Kanchelskis or Beckham?.....

$ukhjit

--------------------------Schmeichel--------------------------------------

---Irwin---------------Bruce----------Pallister------------------G.Neville---

-Giggs-----------------Keane------------Ince------------------Kanchelskis-

----------------------Hughes-----------Cantona---------------------------

What a great team that was, the best team ever I would say. It was a shame they underachieved. Kanchelskis was fantastic and as many say Schmeichel's throws down the wing we phenomenal. We were fantastic on the break, a thrill to watch!

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
$ukhjit said:

What a great team that was, the best team ever I would say. It was a shame they underachieved. Kanchelskis was fantastic and as many say Schmeichel's throws down the wing we phenomenal. We were fantastic on the break, a thrill to watch!
They didn't underachieve at all, 7 of that 11 were considered 'foreigners' when Uefa had the 3 foreign player rule, it shafted us big time. Liverpool would have never won 4 European cups in the 70's and 80's had the same rule been in effect.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
$ukhjit said:

Superb.

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
$ukhjit said:

Wasn't that the team that demolished City at Old Trafford? (5-0 iirc)

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
$ukhjit said:

I personally though, would play Giggs on the left and Kanchelskis on the right. Likewise I would have Neville as right back and Irwin as Left back

I think thats where they are better suited...

;) ;)

Dominant

$ukhjit said:

Gary Nev wasnt a starter yet, Paul Parker was the first choice RB then.

And how come Giggs/Irwin are on the right wing and G.Nev/kanchelskis on the left wing???

mavric

I was too young to recall why Kanchelskis was sold....what was the reason? What's the official story and all these baggage that you're all referring to?

mu3924

For United. His game suited the Prem. He didn't get many chances in Europe, but I do recall him being poor each time he played.

Just look at the way he failed in the Serie A.
17 years late to the conversation but just come across this. He only really played in Europe in the 94/95 season and scored and assisted in the Gothenburg home game, was motm imo against Barcelona at home, and was injured for the last group game against Galatasaray, so he didn't do too bad really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My memories of Kanchelskis are my first venture into fantasy league back in the mid 90s when player scores were printed weekly in the paper and you had to keep a record yourself and he absolutely smashed it for me :drool:

GueRed

Beckham. World Class player who ran his bollocks off for the team.

Loved Kanchelskis mind.
Who doesnt love a fast, exciting goalscoring winger?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Kanchelskis was superb for us…..BUT it’s not even close. Beckham was phenomenal for us, absolutely phenomenal in a team that won the treble he was our best player that season in a team full of great performers.

I respect opinions, but anyone who thinks Kanchelsis was better than Beckham probably has some other form of agenda than purely football.

Ixion

What a bump this is. Loved Kanchelskis hes the kind of winger I like to watch but Beckham was the better player overall.

Sparky Rhiwabon

17 years late to the conversation but just come across this. He only really played in Europe in the 94/95 season and scored and assisted in the Gothenburg home game, was motm imo against Barcelona at home, and was injured for the last group game against Galatasaray, so he didn't do too bad really.
Weirdly I was thinking about this yesterday. I concluded that whilst I personally preferred Kanchelskis, I’d probably have to reluctantly pick Beckham. Similarly with Van Nistelrooy over Hughes.

Ladron de redcafe

He had his famous hatrick against City in a 5-0 win at a rainy Old Trafford that same season, and had another phenomenal match in a 4-2 win at Ewood park. That might have been the best version of Kanchelskis, but Beckham was more than adequate in replacing him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Kanchelskis was so exciting to watch, but Beckham’s a bit underrated and wins this comfortably enough.

MacGlock88

Interesting question.
It would be Beckham, my choice.

The Thread looks to have 34 offers.

21 Beckham,
13 Kanchelskis.

Hughie77

No brainer, Becks, he wasn't the best running with the ball didn't need to, he left the ball do the work, the ball could travel quicker than a player , his deliveries where the bollocks, and it's been made even more prevalent in today's football on how good he real was, any striker attacking CM would love to play in a team with a guy who would find you not just hope to find you.

Morpheus 7

Beckham easily, 99 treble and champions league run. Rewatch the level of contribution and assists of important goals. Not even a debate, ridiculous. Andrei was lightning but let's face it, hardly went on to do great things.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
With Beckhams delivery from the right even a half finished Ronaldo would be scoring 30 headed goals a season.

Pickle85

Surprising this was a discussion tbh. Becks by a long way...just had more in his armory. Loved watching Andrei play and if the question was 'who would you back 1v1 against an oppo fullback' it would be him, no question. But becks delivery was something else, dead ball and in open play, his short passing was tidy (better than AK's) and his work rate was phenomenal.

Thebaldingbob

Kanchelskis every time.
Had pace, could dribble, could shoot with either foot and head a ball.
Beckham only had a great right foot, didn’t have pace, couldn’t dribble and don’t remember him ever heading a ball.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Kanchelskis every time.
Beckham only had a great right foot, didn’t have pace, couldn’t dribble and don’t remember him ever heading a ball.
You're doing Beckham a massive disservice with that description! Between 98-02 he was phenomenal. Not just his right foot or freekicks or assists. But his general workrate, his passion and desire to succeed were 2nd to none. For me, alongside Keane and giggs he would've been the 1st few names on the team sheet.

Pickle85

Kanchelskis every time.
Definitely do not remember kanchelskis being good in the air.

Jericho

Wasn't watching during Kanchelskis time. When was his peak? Statistically it looks like it was his final season with us, but why then did we send him on his way to Everton?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not really sure what kind of player Beckham would be if he was a modern day player. Kanchelskis, on the other hand, would be so fecking dangerous as a wide forward.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Beckham really was the best player in the world for at least one season in 99. Top three in another.

Bestofthebest

Kanchelskis was the fastest player I can remember. No stuttering with the ball at his feet ( can you this might be? )
Very strong as well. However, I think Becks was better all round player and a real graftaholic.

wolvored

Lets face it,you haven't won anything since Beckham left.You should have kept him,not forced him out.
:lol: No white text? We won more since Beckham left than Liverpool won in the last 30 years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
In 2005 they would have no idea that we would have no right winger for about a decade