Karamoko Dembele

Red00012

Remember this 12/13 year old sensation from YouTube ?
He made his debut for Celtic yesterday at the age of 16.

Watched him in the Scottish Youth final v Rangers as well, it looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more of him.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Not another bloody Dembele :houllier:.
At least his first name isn't Moussa this time.

Looks like he had a very promising debut at the age of 16.

I mean, it's incredible that he's playing top-flight football at that age, yes, even in Scotland.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I mean, it's incredible that he's playing top-flight football at that age, yes, even in Scotland.
Agree totally the Scottish League isn’t the best technically of course but it is a very physical league. The kid is tiny and playing against fully grown men, all the best to him and I hope he makes it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The guy looks talented. didn't look phased one bit.

I suspect we'll be seeing much more of him in the future.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Kinel, I'm going to name my son Dembele, he's bound to be a star then.

DRM

Why so many dembeles recently? Is it a popular last name in West Africa?

Classical Mechanic

Thought the Youtube hype might have been just that. I think there are better players in England u16 than him: Jamal Musiala and Jude Bellingham to name two. I mean he's good but just not the standout you'd expect from his reputation.

It will be interesting to watch his development.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Looks really talented. Could turn out to be a gem of a player. At the same time talent is only the first part of making it in the game. It will be how he deals with the pressure, fame, adulation etc. Hope he has people around him who will keep him on the right part.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Bloody good debut that. The boy had no fear and was taking on grown men gliding past them and doing cheeky back heel passes. Kid looks rapid as well. I think Celtic have a star on their hands.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Love that bit where he gets chopped and just gets back up and carries on the run. That’ll endear him to a lot of fans, no end!

Suvvernmanc

He played for the Celtic u20 team at 13 years old. His football IQ must be superb and for once it's got nothing to do with a kid having the physique of a 'man', that gives the manager the hint that the player is ready. Cant wait to see him get more minutes next season

Arnold Layne

I watched the game yesterday there were a few young players on both sides. There was another 16 year marking him for Hearts.

Mikey Johnson the scorer of Celtics two goals looked good also. Dembele was classy looking low center of gravity looked like he was gliding over the pitch at times. Celtic fans were disappointed when he stepped up to take a free but another player took it.

Arnold Layne

The Moussa that went to Lyon did the lap of honour with the squad after the presentation of the SPL trophy.

poleglass red

His balance is exceptional, there was a run he made and he got whacked fairly hard by the defender, he bounced straight back up and continued to run with the ball. No rolling around in fake agony. The other thing that stood out was how he calm he seemed. I'm sure he was nervous but he seemed so unfazed by it all. He's got that natural, kid playing football in a play ground feel about him. I'm glad that aspect hasn't been coached out of him. Love to see that in players. I've no doubt that kid will be a huge star.

UpWithRivers

Looks class. Just the profile we are looking for -James -- Greenwood --- Dembele.

Arnold Layne

His balance is exceptional, there was a run he made and he got whacked fairly hard by the defender, he bounced straight back up and continued to run with the ball. No rolling around in fake agony. The other thing that stood out was how he calm he seemed. I'm sure he was nervous but he seemed so unfazed by it all. He's got that natural, kid playing football in a play ground feel about him. I'm glad that aspect hasn't been coached out of him. Love to see that in players. I've no doubt that kid will be a huge star.
Agree 100% he played with the street footballer style . No hesitation to pass the ball he also found some great space and made runs to receive the ball like a player well beyond his years.

He looks special and I can see big clubs all over him sooner rather than later.

RedDevilRoshi

Was wondering about some of the fantastic youth players that are coming through the club and we’ve just recently signed one from Monaco in Mejbri, should we be pursuing this young lad to add to it?

I’ve seen this lad play live a few times and every time I have seen him, he just looks a fantastic talent for his age. He is technically very good, strong on the ball and his vision is second to none. His dribbling too is fantastic, the ball is virtually stuck to his feet!

Celtic gave him his U20’s debut at the age of 13. He made his 1st team debut in May against Hearts and when he came on, he looked a level above any player on the park.

SambaBoy

Yeah looks a top talent. His choice of move and when he moves will probably make or break his career at the very top level. Normally with players dominating at that age, it's due to their physical advantages which are normally negated as they get older but he's one of the smallest players at that age group yet he still runs rings round them. In addition, he's already made the step up to 5/6 years above his age group, and he's still stood out.

He should stay at Celtic till he's 17/18 and then go to a club where he can get on the periphery of the first team rather than stuck in the reserves. I can imagine clubs are tapping him up already trying to get him too move.

Classical Mechanic

It will be an interesting one to watch. For England he's only one of a few big talents in his group. He plays in his own age group and there are a few in the England side at least as good or better than him: Jude Bellingham, Louie Barry, Musiala (he's probably with Germany now) and Harvey Elliot, who was promoted up a year ahead of him.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
what position of a Dembele is he? if he's a central midfielder I'd say he'll be quality but if he's a striker he'll only be decent/good. It's the way of the Dembele.

Robbie Boy

It will be an interesting one to watch. For England he's only one of a few big talents in his group. He plays in his own age group and there are a few in the England side at least as good or better than him: Jude Bellingham, Louie Barry, Musiala (he's probably with Germany now) and Harvey Elliot, who was promoted up a year ahead of him.
You sound very confident that he’ll pick England. I mean he’s more recently represented Scotland at youth level.

Red00012

what position of a Dembele is he? if he's a central midfielder I'd say he'll be quality but if he's a striker he'll only be decent/good. It's the way of the Dembele.
I’ve only seen him play for the youths and he’s played out on the right.

Classical Mechanic

You sound very confident that he’ll pick England. I mean he’s more recently represented Scotland at youth level.
He hasn't. He's been only with England in competitive games for over a year now. He played 11 games for us last year.

I guess you're looking at his wiki page which I assume is updated by a Scottish fan as it stops recording his international appearances at the last time he played 2 friendlies for Scotland!

He could switch, even to the Ivory Coast, but the general feeling is that his first choice is England.

Robbie Boy

He hasn't. He's been only with England in competitive games for over a year now. He played 11 games for us last year.

I guess you're looking at his wiki page which I assume is updated by a Scottish fan as it stops recording his international appearances at the last time he played 2 friendlies for Scotland!

He could switch, even to the Ivory Coast, but the general feeling is that his first choice is England.

Well no, from an interview I heard from him in the last year or so I remember him saying he hasn’t made up his mind. He played for Scotland as recently as last year.

meamth

Dembele at this point is like Nguyen; used by 99% of Vietnamese population.

Just a week ago I was away covering Nestle Milo U12 Champions cup at Barcelona. All those kids from Vietnam had Nguyen printed on their back. :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Well no, from an interview I heard from him in the last year or so I remember him saying he hasn’t made up his mind. He played for Scotland as recently as last year.
From that Insta post

Looking forward to next season with the boys❄ENG16✅

He hasn't made up his mind fully like many dual nationals as they'd be stupid to put all their eggs in one basket at that stage of their career. He played two friendlies for Scotland last year but refused competitive call ups and accepted England's.

He could switch sure but as I said, the feeling is that England is his first choice, something even one of the Celtic coaches admitted.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems the English born lad has made up his mind and will play for the England youth sides as comfirmed by the player himself and the Scottish press.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From that Insta post

Looking forward to next season with the boys❄ENG16✅

He hasn't made up his mind fully like many dual nationals as they'd be stupid to put all their eggs in one basket at that stage of their career. He played two friendlies for Scotland last year but refused competitive call ups and accepted England's.

He could switch sure but as I said, the feeling is that England is his first choice, something even one of the Celtic coaches admitted.
He was born in England and will represent his birth nation from what i've read.