Karl Pilkington: Supporting United is like having a tortoise as a pet

Marcky411

Talk about a short and accurate summary of our football under Jose. I really thought we were back under Moyes and LvG, but at the moment I think we are worse under Jose. Where do we go from here, really don't know, Ed and the board aren't quite ready to sack Jose so we will just have to sit out this ride till he gets sacked, because he will get sacked this season.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I'm sure most of the United fans on this website wish they could switch to City too Karl (Well, those who haven't already).
Feck that City are boring in the other extreme.

Most money spent on youth development with no intention to develop youth. Most money on the manager, most money on the players. And all this money with no history, no growth, no developed passion.

And for all the above attempt at pressing the kill switch they are still occassionally getting found out, still flopping in CL.

Ironically the team I would most switch to this season is the team I have deep rooted hate for and that is Liverpool. Their fans were all wankers growing up, back stabbing wankers, arrogant, just nasty horrible people. So Liverpool for me is personal.

The reason I say swapping and I say that uncomfortably is they have the most enjoyable brand of football, the best blend of youth and experience. They remind me of a SAF United. And the money they have spent is predominantly earnt. And hate the fans or not their fans are certainly some of the noisiest in stadiums.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Absolutely made up there are so many XFM fans on here. Reading the comments has made my morning, so much so I'm going to download the entire back catalogue.

friedeggden

Supports
Liverpool
Karl Pilkington is an absolute bell. Makes a career out of playing the idiot and pretending he doesn't know why food is spicy in other countries.

Chairman Steve

He’s not wrong. I’m also glad this thread was full of XFM references back when Karl was fresh and we didn’t know that he affected his incompetence for comedic effect and back when Ricky Gervais was the fat funny down to earth guy and not the slimmer opinionated unfunny loon we have now, who Fat Ricky would have dismissed as a dickhead.

Ed9

Don't talk to strangers and don't support Liverpool. I love this bloke!

Last edited by a moderator:

alsabi

On the plus side, if Aesop has taught me anything it's that tortoises beat hares in the end.

0le

I can relate to the "oh yeah" bit responding to the gf haha.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“Alex Ferguson, when did he ever score a goal? He doesn’t, he tells the others how to do it.”

Paul_Scholes18

Under LVG yes. The football was so slow at times and there was barely any movement up front.

Rish Sawhney

Kind of only just occurred to me now but life under Ole must have been an eye-opener to all those people saying “I don’t care about results, so long as we play attacking football”. How’s that working out for ye?
It’s pretty good for me when we do play attacking football. The problem is when we play good attacking football we usually win. When we don’t win we look gaff and don’t play attacking football. It’s not like Tottenham under Ramos losing games 4-3 or Liverpool in early Klopp years. So I don’t think it really applies.

PS: Also I think everyone knew we were coming into the season with a depleted squad and we’re still well in the running for top 4 with a much easier run in on paper than our rivals. So all in all we’re performing about what I expected. I think we’ll be solidly top 4 next season on the periphery of the title race and then a proper challenge the year after.

Cloud7

Kind of only just occurred to me now but life under Ole must have been an eye-opener to all those people saying “I don’t care about results, so long as we play attacking football”. How’s that working out for ye?
It's been good when we actually play attacking football, and a lot of games when we've actually been attacking we've done fairly well. It's hard to think of many times when we played attacking football and ended up losing. In fact most of our bad results tend to coincide with when we play awful.

fezzerUTD

It's been good when we actually play attacking football, and a lot of games when we've actually been attacking we've done fairly well. It's hard to think of many times when we played attacking football and ended up losing. In fact most of our bad results tend to coincide with when we play awful.
Im sure we play attacking football against all the lesser teams and struggle. And yet against the top sides barring Liverpool we play on the counter and play well/win. Or am I wrong?

Paul_Scholes18

Im sure we play attacking football against all the lesser teams and struggle. And yet against the top sides barring Liverpool we play on the counter and play well/win. Or am I wrong?
Nope we are better on the counter. Not so great at breaking teams down. We will see if it change now with players back.

Ed9

Ages ago, United had only 10 players fit, the big game is coming. For some reason, there was a chimp knockin' about...

klayton88

Ages ago, United had only 10 players fit, the big game is coming. For some reason, there was a chimp knockin' about...
They are giving the oranges out at half time and this new signing, who's happens to be really hairy, asks for a banana instead.

klayton88

He had a grin on his face but was so fast people could only see a blur.
He was always grooming the other players in the showers but they just thought he was trying to fit in as the new player.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He was funny before he was a celebrity, working the desk for Gervais and Merchant on XFM radio.

These days he just seems to be a caricature of his old self.
He's just not the same person. He was ignorant and uneducated before Ricky. Ricky made him read books, broaden his horizons by traveling and taking him out of his comfort zone. He always had interesting thoughts but now they don't come from the same bizarre place. In short, he's become wiser.

jungledrums

He was funny before he was a celebrity, working the desk for Gervais and Merchant on XFM radio.

These days he just seems to be a caricature of his old self.
Yeah agreed. He was hilarious when Merchant and Gervais took the piss out of him. It’s a bit contrived now.

RUCK4444

Yeah agreed. He was hilarious when Merchant and Gervais took the piss out of him. It’s a bit contrived now.
See I’ve always felt it was a contrived, exaggerated interpretation of a miserable fella, and not a very believable one at that.

Bored sh!tless of him now.

RUCK4444

He's just not the same person. He was ignorant and uneducated before Ricky. Ricky made him read books, broaden his horizons by traveling and taking him out of his comfort zone. He always had interesting thoughts but now they don't come from the same bizarre place. In short, he's become wiser.
You don’t believe this do you?

He was literally just a miserable fecker that Ricky and Merchent decided to exaggerate for television.

His ‘outlook and opinions’ we’re just a forced result of him playing that part for TV.