Music Kasabian

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Album has grown on me a lot. I take back my earlier comments. glass is a cracking tune.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Pre-sale for their UK tour started at 9AM.

I got 3 tickets for Manchester (seated block 102). That night also happens to be my birthday :D

Anyone else bought some?
I got tickets for the monday show and the late one on the Saturday (I think) at Brixton. Was limited to 4 per customer on pre-sale which scuppered things a bit. Though 5 nights at a decent smallish venue beats one or two dates in a big feck off hall/field, imo.

JmRssll555

I managed to get three tickets for the Hydro, 19th November. I'm very pleased, since it's the first time I've managed in the last three or four attempts to get popular tickets on Ticketmaster.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Saw them tonight.

Still really good, but it became apparent their new stuff barring one or two songs isn't up to the same standard as what's gone previously. Felt like filler that had been put in to string out the better songs.

Plus they played Bow, which is my favourite from the new album, but changed it into some crap piano pop song and basically butchered it...can't complain too much though, since they were still better than 90% of other live bands around.

The Maccabees on the other hand owe my ears 30 minutes of their life back...during one of their songs some bloke kept talking to me, and I couldn't hear a word he was saying so just nodded and agreed, and then he'd say something again with a slightly more puzzled than previously look on his face. After he finally left my girlfriend informed me he was asking me if I had any drugs to sell.

Oggmonster

Saw them tonight.

Still really good, but it became apparent their new stuff barring one or two songs isn't up to the same standard as what's gone previously. Felt like filler that had been put in to string out the better songs.

Plus they played Bow, which is my favourite from the new album, but changed it into some crap piano pop song and basically butchered it...can't complain too much though, since they were still better than 90% of other live bands around.

The Maccabees on the other hand owe my ears 30 minutes of their life back...during one of their songs some bloke kept talking to me, and I couldn't hear a word he was saying so just nodded and agreed, and then he'd say something again with a slightly more puzzled than previously look on his face. After he finally left my girlfriend informed me he was asking me if I had any drugs to sell.
How long were Kasabian on for? Going seeing them in a few weeks. Looking forward to it! I agree their new album isn't as good as the old stuff but is still good.

Not really a big fan of the Maccabees myself, the only songs I like are love You Better and Ayla, the rest is pretty average in my opinion.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
How long were Kasabian on for? Going seeing them in a few weeks. Looking forward to it! I agree their new album isn't as good as the old stuff but is still good.

Not really a big fan of the Maccabees myself, the only songs I like are love You Better and Ayla, the rest is pretty average in my opinion.
They were on for about an hour and three quarters, and got through plenty of songs. Even if you didn't like the new stuff at all there'd be enough in there to keep you happy. A few of the new songs are really good live, others just don't have the same energy.

The Maccabees just sounded like a generic support band to me. We got there fairly early though and the place was already rammed so they must have a fair few fans...either that or people just turned up earlier because they'd actually heard of them

Oggmonster

They were on for about an hour and three quarters, and got through plenty of songs. Even if you didn't like the new stuff at all there'd be enough in there to keep you happy. A few of the new songs are really good live, others just don't have the same energy.

The Maccabees just sounded like a generic support band to me. We got there fairly early though and the place was already rammed so they must have a fair few fans...either that or people just turned up earlier because they'd actually heard of them
Ah cheers! Plenty of time for them, I saw them a few years ago and they were really good live. Stuff like Bumblebee I could imagine being good live off the new album.

Yeah they're a bit generic The Maccabees, it's all a bit samey. I'm surprised they're supporting Kasabian really as it's not exactly a similar type of music.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Seeing them next Monday, think you know what you're gonna get with Kasabian, they're one of the best live acts out there.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Seen them three times live and they were amazing each time. Live Earth at Wembley, Plymouth Pavilions and at the Millennium stadium where they were the support act to Oasis. They were actually better than Oasis. Obviously each to their own, but for me they are definitely one of the best live rock bands around. If anyone is off to see them for the first time, you are definitely in for a treat.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's a testament to how good they are live that those who do see 'em, more often than not, return to see 'em again. It'll be my fifth or sixth time on Monday, first time I'll be seeing them indoors though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's a testament to how good they are live that those who do see 'em, more often than not, return to see 'em again. It'll be my fifth or sixth time on Monday, first time I'll be seeing them indoors though.
I've listened to a lot more stuff of theirs lately but didn't see them when they were in Glasgow. People who did go said it was one of the best live performances they've seen, which I can imagine since a lot of their stuff is tailored to being played live anyway.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I've listened to a lot more stuff of theirs lately but didn't see them when they were in Glasgow. People who did go said it was one of the best live performances they've seen, which I can imagine since a lot of their stuff is tailored to being played live anyway.
Agreed. Although I love their albums they sound much better live. They also tailor their act to suit the venue. They rocked Wembley and the Millennium Stadium and when I saw them in Plymouth (2000 capacity) they played a more personal set. It's hard to explain, they obviously played the same tunes, they just seemed to be having more fun with it all.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Hahahahahahaha.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The new album is really good. I'm a sucker for melodies and this album has some really strong ones.

Good Fight, Put Your Life On It, You're in Love with a Psycho, Bless This Acid House standout tracks for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think I just grew out of Kasabian, like pretty much every other indie band.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
First album was decent, but that was 13 years ago. I sometimes forget how long they've been around.

John_Jensen

Underdog is a great song. Love it.

Very talented band. Check out their cover of Sunny Days. Sergio Pizzorno is an extremely talented guitarist and song writer.

Comes across as the lost member of Spinal Tap.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think I just grew out of Kasabian, like pretty much every other indie band.
Like wise, a lot of bands in their genre are dying out now. The whole lad rock fad is nearly at an end thankfully.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They're a great live band and their first album's still up their as one of my favourites...and a couple of the oothers were decent too. Although it's very much switch your brain off music.

Don't really like this one though. Not sure if I've grown out of them or if they've just kind of grown out of themselves. They don't sound like they used to but they don't really sound like anything else either. It's like they're just trying things in the hope something will work.

Plus, they are a bunch of fecking weirdos.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Most of the time I didn't like their new releases until they grew up on me, with the exceptions of their first and third album so I don't know about this one. It has some songs I like but as a whole iI don't know what to make of it.

Think this is the best song of the album.

Sergio Pizzorno is an extremely talented guitarist and song writer.
And he also seems to be a decent footballer!

Anyway I would like him to make more songs like this.

Relfy

They've had some great tracks and some solid albums, great live band too. Need to check this new album out. One of the last indie bands standing.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
The new album is a grower for sure, after a few cycles I love it and it's one of their best. 'Put Your Life On It' is outstanding and very Beatles like for me. 'Good Fight' 'Wasted' and 'Bless This Acid House' are few other great tracks. The album is better than 'Empire' 'Velociraptor' and '48:13'. This is a very grown up Kasabian album with no real stadium anthem in there but I would recommend it.

Great band live if you get chance to see them do it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I wonder what happened in the last two weeks. Tom was talking about potentially working on a new album a few weeks ago.

I know of his previous mental health struggles and stuff but it doesn't quite make sense IMO.

Massive shame though, one of the best live acts I've seen.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Hard to replace the sound of a band when your front man goes. Will be interesting to see where Kasabian go after this!
I think it will push Serg to get on with more of his solo stuff.

I hope that if/when Tom gets his life back on track to it they'll get back together and smash another one out the park.