Kamaldeen Sulemana / signs for Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBen

My head says he should go to Ajax but my heart says he should join United. I want him to join United so bad because that will make him the first Ghanaian to play for United.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This signing really doesn't make much sense does it?? And for him surely Ajax is the better step.
I don't know. Depends on whether he gets a top loan or game time. It would be a proactive move by United taking him from under Ajax's nose.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My head says he should go to Ajax but my heart says he should join United. I want him to join United so bad because that will make him the first Ghanaian to play for United.
Think Welbeck has Ghanaian heritage, if I'm not mistaken but yes he'd be the first national to represent us

Inigo Montoya

Possibly his agents are trying to get more money from Ajax.
The reports suggest that he's weighing up offers so considering Ajax have to work within their budget, I can't see them getting involved in such nonsense. What they could offer is more playing time

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Dont make much sense for Man Utd. And I’m not sure that he is that good either. Is he?

cyberman

This signing really doesn't make much sense does it?? And for him surely Ajax is the better step.
If he is a top prospect then why not? Lets say this player and Diallo end up better than Sancho. Whats wrong with selling Sancho? Surely yoi just build around the best players and thats only good for the club?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
What's the support like for United in Ghana, Ben?
Huge.

I'd argue we're the most supported club, but it would be close with Chelsea due to Essien.
Our lack of success has diminished our support though, in the 00's we were by far the biggest supported club.

OmarUnited4ever

Would Ajax be upset with United if the player chooses us? i thought we had good relationship with Ajax, or is just business and it's up to the player to decide where to go?

Inigo Montoya

If it's anything like the support in Nigeria, then HUGE!
Is it that big? I used to work with several Nigerian lads and it was either Arsenal or Liverpool, with Arsenal the dominant due to so many more Nigerians playing for them

Infestissumam

I'm all for signing young top talents. I'd imagine it'd make sense to loan him out for a year or so, like we did with Pellistri.

Inigo Montoya

I don't think there's anything in this whatsoever, its agent nonsense.
Would Ajax be upset with United if the player chooses us? i thought we had good relationship with Ajax, or is just business and it's up to the player to decide where to go?
Judas may well be right.

Ajax can do one TBH. They've been appropriating African talent for years or as they would term it...developing players

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Dont make much sense for Man Utd. And I’m not sure that he is that good either. Is he?
I thought that too but if you watch him a bit closer there are a few things that hint at him becoming a beast. Hes fast. Dribbles with both feet and can go inside and out. Has a decent shot. He’s 19 and is ripping up the danish league. Once in a generation type player for that league, supposedly. He could be worth a hell of a lot of money in 2 years.

STYLOISRED

Is it that big? I used to work with several Nigerian lads and it was either Arsenal or Liverpool, with Arsenal the dominant due to so many more Nigerians playing for them
Like i said, HUGE. one time we organised a Jersey party in my university for all supporters to show their clubs, the amount of man utd jerseys on display was astounding.
Support is mainly between Man utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. I only know about 5/6 Liverpool fans.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems the player is weighing up other options before committing to a move to Ajax. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Ajax, United or even another club. But he does seem to have very high potential as a inside forward who has the ability to play either side due to how strong he is on both feet.

Inigo Montoya

I thought that too but if you watch him a bit closer there are a few things that hint at him becoming a beast. Hes fast. Dribbles with both feet and can go inside and out. Has a decent shot. He’s 19 and is ripping up the danish league. Once in a generation type player for that league, supposedly. He could be worth a hell of a lot of money in 2 years.
Given how many on here want us to sign Darmsgaard ...I agree with your post

Inigo Montoya

Like i said, HUGE. one time we organised a Jersey party in my university for all supporters to show their clubs, the amount of man utd jerseys on display was astounding.
Support is mainly between Man utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. I only know about 5/6 Liverpool fans.
:lol:
Sounds so American

BlackBen

What's the support like for United in Ghana, Ben?
United has a really huge fan base in Ghana only recently rivaled by Chelsea since the EPL is the most watched league and most religiously followed league in my country.

The EPL is really taken seriously here and I bet most of the fans here wish to attend games in person so it hurts a lot when fans who live in England throw the old “have you been to a game before” line at international fans when they’re in disagreement with each other’s opinions.

United is the team you find most people loving to hate in Ghana IMO, those damned ABU’s huh? Arsenal and Liverpool have a good number of followers too but United is the team for me.:drool:

Reactions: Penna

STYLOISRED

I'd be interested to find out as well. I know Nigerians are very divided between several big clubs
Manutd, Chelsea and Arsenal have the largest share of support.
Man Utd fans are seen as arrogant snobs who think they are bigger than they really are ( haters gonne hate).
Chelsea fans are notorious for their lousiness and loud mouths.
Arsenal fans are well, Arsenal fans.

Andersons Dietician

Maybe we have a new buisness model where we buy young worldies then hope to sell them on at a profit if they become half decent. Buy him out from under Ajax’s nose then send him out on loan to Ajax.

BlackBen

Manutd, Chelsea and Arsenal have the largest share of support.
Man Utd fans are seen as arrogant snobs who think they are bigger than they really are ( haters gonne hate).
Chelsea fans are notorious for their lousiness and loud mouths.
Arsenal fans are well, Arsenal fans.
Right on the money.

Ali Dia

Given how many on here want us to sign Darmsgaard ...I agree with your post
The Scandinavian leagues are a solid gateway into the major European leagues. He’s passed that test with flying colours. England is a massive step up to be fair but he does looks like a potential PL class player. For under 10 million? Absolutely worth a punt. To be fair we do a few of these transfers every year and they are by far the most interesting for me.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Maybe we have a new buisness model where we buy young worldies then hope to sell them on at a profit if they become half decent. Buy him out from under Ajax’s nose then send him out on loan to Ajax.
Ajax won’t take a loan I think.

OmarUnited4ever

how's the African nationals representation in United's first team, counting backwards:

Amad
Ighalo
Bailly
Mame Diouf
Manucho
Djemba Djemba
Fortune

these are the ones i remember, did i miss any?

compared to Arsenal & Chelsea we didn't have many African nationals playing with us and certainly no prominent PL stars from Africa ever played for us, Like Drogba, Essien, Toure brothers, Mane or Salah for example

Tarrou

how's the African nationals representation in United's first team, counting backwards:

Amad
Ighalo
Bailly
Mame Diouf
Manucho
Djemba Djemba
Fortune

compared to Arsenal & Chelsea we didn't have many African nationals playing with us and certainly no prominent PL stars from Africa ever played for us, Like Drogba, Essien, Toure brothers, Mane or Salah for example
Zaha is another

Ali Dia

Amad
Ighalo
Bailly
Mame Diouf
Manucho
Djemba Djemba
Fortune

It started off well with fortune and then we entered Fergie punt territory… the quality is improving again. Amad and Hannibal look like they are going to make pretty big in the game, fingers crossed!

OmarUnited4ever

Zaha is another
oh yeah I missed Zaha, i think he declared for Ivory Coast awhile after he left us, he represented England youth teams when he was younger and i think he played once or twice for the England senior team

It started off well with fortune and then we entered Fergie punt territory… the quality is improving again. Amad and Hannibal look like they are going to make pretty big in the game, fingers crossed!
Fortune was quite good, the rest that followed were not good enough, Bailly didn't realize his potential, hopefully Amad and Hannibal become African super stars in the future, both are huge prospects

Ali Dia

Do any of you remember watching YouTube videos of Manucho playing in Angola before he signed? Real rough video quality. I reckon he was the first footballer I “scouted” on YouTube before he came here. As always with Fergie’s dud punts at that point in time “after being recommended by Ferguson’s assistant Carlos Queiroz” aka the fall guy!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.un...-united-manuchos-career-may-be-at-an-end/amp/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.