Kante or Fred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Read a couple of posts “asking” for this. I think this is an interesting question. Would you swap Fred for Kante?

Me: NO

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kante's been underwhelming ever since 2017/18 IMO. Chelsea fans can't convince me otherwise.

flappyjay

When they are both fit. I definitely pick Kante. But he has been getting injured a lot at the moment.

Skills

Snitch
Well Kante's proven himself over a much longer period of time, and at a higher level. Fred's got a lot of ability though so maybe one day.

Crashoutcassius

Honestly... Fred is very very good right now. If he keeps this up for another season he will be top 20 midfielders in the world, and not a player we can replace. Amazing revival and credit to Ole for finding it in him.

Between Fred Maguire and now Bruno we have added so much leadership to the side this season. If Rashford and Pogba can come back in and do bits of that as well we will look very strong

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Come on now. Kante has won a PL title back to back at two separate clubs, playing an absolutely pivotal role in both, as well as a WC.

Fred is doing well, and Kante is in the worst form of his time in the PL, but there’s not really any need for a thread like this.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Fred is the new and improved Kante.

Can anyone point to a more consistent central midfielder in the PL right now?

Baneofthegame

Both at their peaks I’d pick Kante every time, but this season Fred.

Also not sure how Fred keeps going for the full 90, the man must absorb the oppositions players stamina straight from their souls, the amount of ground he covers.

Decomposing In Paris

Currently Fred. Kante has been plagued with injuries and managers that have used him wrongly.
I‘ve often felt Kante is what we’ve been crying out of as a team, because we would play him in his best position, in front of the back 4. Fred is actually far better suited to the role Chelsea have tried to give him. They’re very different players, but I’m happy with Fred.

p.s. I love Herrera, but he’s in the past... if we’re going to wish we still had players from our past in their prime I’d rather have Rio, Scholes, Giggs... Ronaldo...it’s a pretty long list before we get to Ander.

Foxbatt

For Manchester United Fred is better. We need him in this side more than Kante.

Castia

Kanye has been quality for years but seems to be struggling with injuries/form

At this moment in time going off this season you’d have to go with Fred.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Kante is having his first below-par season in English football, and has had injuries. Fred is yet to run his opponents into the ground to the tune of Premier League title victory just yet!

OldTrevil

Kanye has been quality for years but seems to be struggling with injuries/form

At this moment in time going off this season you’d have to go with Fred.
No truer words have been spoken.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
When fit, Kante is the best DM/B2B midfielder in the world. That said, of the 2, I genuinely think Fred has had a better season and it's a credit to him (and the coaching team) that this isn't a totally laughable conversation to be having.

cyberman

Kante is having his first below-par season in English football, and has had injuries. Fred is yet to run his opponents into the ground to the tune of Premier League title victory just yet!
Kante was poor last season as well. Hes not as good in his new position which, ironically, is wherr Fred excels

Mr Smith

Don't think it's a fair comparison as I actually feel they're quite different players, but Kante has shown this season he may be past his best. Certainly wouldn't swap him for Fred at this stage.

Ekeke

Yes. Kante has been a better DM and more advanced CM than Fred has been. Strange question

Kante also deals with physicality better.

Fred is a better passer, maybe dribbling, Kante is better at everything else - goalscoring, ball winning, defending in general, physicality

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fantastic season from Fred. He's currently undroppable. There is no easy route back into the side for Pogba, which I am gleeful about. Matic, Fred, Bruno is our most balanced line up right now, but it can change game to game. Great problem Fred has given us. You need five first choice midfielders. The idea of a first choice team is almost antiquated. And to his enormous credit, Ole is showing tactical flexibility in picking the right team and formations to win games at the moment. Playing Luke Shaw in a back three has been as surprising as it has been revelatory.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Come on now. Kante has won a PL title back to back at two separate clubs, playing an absolutely pivotal role in both, as well as a WC.

Fred is doing well, and Kante is in the worst form of his time in the PL, but there’s not really any need for a thread like this.
Come on guys why this nonsense. One is a proven world class player at European and world level. Why threads like this?
Thank you for holding your impulse calling me moron straight away.

Track record means nothing in football these days. If you are far from being outstanding for couple of seasons, you are not at the top of the game. Kante is not what he was in 2017 or 2018. Fred‘s level, on the other hand, is in stratosphere this season consistenly.

thepolice123

Kante was poor last season as well. Hes not as good in his new position which, ironically, is wherr Fred excels
They don't even play the same position currently. Fred's current position for us is by far Kante's best position and the one that made him world class at Leicester.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Herrera. It was a clear choice at beginning, but with Fred improving as he has, tough to call now. I'd still take the Player of Year Herrera....by a slim margin.
Fair enough, what frustrated me about Herrera (even player of the year Herrera) was that he always seemed to get injured during crucial periods. Fred more or less seems very dependable.

Ekeke

Track record means nothing in football these days. If you are far from being outstanding for couple of seasons, you are not at the top of the game. Kante is not what he was in 2017 or 2018. Fred‘s level, on the other hand, is in stratosphere this season consistenly.
It really isnt. They're both DMs, Kante is beaten by a player less than half the time he's taken on. Fred is beaten more often than he wins the ball. You can't fault him for effort, but he's not very effective at doing the main job of a DM.

mancan92

It's simply because he has been injured. No manager in World football is taking Fred over kante. Just because kante has been injured this season and unable to play.

Also Fred has been good not world class or anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.