Music Kanye West - Donda

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Fire. Post Kardashian Kanye should be as good if not better than pre Kardashian Kanye.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Underwhelming pretentious music that some weirdos are going to rave about and say it's amazing because they're incapable of realising that Kanye disappeared up his own arse a long time ago.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Apparently one or two tracks co-produced by Frank Ocean & Kendrick Lamar, if true I'm excited for that.
I'm ready to give it a listen, he seems to have gotten the help he needed and appears to be in a better place now.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I genuinely can’t see it being any good.

You know that Simpsons episode where Frank Grimes is completely lucid and he can’t understand anybody around him in the plant? That’s how I feel with modern day Kanye. I love College Dropout etc. as much as the next person, but anything he has released in the past couple of years just seems bizarre, watered-down and rushed to me. I seriously cannot get my head around people enjoying it as I’m not particularly sure where the appeal lies. But of course that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily bad, it’s just my subjective opinion.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I genuinely can’t see it being any good.

You know that Simpsons episode where Frank Grimes is completely lucid and he can’t understand anybody around him in the plant? That’s how I feel with modern day Kanye. I love College Dropout etc. as much as the next person, but anything he has released in the past couple of years just seems bizarre, watered-down and rushed to me. I seriously cannot get my head around people enjoying it as I’m not particularly sure where the appeal lies. But of course that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily bad, it’s just my subjective opinion.
He fell off. Ye was crap and don't get me started on JIK. TLOP was the last good album he did imo.

Abizzz

I won't ever be able to listen to another line of him without thinking he's a crazy.

stu_1992

I'm hoping it's a bit of a return to form considering JIK was not what most fans were looking for, and while Ye was decent and had a couple of great songs, it's not a full album that I'd revisit.

Mostly is like for it to just come out. And if it does, for him to stay off twitter and stay quiet as he currently is. Just let the music do the talking.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
TLOP is only five years old, and is a brilliant record tbf. It doesn't seem outlandish that he could get back to that.

Moby

Dick
Interesting seeing the opinions on here about TLOP. I absolutely liked it 100% but at the time it came out it had pretty mixed reviews. Seems it has aged well.

Ultralight Beam is pretty much up there with anything else this guy has done.

Bosws87

Be more trash more then likely, i can only dream of hitting the heights of college dropout.

Would be an excellent surprise though :)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Could be good. After all, KSG was only three years ago and TLOP (which seems to have grown in stature since) was five years ago. It's not like he's been completely past it for ages.

But, equally, it could be awful. And the more of the Kanye-shtick that accompanies it, the less patience I'll approach it with.

Moby

Dick
:lol: Kanye is so overrated. Run away everyone, Kanye is coming and we're all going to pretend that what he's doing is spechal
This kinda stuff is usually mostly said by people who dont actually listen to him and just know about his public image and the crap he does day to day. Have rarely seen people who actually like his music say anything like that or rate him insanely highly among the genre.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Haven't actually listened to his recent albums except Ye. All that editing shit with Life of Pablo made me not bother, the album seemed to change on a weekly basis. Ye was mediocre and I had no interest in his gospel rap project.

I'll give this a go but Kanye peaked with MBDTF and has been in decline since then.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It will be his best project.

This is what sort of annoys me about him and all the fandom around him. Even if it ends up being a good album, I really doubt the production is "lightyears ahead of its time", or that people are just going to stop listening to anything else for a while. How many albums actually have that impact? And this is where I'm annoyed, more by the fans than Kanye himself, there's this constant need to believe that everything he drops is industry- and life-changing, and if you don't see that, you're just not able to fully understand his genius. Yeah it might be good but come on.

AgentSmith

Optimist in me is hoping Kanye’s in a better place and produces something resembling the quality he’s produced in the past.

Pessimist in me is expecting a rushed job that has some nice moments but feels like it’s 6 months of production away from being an actual album.

From the bits of information I’ve read around the album, and the fact it’s essentially a tribute to his late mother, I’m leaning towards the first. Hope it absolutely slaps.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
This is what sort of annoys me about him and all the fandom around him. Even if it ends up being a good album, I really doubt the production is "lightyears ahead of its time", or that people are just going to stop listening to anything else for a while. How many albums actually have that impact? And this is where I'm annoyed, more by the fans than Kanye himself, there's this constant need to believe that everything he drops is industry- and life-changing, and if you don't see that, you're just not able to fully understand his genius. Yeah it might be good but come on.
Like I said this kinda sentiment doesn't run across majority of the people who like his music. Like in this thread itself most people who have listened to all his stuff are actually more critical than giving OTT praise. There are some nutcases like the tweet above like with anything else.

Kearnkoff69

Haven't actually listened to his recent albums except Ye. All that editing shit with Life of Pablo made me not bother, the album seemed to change on a weekly basis. Ye was mediocre and I had no interest in his gospel rap project.

I'll give this a go but Kanye peaked with MBDTF and has been in decline since then.
This is exactly how I feel about Kanye these days. MBDTF was his magnum opus and a legitimate all-time album for the genre, and despite giving him a fair shake every release since, he hasn't ever come close to recapturing that magic.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
:lol: Kanye is so overrated. Run away everyone, Kanye is coming and we're all going to pretend that what he's doing is spechal
So true. 2 classic albums. A few decent ones. Lots and lots of filler and trash.

He was a genuine talent, flashes of true genius, but he’s pissed it away.

He’s great. But he paints himself as the Rap David Bowie or Michael Jackson. He. Is. Not.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is this necessary?
It’s an adjective I’ve used for a reason. Kanye’s mentally ill and still found a way to be organized enough to make a studio album whereas Kendrick, who’s perfectly fine and a hard worker hasn’t put anything out since the black panther soundtrack. It conveys my frustration.

Moby

Dick
It’s an adjective I’ve used for a reason. Kanye’s mentally ill and still found a way to be organized enough to make a studio album whereas Kendrick, who’s perfectly fine and a hard worker hasn’t put anything out since the black panther soundtrack. It conveys my frustration.
And that's relevant how?

tomaldinho1

This is exactly how I feel about Kanye these days. MBDTF was his magnum opus and a legitimate all-time album for the genre, and despite giving him a fair shake every release since, he hasn't ever come close to recapturing that magic.
Yep exactly how I feel - MBDTF is what I feel this new album is trying to hype itself into but I fear it won't come close.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
What's the purpose of bringing up his mental health? Also Kanye's entire history has been him working through adversity, whether be a broken jaw & near death(College Dropout), his mother passing away & losing his fiancee (808's), so him being productive despite his struggles shouldn't be a surprise. It's just the quality that has been lacking.
And how do you know anything about Kendrick's mental health to comment on that either?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What's the purpose of bringing up his mental health? Also Kanye's entire history has been him working through adversity, whether be a broken jaw & near death(College Dropout), his mother passing away & losing his fiancee (808's), so him being productive despite his struggles shouldn't be a surprise. It's just the quality that has been lacking.
And how do you know anything about Kendrick's mental health to comment on that either?
Fair enough, like I said, I’m a Kendrick fan and I’m thirsty for new content.

Pickle85

It's going to be more nonsense jesusy naval gazing isn't it?! I rate him as one of the top producers of the last twenty years or so working in his genre but I can't get behind him ever since he went all autotune sing rap.