Music Kanye West - Donda

BootsyCollins

Anyone watch the Netflix doc last night?

Really enjoyed it, some great footage and nice to see Kanye back in the day when he was a lot more likeable. Excited for the other parts in the coming weeks.
Yes, really enjoyed it too.
Its actually quite amazing that someone filmed one of the biggest stars ever from the very beginning. I doubt there will be many other superstars we actually can watch real footage of how it was in the early days of their careers, instead of people just talking about it.
Looking forward to the next episodes.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What he’s doing at the moment is fecked up and mental health isn’t an excuse but someone needs to get him some help.
Who hasn't offered to double the pay of a person so that they don't have to work with your ex-partner's new flame?

youngrell

Yes, really enjoyed it too.
Its actually quite amazing that someone filmed one of the biggest stars ever from the very beginning. I doubt there will be many other superstars we actually can watch real footage of how it was in the early days of their careers, instead of people just talking about it.
Looking forward to the next episodes.
Yeah some great foresight from the director, fair play to him. Took a leap of faith and boy did it pay off. Agree that it's amazing to see such footage, and it would be great to have had the same with many other artists.

I was already aware that his mother's death weighed heavy on him and is probably the main trigger for his current state of mind, but watching her with him in those clips you can see exactly why it has hit him so hard. She was his no.1 fan and it looked like she give him a solid foundation and grounding. She seemed very inspirational to him, can't imagine the pain he went through with that whole situation.

roseguy64

Anyone watch the Netflix doc last night?

Really enjoyed it, some great footage and nice to see Kanye back in the day when he was a lot more likeable. Excited for the other parts in the coming weeks.
Same. Was a really good watch.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just seen he is charging £150 or something for his new album ? :lol:
£200 to buy some sort of player because he wants to "free music from the oppressive system".

I don't know why people give him the time of day. He's proper boring now.

Andy_Cole

Anyone listened to Donda 2? It’s not bad, better than Donda 1. I need to report a few people leaking it online.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Anyone listened to Donda 2? It’s not bad, better than Donda 1. I need to report a few people leaking it online.
Only listened to 'City of Gods', as it's available on streaming services. Not very impressed.

Much prefer 'Eazy' feat. The Game; don't think that one's on the album though.

lsd

The Oracle

No way I could listen to anything he does. He has had absolutely nothing worth saying in over ten years whether it's in his music or outside .

He may have been a musical genius but if you can't listen to the nonsense he says what's the point?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
£200 to buy some sort of player because he wants to "free music from the oppressive system".

I don't know why people give him the time of day. He's proper boring now.
People just don’t give up on things nowadays. They wear absolute, unequivocal and unshakeable fandom like a badge of honour instead of a mark of shame.

Kanye has not made a good album for a decade.

I loved everything he did up to and including MBDTF. Since then he’s been carried by better artists. His solo work has been horrific. His personal choices scary. People should give up on him instead of pretend he’s still got it.

He is a mentally ill rich person. Terrible combo. He’s not special, his talent burned up long ago and he needs help. His every public appearance feels like witnessing a bald Britney Beating up that car with an umbrella.

United in sin

People just don’t give up on things nowadays. They wear absolute, unequivocal and unshakeable fandom like a badge of honour instead of a mark of shame.

Kanye has not made a good album for a decade.

I loved everything he did up to and including MBDTF. Since then he’s been carried by better artists. His solo work has been horrific. His personal choices scary. People should give up on him instead of pretend he’s still got it.

He is a mentally ill rich person. Terrible combo. He’s not special, his talent burned up long ago and he needs help. His every public appearance feels like witnessing a bald Britney Beating up that car with an umbrella.
Kanye's twisted but he still makes great music in my opinion. He won't surpass MBDTF but how many artists actually get close to their best work when they get to the twilight or (in his case) eccentric stage of their careers? Haha

UnrelatedPsuedo

Kanye's twisted but he still makes great music in my opinion. He won't surpass MBDTF but how many artists actually get close to their best work when they get to the twilight or (in his case) eccentric stage of their careers? Haha
He makes some great tracks. I still love some of the stuff that he creates. But for a guy that put Hip Hop atop everything, planet wide, for a short while…. Every Project in the last decade has been trash.

I should say that I thought he was on track to be there with Bowie, Prince, Zeppelin. I loved the guy. He probably got there for a very narrow 2-3 years. The Good Friday’s releases and run up to the final MBDTF drop was one of my favourite periods of music.

But the guy is mentally ill. He’s broken and busted as a creator that can still make something that encapsulates a concept and vision to its artistic conclusion.

If his albums were released in reverse order he’d have no record label and have a day job right now.. His new music is a disjointed shitshow with sprinkles of occasional genius.

The guy needs help. Not support. If he got some, his best album could be in his future.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Feels like celebrating an afternoon shit that was less painful than the 9am endeavour.

The guy can crack out a decent brace of 3 minute songs each year. He can barely hold onto a coherent thought for an hour. There is zero chance that he’ll release a solid album without an intervention.

The Life of Pablo done/not done revisions and reuploads felt like a tortured artist pursuing perfection. It was really just the initial/mid stages of a mental breakdown.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The first 2 (and a bit) parts of the doc were phenomenal, largely for all the footage they had - But still rather well put together and paced.

Rather fittingly, the more recent stuff fizzled out into an unfocused and indulgent ending.

All the recent Pete Davidson stuff is the smallest dick energy I’ve ever seen from a world famous billionaire who can sell out massive arenas just to stand still in a stocking…

Bosws87

Just watched the first episode of the Netflix documentary, its great seeing all the footage from when he was first coming up the guys talent is amazing.

The random freestyles he jumps into are really cool and when he's bowling about roc-a-fella records playing all falls down to anyone that will listen.

Seems amazing he found it so hard to get signed as that song is one of my all time faves and an absolute classic imo.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just watched the first episode of the Netflix documentary, its great seeing all the footage from when he was first coming up the guys talent is amazing.

The random freestyles he jumps into are really cool and when he's bowling about roc-a-fella records playing all falls down to anyone that will listen.

Seems amazing he found it so hard to get signed as that song is one of my all time faves and an absolute classic imo.
It was weird watching that footage because we know how his career panned and the dizzying heights he reached, but I felt really bad for him watching him be this awkward guy faffing about in that office with nobody taking seriously.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Young Kanye was so relatable man.

Watching the doc it reminded me why I loved listening to his early stuff so much.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

He's playing them a stone cold hit and they couldn't be less interested.