Karim Benzema | sweating his old fat ass off and no rescue coming from the PL awww diddums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxquux

No chance, I for one will be against any signing with back history if we throw one of our own out of the club.
Yeah, I'm all for acting in a socially-accountable way around 'that' player, and indeed anyone who plays for the club, but aside from the fact that the lead Glazers (specifically) barely possess the moral authority to judge the Yorkshire Ripper, let alone any 'lesser' alleged infractions, it's also slightly infuriating to see the double-standards that seem to apply, past and present, when it isn't a United player involved; huge clubs can employ blackmailers, people guilty of vehicular manslaughter, sexual assailants who got by on technicalities, procurers of underaged girls and the rest, and it all gets 'washed' by their fanbase and media

Rake

No chance, I for one will be against any signing with back history if we throw one of our own out of the club.
What is his back story that has you riled up?

From footballing standpoint he is near perfect player. Can lead the line, delivers in big games, free signing, will facilitate introducing a younger striker in the team (which is supposedly EtH's plan). Man is a proven winner.

LARulz

He's going to be paid like 200k a day. You'd be absolutely mental to turn that down

the_cliff

If Kane does move to Real (Spur not going to sell him to us anyway), perhaps we could try to make a move for Benzema instead?

Incoming Benzema and Hojlund this summer, that would be the experience and young strikers ETH is looking for.

He would come without a fee too, which would be good for us. And he could also hang out with his old mates (Varane and Casemiro) here. Seems could be a perfect move for all parties.
The reason he's leaving is because he's been offered 200 mill for 2 seasons in Saudi....

If he wanted a normal salary he'd stay at Madrid...

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A shame, he still had a year or two left in him at this level, but I guess you've got to be a fool to pass on that kind of cash.

dinostar77

Cant blame him with those finanicals on offer. Would have loved to see him in PL even for a single season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If Kane does move to Real (Spur not going to sell him to us anyway), perhaps we could try to make a move for Benzema instead?

Incoming Benzema and Hojlund this summer, that would be the experience and young strikers ETH is looking for.

He would come without a fee too, which would be good for us. And he could also hang out with his old mates (Varane and Casemiro) here. Seems could be a perfect move for all parties.
Surely the only reason he's leaving Real is because he's being offered absolutely stupid money in Saudi Arabia. We couldn't (and shouldn't) even try to compete with that.

croadyman

Surely the only reason he's leaving Real is because he's being offered absolutely stupid money in Saudi Arabia. We couldn't (and shouldn't) even try to compete with that.
Yeah he was always gonna take that offer

slored1

I know he's going to Saudis but I would take him here for a year.

Abraxas

Can't blame him at all.

Yes he's probably got a year still left at the top level in Europe, but he's really getting up there in age. He's probably feeling it in his body at this stage. He'll know the full situation of how he's feeling, it's not like it's something he probably would have done years ago. It's time to cash out and play an easy standard of football. A big reason he'll be getting such a lucrative offer is his current standing. If you go elsewhere in Europe and fade away you're not quite the draw to the Saudis.

Nero

No more getting weak at the knees for mid 30s players with a star name.

The_Midfielder

They will go for Kane. They might be able to get him for < 100M
Kane would be stupid to not go

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
that 21/22 year will go down as one of the greatest individual seasons for a player (not called Ronaldo or Messi) that I can remember in all my time watching football.

Traub

I remember watching him against us back in his Lyon days as a youngster. Made an absolute mug of Rio in Lyon (probably selective memory), you just knew he was destined for greatness.

Adamsk7

I’d take him. He’s still fantastic. For a year he’d do an amazing job up front for us. The smart move is Benzema for free now and Kane for free next year. I don’t think Levy is letting Kane go for less than £100m and I don’t think anyone is paying that either

Rusholme Ruffian

I’d take him. He’s still fantastic. For a year he’d do an amazing job up front for us. The smart move is Benzema for free now and Kane for free next year. I don’t think Levy is letting Kane go for less than £100m and I don’t think anyone is paying that either
Benzema is going for the money - unless you want us to pay him £200 million a year then I doubt he's got much interest in scrapping in the Premier League for a season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
WOW, 200m a year!! Crazy sums but at 35 years of age, having achieved everything possible as a footballer, you can't blame him for going there.

flappyjay

Apparently this leaves them with Vinicius and Rodrygo as attacking options after Asencio, Marian, hazard and Benzema left. We need to get ourselves a striker ASAP. Madrid has a shortage of forwards.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There is a typo on his shirt, it says Benzema instead of Blingzema.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When you earn that much money, you can afford to hire someone to make sure you don't pay (much) tax.
He means that there are literally no income taxes. You don't need to hire someone.

united for life

Fantastic opportunity for him financially. At 35, with his best years behind him and having achieved what he did in his career, seems like the perfect move for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.