Kanye West why?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tried watching his interview but didn't make it through. He's a moron and a delusional one at that.

Hamnat

No longer considered a billionaire after Adidas dumped him. Turns out he needed them more than they did.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Their lawyers and accountants have to be running all the numbers to make sure they can afford the break
Why would 70 year old globally renowned sportswear company adidas not be able to afford breaking with a man who makes impressionist rubber dinghy shoes that only idiots buy? It can’t have been more than 1% of their business. Probably 0.5.*

* granted that’s still probably, like, a shit tonne of money, but it’s not like his fecking Kryptonian crocs are keeping them afloat or anything.

Last edited:

Hamnat

Why would 70 year old globally renowned sportswear company adidas not be able to afford breaking with a man who makes impressionist rubber dinghy shoes that only idiots buy? It can’t have been more than 1% of their business. Probably 0.5.
Adidas Terminates Partnership With Kanye West at a Cost of $246 Million

Yes the days/week or so it took looks bad. But as a business they HAVE to look at the best way to deal with a loss like that. Is there any way to mitigate, can they sue him for some of it breach of contract etc. They even included in their statements they retain ownerships of all the designs. So even if another company would touch him he cant reproduce them anywhere. Which is why you meet and strategize on response.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Why would 70 year old globally renowned sportswear company adidas not be able to afford breaking with a man who makes impressionist rubber dinghy shoes that only idiots buy? It can’t have been more than 1% of their business. Probably 0.5.*

* granted that’s still probably, like, a shit tonne of money, but it’s not like his fecking Kryptonian crocs are keeping them afloat or anything.
More like 10%. The Yeezy brand brought in $2 billion a year to Adidas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/10/25/adidas-kanye-west-partnership-ends/

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Adidas sell 2 billion dollars worth of shoes that look worse than these?

The world has gone mad.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I genuinely judge anyone I ever see wearing any kind of Yeezy, but the foam runner and the slide are the worst for sure.
A few of the 700s (I think?) are passable but most are hideous and cut an awful silhouette.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He’s also hemorrhaging athletes like Donald from his Donda agency…

Vapor trail

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I genuinely judge anyone I ever see wearing any kind of Yeezy, but the foam runner and the slide are the worst for sure.
How do they even walk in those? Again if there ever was a zombie apocalypse they'd die first because they definitely can't outrun zombies while wearing those things.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I hope he fades away into obscurity and then resurfaces in three years on that show with the middle-aged women on it to talk about how this was a really difficult time in his life and he's doing better now that he's sober and/or medicating himself properly, and that he's sorry for his outrageous comments and doesn't even recognise the Kanye who said it.

Doesn't feel like its going that way though.

Wing Attack Plan R

He is bipolar and probably schizophrenic. It’s not just the ravings of a self-involved moron, it’s his brain short circuiting. So while it’s tempting to laugh at this obnoxious oaf, it’s probably more decent to hope he gets the mental health help he needs , stat, because the way he’s acting lately ends only one way (bang).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He is bipolar and probably schizophrenic. It’s not just the ravings of a self-involved moron, it’s his brain short circuiting. So while it’s tempting to laugh at this obnoxious oaf, it’s probably more decent to hope he gets the mental health help he needs , stat, because the way he’s acting lately ends only one way (bang).
The problem is his fame. Bi-polar people should be admitted into an institution when they're severly manic. Not applauded on Twitter and invited to spout their madness on (inter)national television.

You can't entirely attribute his world view on this though. The more crazy and incoherent stuff, sure, but not everything.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It takes him forever to put a sentence together in the interviews I’ve seen him do. Has he always been like this?

AlPistacho

The problem is his fame. Bi-polar people should be admitted into an institution when they're severly manic. Not applauded on Twitter and invited to spout their madness on (inter)national television.

You can't entirely attribute his world view on this though. The more crazy and incoherent stuff, sure, but not everything.
That’s the problem someone with his level of fame will always reach the 1% who agree with his delusion and tweet stuff like “Kanye is aware” “Kanye knows the truth” etc might only be 1% but adds up to 100000s of likes and comments that then just further vindicates him.

In another sitting. What he tweets or says on public, he’d be saying to a trained professional who will listen and then slowly challenge/question what he says.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It honestly seems like this is what Kanye wanted out of this, I mean he was basically daring Adidas to get rid of him.
He has a god complex. He genuinely thinks he's untouchable, why would Adidas not want to work with a god?

Of course now he will blame this all on the Jews... it's all getting very weird.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I've had interactions with people who are schizophrenic and they are rarely this coherent. Their thoughts vacillate between several unrelated things but they are hardly capable of making a structured argument against anything, let alone anti-semitic or racist rants. I've listened to Kanye's interview with Lex Friedman and while the streaks of delusion are in line with schizophrenia, that is something he's always had in him, like calling himself this generations Einstein even when he was functioning at a high level, making music, designing clothes, shoes and running a studio in Good Music. Unfortunately, I think he's a lot more accountable for his thoughts than you would think. Lex does a wonderful job of correcting his statements but its clear that Kanye is deliberately pursuing an agenda. He spends a lot thought on manhood and dick size and the fact that Pete Davidson is sporting an anaconda and fecking Kim might have destroyed him.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Ironically a company that was started by the nazis is parting company with a man who is being a nazi.

Half way through his interview with NORE on Drink Champs, Yeezo (pun?) the guy talks like he has Tourettes just blurting out random words while the rest sit their and bow down like he’s of any importance. Talks about God all the time but is probably one of the most arrogant fkrs on the planet.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Doubt that Sketchers would be too keen to establish a future relationship with Ye…

Stacks

I've had interactions with people who are schizophrenic and they are rarely this coherent. Their thoughts vacillate between several unrelated things but they are hardly capable of making a structured argument against anything, let alone anti-semitic or racist rants. I've listened to Kanye's interview with Lex Friedman and while the streaks of delusion are in line with schizophrenia, that is something he's always had in him, like calling himself this generations Einstein even when he was functioning at a high level, making music, designing clothes, shoes and running a studio in Good Music. Unfortunately, I think he's a lot more accountable for his thoughts than you would think. Lex does a wonderful job of correcting his statements but its clear that Kanye is deliberately pursuing an agenda. He spends a lot thought on manhood and dick size and the fact that Pete Davidson is sporting an anaconda and fecking Kim might have destroyed him.
surely its a spectrum and not one size fits all. I feel that he cannot always relate what he wants to say properly.