him was due to them having a link with the youngsters academy (right to dream).

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's a left sided player who could also play on the right. Diallo is naturally a right sided player along with Mason who needs at least another 12 months as a right sided forward to hone his skills.
Sure, a left winger. If James leaves, we would have Rashford, Elanga, Greenwood/Martial, Pellistri, Diallo, Shoretire (or as a 10), Sulemana for the wings. Just think that's too much without serious quality to compete.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sure, a left winger. If James leaves, we would have Rashford, Elanga, Greenwood/Martial, Pellistri, Diallo, Shoretire (or as a 10), Sulemana for the wings. Just think that's too much without serious quality to compete.
Elanga and Pellistri will be loaned I'd imagine. So it all depends on what happens with Sancho, because our right hand side looks fine to me with Mason and Diallo. We need someone on the left IMO to provide competition for Rashford and if we can't get Sancho then someone like Sulemana would potentially a able under study to Rashford which might mean we can spend more money on the midfield and defence. Because without us improving the build up phase from deeper , we aren't gonna win the league IMO.

Also it's important we give Diallo game time to develop into the player he can potentially become. He isn't gonna develop if he's playing every 6 weeks. And the same applies for Mason who also needs to play games if we want him to develop and fulfil his potential. But like I said above, we aren't gonna win the league until we sort the defence and particularly the midfield which is not good enough IMO.

Last edited:

GledTheRed

I can see those three out on loan tbh.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

There’s only one Ronaldo err...apart from the other one.

Anyway they’d all be seen as average if that’s your gauge to measure promising talent

Giggs' right foot

I give up on understanding some people's need of downright reducing other nation's leagues to uselessness and dirt.

Everything outside the biggest five or ten leagues isn't irrelevant... the hell are you on about? We signed Schmeichel from the danish league, Solskjær from Norway, Chicharito from Mexico, Vidic from Russia. Also: a world-class player like Nedved played in the Czech Republic till he was 23-24. Modric was still in Croatia as a 22-year-old. As a 22-year-old Yaya Toure was playing ball with lads from the Greek Super League. Lewandowski was still playing in Poland as a 21-year-old - almost turned 22. I'd say every single one of them turned world-class, despite all playing in leagues you'd class as irrelevant. Playing in the Danish Superliga as a newly turned 19-year-old surely beats playing for a big club's reserves, no?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I give up on understanding some people's need of downright reducing other nation's leagues to uselessness and dirt.

Everything outside the biggest five or ten leagues isn't irrelevant... the hell are you on about? We signed Schmeichel from the danish league, Solskjær from Norway, Chicharito from Mexico, Vidic from Russia. Also: a world-class player like Nedved played in the Czech Republic till he was 23-24. Modric was still in Croatia as a 22-year-old. As a 22-year-old Yaya Toure was playing ball with lads from the Greek Super League. Lewandowski was still playing in Poland as a 21-year-old - almost turned 22. I'd say every single one of them turned world-class, despite all playing in leagues you'd class as irrelevant. Playing in the Danish Superliga as a newly turned 19-year-old surely beats playing for a big club's reserves, no?
What are you on about? I haven't written him off, just highlighting that there are many, many promising flops for each of your named stars. His youtube highlights show some major flaws in his game, and he might be a Mane esque player in the future but there is a lot more examples of failed talent than there is of the great ones.

Giggs' right foot

What are you on about? I haven't written him off, just highlighting that there are many, many promising flops for each of your named stars. His youtube highlights show some major flaws in his game, and he might be a Mane esque player in the future but there is a lot more examples of failed talent than there is of the great ones.
You were criticising his decision making - I didn’t dispute it, I merely pointed out, that that is a trait most young attacking players suffer from - like Ronaldo, but I could’ve also said Nani. I wasn’t comparing his abilities to Ronaldo’s, but rather the - to me - very regular flaw. Poor decision making as a young player is something you can solve - I’d be much more worried with in-game anonymity, poor attitude, zero dribbling skills or the like - those are flaws that are harder to improve on imo.

Anyway the future will tell what will happen to Kamaldeen. I really rate him, and I don’t hope Essien - who’s at FC Nordsjælland as a trainer - talks him into joining Chelsea.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You were criticising his decision making - I didn’t dispute it, I merely pointed out, that that is a trait most young attacking players suffer from - like Ronaldo, but I could’ve also said Nani. I wasn’t comparing his abilities to Ronaldo’s, but rather the - to me - very regular flaw. Poor decision making as a young player is something you can solve - I’d be much more worried with in-game anonymity, poor attitude, zero dribbling skills or the like - those are flaws that are harder to improve on imo.

Anyway the future will tell what will happen to Kamaldeen. I really rate him, and I don’t hope Essien - who’s at FC Nordsjælland as a trainer - talks him into joining Chelsea.
Yes, and I pointed out the flaw in looking at extreme examples. All the players you named are part of a sample of talent where it's actually far more likely to see potential unfulfilled than the other way round.

It grinds on me when people want to name drop extreme examples of success stories without regard to the large pool of flopped talent from the same leagues. It's not a slight on the league, because the league is what it is. It's simply the case there's feck all to go by at this stage. His poor decision making doesn't bode well as far as I'm concerned, and whether he can improve on it is certainly a big question mark.

beingshe7don

Sources: Man United jet out for talks today over signing striker sensation Sulemana

Man United are holding talks today in Denmark about signing FC Nordsjaelland sensation Kamaldeen Sulemana, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The forward, 19, is wanted by the Premier League giants and multiple top European clubs ahead of the summer window.

A United source has told Football Insider a club delegation has jetted out to Denmark to negotiate a deal with Nordsjaelland chiefs for Sulemana.

The 20-times champions know they need to act fast to beat Ajax to the signature of Sulemana. United are expected to table an offer for the versatile attacker, who can spearhead the attack or play out wide. They have been keeping close tabs on the Ghana international all season following his emergence in the Danish league. It is likely that a package worth £15million will be enough to secure his signature. Ajax are United’s closest competitors for Sulemana and their director of football Marc Overmars was in the front row last week to watch him in action.

Under the new post-Brexit transfer rules, Sulemana does not have enough points to gain a work permit.

That could change this summer if the Danish league climbs one place in the Uefa co-efficients, which would then see him meet the new UK points regulations, or Sulemana makes one more competitive appearance for Ghana.

The teenager, who joined Nordsjaelland in February of last year, has caught the eye after an impressive first full season in Denmark.

He has scored ten goals and supplied seven assists in 28 appearances for the Danish outfit this term.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/man-united-jet-out-today-sulemana-talks/

Giggs' right foot

Yes, and I pointed out the flaw in looking at extreme examples. All the players you named are part of a sample of talent where it's actually far more likely to see potential unfulfilled than the other way round.

It grinds on me when people want to name drop extreme examples of success stories without regard to the large pool of flopped talent from the same leagues. It's not a slight on the league, because the league is what it is. It's simply the case there's feck all to go by at this stage. His poor decision making doesn't bode well as far as I'm concerned, and whether he can improve on it is certainly a big question mark.
Well yeah... if you don't watch any of the lad's games, that's true. You will know feck all about him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well yeah... if you don't watch any of the lad's games, that's true. You will know feck all about him.
You can watch every game of the season and it's still feck all to go by because it's in a league that's terribly difficult to gauge actual competence from.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sign him up and loan him to Dortmund when we bag Sancho

Sell James
this is the way forward. Will help finally seal his work permit while on loan too. Loans are the way to go especially with hyped players because they’ll have much more of a choice of club and by right will go to the club that will play them the most/need them the most. Real and Chelsea have loaned out some top players over the last few years and make good money back on them. I think that's what we should also be aiming for. A team of prospects out on loan and eventually selling the players that won’t fit in back here. It’s one of the main ways to create an additional revenue stream and maximise the value of having a worldwide scouting network

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Can we make sure he doesn't have a sister with April birthday first?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's surely currently at a higher level than Amad? He's playing first team football in a competitive league against men and dribbling past them with pace and power while Amad is still struggling to keep up at this level and so far has only been good at reserves level
The Danish first league is probably below the English reserve level, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

We just saw him play well against Leicester who just beat the CL finalists.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't seem very credible. The major journalists haven't been going big on this. Moreover I can't see why we need another young wing talent given our problems elsewhere and the Covid market.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm a bit bemused people mentioning Pellistri really, he's one to forget they exist until given reason to remember him. Listing him as a wing option right now is totally disingenuous, still a total unknown quantity.

Giggs' right foot

You can watch every game of the season and it's still feck all to go by because it's in a league that's terribly difficult to gauge actual competence from.
Of course, you can study all his games and you still would be unsure on how well he would do in PL, La Liga, etc.

But watching him play - even if it's in a - to you - irrelevant league - will never be futile. He's tremendously exciting to watch and though I agree that the danish league and its players are impossible to translate into PL, I just simply see something in Kamaldeen that is extraordinary and not like the rest we've seen in this league for a long time.

His downfall when it comes to standing out on the G/A-stats is that he plays for FC Nordsjælland - a veeeeery young squad. Actually, I think it's the youngest in Europe - this season with an average starting XI-age of 22 years. In April this year, they even listed a starting XI with an average age of 20 years and 20 days. Sure, it won't win them any trophies, but with this approach Kamaldeen won't be FC Nordsjælland's last big departure.

SATA

It’s like the links to the Ecuador lad earlier in the season and turned out we were just scouting him out of a thousand targets and not really interested. Same case here i guess

R77

It’s like the links to the Ecuador lad earlier in the season and turned out we were just scouting him out of a thousand targets and not really interested. Same case here i guess
Yeah, I'm getting Caicedo vibes from this too. Interesting if true though; kinda points to a mini clearout, and that we're continuing to at least try to identify high potential players early, before they prove themselves elswhere and cost a bomb.

I suppose we're constantly looking at such players either way. Probably this lad too, though it's equally likely he's way down the list and someone's got wind of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sources: Man United jet out for talks today over signing striker sensation Sulemana

Man United are holding talks today in Denmark about signing FC Nordsjaelland sensation Kamaldeen Sulemana, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The forward, 19, is wanted by the Premier League giants and multiple top European clubs ahead of the summer window.

A United source has told Football Insider a club delegation has jetted out to Denmark to negotiate a deal with Nordsjaelland chiefs for Sulemana.

The 20-times champions know they need to act fast to beat Ajax to the signature of Sulemana. United are expected to table an offer for the versatile attacker, who can spearhead the attack or play out wide. They have been keeping close tabs on the Ghana international all season following his emergence in the Danish league. It is likely that a package worth £15million will be enough to secure his signature. Ajax are United’s closest competitors for Sulemana and their director of football Marc Overmars was in the front row last week to watch him in action.

Under the new post-Brexit transfer rules, Sulemana does not have enough points to gain a work permit.

That could change this summer if the Danish league climbs one place in the Uefa co-efficients, which would then see him meet the new UK points regulations, or Sulemana makes one more competitive appearance for Ghana.

The teenager, who joined Nordsjaelland in February of last year, has caught the eye after an impressive first full season in Denmark.

He has scored ten goals and supplied seven assists in 28 appearances for the Danish outfit this term.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/man-united-jet-out-today-sulemana-talks/
This source has got things right on a number of occassions from what I gather. There's also some very reputable journos following them, which might not mean much in the grand scheme of things. But this source has provided a updated on their earlier claim and said United have offered even more than Ajax (during the negotiations on Monday) who have a bid of 12m on the table.

@mazhar13 What's your take on this source?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Shoretire is a central player, as is Martial.

NYAS

Have to say, I don’t understand the interest here unless the club think Elanga won’t make it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Essien might help Chelsea's cause if they were interested, but the Chairman of the club (Tom Vernon) worked under Fergie in the 90s at United.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This source has got things right on a number of occassions from what I gather. There's also some very reputable journos following them, which might not mean much in the grand scheme of things. But this source has provided a updated on their earlier claim and said United have offered even more than Ajax (during the negotiations on Monday) who have a bid of 12m on the table.

@mazhar13 What's your take on this source?
I haven't really followed this source, to be honest. This is the first time that I've seen them.

With that said, I'll play it safe here and go with what Tommy Møller Nielsen said a few days back. We're definitely interested, but we aren't probably in talks for him at this time. I'm also aware of what you posted about Mike Verweij saying that United will outbid Sulemana, but that could just be Ajax being aware of United's stronger financial position.

We're definitely interested, but I'd expect us to start talking to Sulemana's club once we've gotten in touch with the player's entourage and agreed on personal terms first.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Shoretire is a central player, as is Martial.
That's why I said Greenwood/Martial. With Cavani here, one of them will be 2nd option for a wing position. And I wonder if Shoretire will get a chance as no 10 /attacking midfielder. That's very difficult for a youth player in the prem, clubs prefer to start them from out wide.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I can see those three out on loan tbh.
Could well be, though Sulemana is ahead of them, he could be loaned as well. And, they will return from their loan as well. Why so many wingers whilst we effectively have 4 CB's and 1 defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.