Karamoko Dembele

Lynty

It will be an interesting one to watch. For England he's only one of a few big talents in his group. He plays in his own age group and there are a few in the England side at least as good or better than him: Jude Bellingham, Louie Barry, Musiala (he's probably with Germany now) and Harvey Elliot, who was promoted up a year ahead of him.
Harvey Elliot looks like a prick.

Heard alot about Bellingham recently but never seen him play

Classical Mechanic

Harvey Elliot looks like a prick.

Heard alot about Bellingham recently but never seen him play
I'm sceptical of Elliot tbh, I think he's super confident but I' not sure he has enough to make it big in senior football. Bellingham is probably the pick at the moment. Made his senior debut recently aged 16 in the Carabaro Cup and did well. I think he'll play in The Championship this season.

Louie Barry just signed for Barca and is very highly rated too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is he better than United's 16 year old teen prodigy Noam Emeran (who i've never seen play) who is also a left footed wide player?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If he's good enough, he'll choose England. Why would he want to never play in a World Cup? That's what you're getting by picking Scotland. I bet Scotty McSauce is already banging his head against a wall after picking them.

Classical Mechanic

If he's good enough, he'll choose England. Why would he want to never play in a World Cup? That's what you're getting by picking Scotland. I bet Scotty McSauce is already banging his head against a wall after picking them.
Not necessarily. England lost Ola Aina and Iwobi to Nigeria when they were still prospects and had lots of England youth caps because they wanted to play for the nation of their heritage.

Ivory Coast are a pretty good international nation and have a good chance of playing at World Cups.

RedDevilRoshi

what position of a Dembele is he? if he's a central midfielder I'd say he'll be quality but if he's a striker he'll only be decent/good. It's the way of the Dembele.

Seen him play the last 2-3 years. His best natural position is a CAM but is comfortable on the right wing.

As mentioned already, if we are looking to sign the very best youth talent out there, this young lad fits the bill.

SoCross

what position of a Dembele is he? if he's a central midfielder I'd say he'll be quality but if he's a striker he'll only be decent/good. It's the way of the Dembele.
This cracked me up :lol: Think Barca Dembele might prove you wrong at some point though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Seen him play the last 2-3 years. His best natural position is a CAM but is comfortable on the right wing.

As mentioned already, if we are looking to sign the very best youth talent out there, this young lad fits the bill.
Oh he's a CAM Dembele? Definitely sign him up!

In Rainbows

I'm surprised we don't have a thread on the best English talents per generation.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s absolute top quality from what I’ve seen tbh. If we can’t get Jadon next year, I’d love us to go for him. Obviously a bit younger, but as far as RW talent goes, he looks right up there and worth waiting a couple more years for him to cook.

stepic

When was the last decent Smith in world football? Besides Alan of course

Bwuk

He’s absolute top quality from what I’ve seen tbh. If we can’t get Jadon next year, I’d love us to go for him. Obviously a bit younger, but as far as RW talent goes, he looks right up there and worth waiting a couple more years for him to cook.
He’s barely played.

The hype is the same as it was for Islam Feruz, let’s hope it ends better for him.

He’ll struggle for game time as Celtic are stacked with wingers and Lennon is a clown.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s barely played.

The hype is the same as it was for Islam Feruz, let’s hope it ends better for him.

He’ll struggle for game time as Celtic are stacked with wingers and Lennon is a clown.
Islam Feruz wasn’t the same hype I don’t think.

And he’s only 16 right? Of course he’s barely played.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It will be an interesting one to watch. For England he's only one of a few big talents in his group. He plays in his own age group and there are a few in the England side at least as good or better than him: Jude Bellingham, Louie Barry, Musiala (he's probably with Germany now) and Harvey Elliot, who was promoted up a year ahead of him.
Watching Louie Barry right now for Barca U19s v Copenhagen U19s. Scored the 1st with a nice finish. Not seen that much of him (probably 5-10 games) but looks a huge talent.

Robbie Boy

He’s barely played.

Feruz didn’t have nearly the same levels of hype or talent. And plus, Feruz definitely lacked the mentality to make it. By all accounts he seems to be an absolute idiot.

In Rainbows

Do the honors...
I don't know why, but I just don't like to create threads. I'm weird like that.

All I know is that after this generation, Shoretire and I think Liverpool's Cannonier are the two biggest talents. Could be similar to 2001 where the clear front two were Greenwood and Liverpool's Jones.

Classical Mechanic

I'm surprised we don't have a thread on the best English talents per generation.
Do the honors...
I do try to keep a thread updated with the details of the best English players @Sean_RedDevil used to to contribute a lot but doesn't seem to come on here much anymore, it got a bit slack this summer with the disappointments at youth level.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/young-lions-2018-2019.441334/page-6

I'll start one for this season.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/young-lions-2019-20.449924/

Despite the poor results this summer there are loads of really talented players to look out for, many are dual nationals so might not end up playing for England. Many have moved abroad too.

Last edited:

WelshManc

When was the last decent Smith in world football? Besides Alan of course
Matt Smith, Welsh midfielder (and on the books of City) is going to be a cracking player, already one of first names on the team sheet for me.

Bestietom

We have some excellent prospects here at United, but will they turn out to be top players.

Bestietom

Generally most will not, unless you have a truly exceptional generation. Statistically it's a very low probability event.
I agree. We've had some very good ones in the past, but never made it. Either went down the wrong path or injuries finished them off.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I do try to keep a thread updated with the details of the best English players @Sean_RedDevil used to to contribute a lot but doesn't seem to come on here much anymore, it got a bit slack this summer with the disappointments at youth level.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/young-lions-2018-2019.441334/page-6

I'll start one for this season.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/young-lions-2019-20.449924/

Despite the poor results this summer there are loads of really talented players to look out for, many are dual nationals so might not end up playing for England. Many have moved abroad too.
I'm back ;)

Luke1995

He turns 17 on February 22nd. So far, has featured in two matches this season, both coming on as a substitute.

I wonder if he will only feature more regularly in the 2020-21 season and will be limited to fewer appearances in the rest of this one ?

DVG7

He turns 17 on February 22nd. So far, has featured in two matches this season, both coming on as a substitute.

I wonder if he will only feature more regularly in the 2020-21 season and will be limited to fewer appearances in the rest of this one ?
If Celtic wrap up the league with a few games to spare, he'll get a run out. There's a few rumours that the success has already gone to his head a little bit, and he ruffled a few feathers deciding to play for England. Also rumours of PSG having first refusal on him, and he's very likely to leave for a small fee with a large sell-on clause.

Luke1995

If Celtic wrap up the league with a few games to spare, he'll get a run out. There's a few rumours that the success has already gone to his head a little bit, and he ruffled a few feathers deciding to play for England. Also rumours of PSG having first refusal on him, and he's very likely to leave for a small fee with a large sell-on clause.
I wonder why he is rated so highly at such a young age. Look what happened to Ravel Morrison... that boy needs to be well taken care of.

DVG7

I wonder why he is rated so highly at such a young age. Look what happened to Ravel Morrison... that boy needs to be well taken care of.
A lot of it is because of how good his vision was when he was 13. My friends son played with him at that age group (and still occasionally does) and they say his passing was like messi, the way he could dribble at pace and slot it in behind.

he’ll probably make it at a fairly high level, just needs the right attitude.