Kane vs Aubameyang

Paul_Scholes18

They are both bloody good. I would probably rate Kane slightly higher. Although we might not see his best under Mourinho.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You don't think being able to two positions at an elite level is a valuable asset to any team? That was the initial point made. And I think Auba is more of a wide forward these days rather than a traditional CF.

Also Aubameyang has been praised by his managers for his work-rate.
I don't think it matters when comparing two strikers who are supposed to be the best player on your team an not be moved around no. Aubameyang is not equally as good in two positions is he? As a striker he'd get into many teams, as a wide forward he wouldn't get into as many. The reason he's being used as a wide forward is because Arsenal have lacked them yet still play with them but they have other players that can do a similar job to Auba as a striker. If you have Kane you don't have that substitute. If you're going to talk about Auba as a wide forward you compare him to Son.

Id take Aubameyang any day of the week.
I wouldn’t, Kane every time.

But that’s what’s great about having different opinions.

The two best strikers in the league, and quite comfortably so. I’d put Vardy third. Aguero doesn’t play enough anymore. I’ve probably missed someone really obvious.

Paul_Scholes18

I wouldn’t, Kane every time.

But that’s what’s great about having different opinions.

The two best strikers in the league, and quite comfortably so. I’d put Vardy third. Aguero doesn’t play enough anymore. I’ve probably missed someone really obvious.
You missed Martial! Firmino too, but he do not score enough.

You missed Martial! Firmino too, but he do not score enough.
Martial has done well. But just one season as a striker, I want to see him break into being one of the top 3 strikers this season. He’s not there yet, but getting there.

No chance on Firminho. I know Liverpool fans love him, and clearly he’s just won the league, but not for me. I wouldn’t want him at Utd. I’d take Kane, Aubameyang or Vardy, all would be terrific. All are clearly unrealistic when you take into account age and transfer fees, so I’m only speaking hypothetically.

starman

If you put Auba in the Liverpool team does it transform them? Mane is probably the better player overall, but Auba the better goalscorer, same with Firmino, Auba would score more but would he offer the same contribution to the team overall...?
If you put Kane in there that's a scary prospect, as he does everything Firmino does and better and would score tons of goals

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Aubameyang because he can go long and short. Kane is slow

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Wouldn’t be so quick to write off Kane, he just turned 27 in July ffs.
This is true but Spurs rely on him so much that they ran him into the ground. His mileage is probably really high. I remember games where they played him despite him not being 100% ready. That kind of stuff messed up your body. Spurs desperately need a back up striker to ease the burden and bring out the best in Kane again.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The caf scouts were wrong about Auba.

By most posts he was a powerful chicharito in Germany.

He is actually classy in everything including passing and first touch.

Both are amazing strikers I would call it even as both are extremely different players.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
For clarity since the end of the 2017 season including internationals
Kane 147 Games and 109 Goals
Aubamyang 142 Games and 102 Goals
Perfectly valid to prefer Aubamyang as a player over Kane but the stats dont really seem to show up one being particularly more injury prone or unreliable
If you take penalties out of those figures Auba is miles ahead.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Perfectly valid to prefer Aubamyang as a player over Kane but the stats dont really seem to show up one being particularly more injury prone or unreliable
Didn't Aubamyang arrive 6 months later in jan 2018?

norm87cro

I'm not going to go into "who is the better player" argument but lets put it this way. You're Real or Bayern and you have a very strong midfield and you need a striker to bang in 30 a season. The obvious solution is Kane

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I'm not going to go into "who is the better player" argument but lets put it this way. You're Real or Bayern and you have a very strong midfield and you need a striker to bang in 30 a season. The obvious solution is Kane
No team has ever made an offer for Kane despite all the hype. Barca and Inter recently made bids for Auba. So your example is just wild speculation and fantasy.

Last edited:

bsCallout

Auba and it isn't even close for me.

Don't rate Kane anywhere close to what people here seem to.

He isn't a team player and probably takes more shots from weird positions than anyone else in the league.

Then you have his injuries to add to the list.

Figures bumped up by taking 100s of shots and scoring pens.

norm87cro

No team has ever made an offer for Kane despite all the hype. Barca and Inter recently made bids for Auba. So your example is just wild speculation and fantasy.
I guess we will have to wait and see then because nobody has bought Auba either despite making "bids". United make "bids" for dozens of players but sign a player or two in reality. Scoring plus 20 in the last 5 years (even more?) in the Prem with Tottenham isn't really hype but a statistical category.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
100% but isn’t it the job a striker to score goals, if Auba isn’t confident or good enough to take penalties then that’s a negative for him isn’t it?
I'm not saying it's a negative, but in the context of this argument it's not a positive either. When you are looking to buy a striker you compare their open-play contribution, those are the stats that matter to a buying club. I would without hesitation take a striker who scored 10 goals from open play over one that got 10 goals from the penalty spot any day.

Maureen-yo

I'm not saying it's a negative, but in the context of this argument it's not a positive either. When you are looking to buy a striker you compare their open-play contribution, those are the stats that matter to a buying club. I would without hesitation take a striker who scored 10 goals from open play over one that got 10 goals from the penalty spot any day.
Yeah, good point well made, didn’t look at it like that, in my defence I’ve just got off an easyJet flight and I’m still recovering ;)

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I guess we will have to wait and see then because nobody has bought Auba either despite making "bids". United make "bids" for dozens of players but sign a player or two in reality. Scoring plus 20 in the last 5 years (even more?) in the Prem with Tottenham isn't really hype but a statistical category.
You are now defeating your own "bidding" argument after you previously said Bayern and Real Madrid would rather buy Kane than Auba. In any event, concrete bids from big clubs are usually an indicator of a player's regard and reputation on the market. Bayern's main striker is now 32 yet they would rather bid for Odoi than Kane. That tells you something.

mu4c_20le

If you take penalties out of those figures Auba is miles ahead.
Not true, Auba takes plenty of penalties, in fact he is their main penalty taker.

https://fbref.com/en/players/21a66f6a/Harry-Kane
https://fbref.com/en/players/d5dd5f1f/Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang

Look at the Goals minus PKs per 90 minutes column, Kane was phenomenonal from 16-18 with 0.86 before coming back down to around .48 and .56 respectively for the last two seasons, injury and club problems and all. Aubameyang is .59 and .57 for the last two years. Hardly miles ahead. It actually proves what most have been saying, Kane has the higher peak but Auba has been slightly better recently.

Dante

Average bang
Kane does the boring things better. They're about equal at doing the exciting things.

Overall, it's Kane.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Not true, Auba takes plenty of penalties, in fact he is their main penalty taker.

Look at the Goals minus PKs per 90 minutes column, Kane was phenomenonal from 16-18 with 0.86 before coming back down to around .48 and .56 respectively for the last two seasons, injury and club problems and all. Aubameyang is .59 and .57 for the last two years. Hardly miles ahead. It actually proves what most have been saying, Kane has the higher peak but Auba has been slightly better recently.
I never said Auba doesn't take penalties, and l don't dispute that historically Kane has better stats overall. But on recent/current form, and on the goal tallies posted above earlier on (minus penalties) Auba is easily the better player, and you just about make the concession yourself.

Chief123

The problem is everyone is comparing today’s Kane and today’s Aubamayeng. Obviously Auba is in better form than Kane.

But on his day when on form and match fit, Kane is better by some distance for me.

Rossa

Kane always plays as a striker. Auba sometimes also plays more as a winger when he and Lacazette play together.

MrEleson

Agree with this. Probably a toss up overall and either player could have more value to a team depending on what they need. Kane is a better rounded CF but Auba has the advantage of being able to play wide forward as well at an elite level, which is not insignificant. Kane has also had significant injuries leading him to miss large numbers of games in three of the last four seasons. Aubameyang has never missed more than a week with an injury in his entire career (knock on wood). Health is a skill.
Wasn’t aware of that. That’s incredible.

mu4c_20le

Kane always plays as a striker. Auba sometimes also plays more as a winger when he and Lacazette play together.
I'd say he's more of a wide forward, bit like Martial when we played him there, and even then it was mostly to accommodate for his teammates. Like Kane, he's the main man over there and everything goes through him. Whenever I watched him he plays so advanced that he's almost leading the line, the only difference is he cuts inside, which actually suits him better sometimes.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I'd say he's more of a wide forward, bit like Martial when we played him there, and even then it was mostly to accommodate for his teammates. Like Kane, he's the main man over there and everything goes through him. Whenever I watched him he plays so advanced that he's almost leading the line, the only difference is he cuts inside, which actually suits him better sometimes.
You also regularly see him tracking back and defending in the LB position.

Tomb Bombadil

Supports
Arsenal
His injuries and his form dip came the last 2 seasons and not in 16/17 and 17/18 seasons. And of course he is not unreliable with his output, but we compare it to Aubameyang. To include internationals just makes sense for the game sample and maybe that's the problem that he was overplayed before?

Rossa

Still, there's a difference playing as an out and out striker and a wide forward. I've seen Auba many times where he drops quite deep on the left flank to pick up the ball and play it forward. He used to play as a winger, so not that surprising perhaps. Losing a little pace has probably made him be more efficient in his play.

hmchan

Aubameyang is a better inside forward cutting in but Kane is a better center forward with all round ability.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Auba and it isn't even close for me.

Don't rate Kane anywhere close to what people here seem to.

He isn't a team player and probably takes more shots from weird positions than anyone else in the league.

Then you have his injuries to add to the list.

Figures bumped up by taking 100s of shots and scoring pens.
Your username is ironic :lol: .