Kashmir

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
India is already in multiple pieces. What's there in the Union list, economy, foreign policy and defense. Rest of the rules the states are making for themselves. Andhra just passed a law reserving 75% of jobs for locals. Most states have domicile laws which prevent outsiders from buying land there. Kerala, West Bengal allow slaughter of cows. Karnataka wanted to have their own flag. Indian states enjoy huge autonomy.
What's your problem with the slaughter of cows?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The two nation theory is a recent construct and was first propounded in the 20th century by Savarkar of the Hindu Mahasabha and later adopted by Jinnah of the Muslim League. It is also interesting to note that in pre-independence elections the Hindu Mahasabha and Muslim League allied with each other to form govt's in various states in undivided India. Scummy hypocrite bastards, both of them. They were also traitors as both of them were the lackeys of the British.
Yeah this isn't accurate history but one of those narratives that go around.

No it wasnt a british thing. India (this whole region ) was never meant to be one nation. Never was and never possible can be

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
What's your problem with the slaughter of cows?
Thats an odd question, aren't you Indian?
Ladakh leaders urge Centre for tribal-area status to protect land, identity
Though locals have welcomed the Centre’s decision to revoke Article 370 and make Ladakh a Union territory, they fear the influx of outsiders would lead to a change in the region’s demography

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ladakh-leaders-urge-centre-for-tribal-area-
status-to-protect-land-identity/article29125320.ece
Both Ladakh and Jammu, Kashmir will get laws protecting land. This entire protest is just a storm in a teacup. I mean Himachal Pradesh has them, there's no reason why J&K won't get them.
By the way I'm surprised no one has posted that the landlines/mobiles have been restored and schools, offices will open tomorrow.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...lines-restored-curbs-eased-1581866-2019-08-17

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

Both Ladakh and Jammu, Kashmir will get laws protecting land. This entire protest is just a storm in a teacup. I mean Himachal Pradesh has them, there's no reason why J&K won't get them.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...lines-restored-curbs-eased-1581866-2019-08-17
So you’re saying govt has abolished Art 35A only to restore it back again. Are you serious?

By the way I'm surprised no one has posted that the landlines/mobiles have been restored and schools, offices will open tomorrow.
Restrictions Reimposed in Srinagar After Protests, Clashes With Police
https://thewire.in/rights/restrictions-reimposed-in-srinagar-after-protests-clashes-with-police

fishfingers15

Indians are all against cow slaughter?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Indians are all against cow slaughter?
Most Indians are. And the ones that aren't know that it's a crime in most of India. Interestingly there are cow protection laws even in Kashmir. Though I don't know if they're going to be applicable any more.
So you’re saying govt has abolished Art 35A only to restore it back again. Are you serious?

Restrictions Reimposed in Srinagar After Protests, Clashes With Police
https://thewire.in/rights/restrictions-reimposed-in-srinagar-after-protests-clashes-with-police
No, I'm saying that laws which are as restrictive as the 370 provisions can easily be enacted again. Haryana is the latest state to reserve 75% of jobs for locals. That's just 25% away from 100% jobs for locals like Jammu Kashmir had. And stop bolding your titles we aren't dyslexic.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Most Indians are. And the ones that aren't know that it's a crime in most of India.
Depends who you ask. 90% of the people in my social circles would disagree with you. The government absolutely shouldn't be regulating what we can and can't eat anyway, much less to pander to idiotic religious sentiments.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Depends who you ask. 90% of the people in my social circles would disagree with you. The government absolutely shouldn't be regulating what we can and can't eat anyway, much less to pander to idiotic religious sentiments.
I'm not sure how big the dairy industry in India is but if the government wanted to enforce it, they can introduce it as a climate reform and also push for plant based milk.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Will of the majority decides what the government does. I mean surely you can see that if I want to protect cows, and you want to kill them the government has to choose a side to implement laws. I would say that the act of killing the animal that gives you her milk is idiotic, and you're perfectly in your right to hold an opposing view, as long as you don't deny my right to implement my views through my elected representatives.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
You could make the same argument against chicken.
I'm against kill of all animals that bleed so I'm in favour of any argument that stops killing of animals. But you can't make that argument for chicken, unless you're drinking chicken milk.
I'm not sure how big the dairy industry in India is but if the government wanted to enforce it, they can introduce it as a climate reform and also push for plant based milk.
Exactly, https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/12/beef-banned-university-bid-fight-climate-change/

I'm not going to derail this thread further on this topic. You all can PM/convo me your views.

MDFC Manager

Will of the majority decides what the government does. I mean surely you can see that if I want to protect cows, and you want to kill them the government has to choose a side to implement laws. I would say that the act of killing the animal that gives you her milk is idiotic, and you're perfectly in your right to hold an opposing view, as long as you don't deny my right to implement my views through my elected representatives.
I see your point but I think it's idiotic for a government to impose social and cultural rules which pander to a majority while impacting a minority or vice versa. Beef eating isn't new to the region either.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
The majority of the population won't care as much if you try to introduce cow slaughter reforms as a way to curb climate change, and even far less so if it's about pushing plant based milk. Nothing incites voting fever as stoking religious sentiments, unfortunately.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
The will of the majority should be implemented, of course, but not if the country pretends to be a secular democracy and implements laws based purely to pander to religious vote banks.

As far as slaughtering cows that give milk, that's not a thing. Dairy/milch cows are a different breed from cows that are bred to be slaughtered. The lack of knowledge among the masses further compounds issues like this one.

fishfingers15

Just hope eap reads this pile of shit and things twice before posting modi got elected because of strong governance.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Most Indians are also hypocrites. Happy to eat chicken, lamb, fish, mutton, etc while singing "gau humaari mata hai, humko kuch nahi aata hai"
Let's see what the founder father of hindutva has to say about this.

On the position of the cow Savarkar deviated sharply not just from Gandhi but from the majority of his co-religionists. During his forced stay in Ratnagiri, he came across an article in the Marathi daily Bhaala in which the editor had posed the question “Who is a Hindu?” and answered it himself by declaring that a Hindu was “one who regards the cow as his mother”. Savarkar felt compelled to react. “If the cow’s a mother to anyone at all, it’s the bullock,” he wrote in a piece for the Marathi journal Kirloskar. ‘Not the Hindus. If Hindutva is to sustain itself on a cow’s legs, it’ll come crashing down at the slightest hint of a crisis.’

The cow was a highly useful animal but its worship made no sense, he said, arguing that humans could possibly consider as a divine being someone with superhuman qualities but certainly not an “out-and-out animal” inferior to humankind. It was time to abandon the “naive practice” of “gau-poojan” also because it was nothing short of “buddhi hatya” or “murder of the intellect”.

https://scroll.in/article/933995/if...tll-crash-at-the-hint-of-a-crisis-vd-savarkar

fishfingers15

The will of the majority should be implemented, of course, but not if the country pretends to be a secular democracy and implements laws based purely to pander to religious vote banks.

As far as slaughtering cows that give milk, that's not a thing. Dairy/milch cows are a different breed from cows that are bred to be slaughtered. The lack of knowledge among the masses further compounds issues like this one.
One fine day, loons like thatsgreat will think convert everyone back to Hinduism and 4 years later, it would be a majority opinion because idiots band together and idli eating muppets like EAP would think 'It's the economy stupid' and suddenly voila, don't you be stopping my fundamental right to enact laws through my lawfully elected fascist MLA and the rest of us would be like 'Oh feck, it's the majoriteeee'.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Just hope eap reads this pile of shit and things twice before posting modi got elected because of strong governance.
One fine day, loons like thatsgreat will think convert everyone back to Hinduism and 4 years later, it would be a majority opinion because idiots band together and idli eating muppets like EAP would think 'It's the economy stupid' and suddenly voila, don't you be stopping my fundamental right to enact laws through my lawfully elected fascist MLA and the rest of us would be like 'Oh feck, it's the majoriteeee'.
Chill a bit. Most of people I know who voted for Modi also refused to vote for Advani in 2009. Being a Hindu notwithstanding, pretty much everyone in my family/extended family/circle etc would be happy if Modi stuck with the economic agenda and forgot the hindutva totally (but this is not a realistic expectation). It is nearing a point where the hindutva nonsense is tipping over the potential economic agenda and I would have no qualms voting Modi out of power.

fishfingers15

Chill a bit. Most of people I know who voted for Modi also refused to vote for Advani in 2009. Being a Hindu notwithstanding, pretty much everyone in my family/extended family/circle etc would be happy if Modi stuck with the economic agenda and forgot the hindutva totally (but this is not a realistic expectation). It is nearing a point where the hindutva nonsense is tipping over the potential economic agenda and I would have no qualms voting Modi out of power.
That's beside the point. You said modi came to power because of economic agenda. Your family may vote because of economy but it would be beyond stupid to assume it holds good for everyone

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
It isn't nearing that point, we've surpassed that point and then some. Anyone who can't see that is kidding themselves. Is India in desperate need of economic reforms and development? Yes. But at what cost?

Suv666

Jaysus the state of this post

VJ1762

Looks like terrorists are getting ready. Source: https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/let-terrorists-tamil-nadu-sri-lanka-intel-1590664-2019-08-23

An alert has been issued in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu after a group of six Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists have entered Tamil Nadu through Sri Lanka, according to an intel report.

The alert, which has been issued in the city, says that the group consists of one Pakistan national and five Sri Lankan Tamils.

Based on this alert, Chennai has also increased it patrolling forces.

The Coimbatore city police has released photographs of two possible suspects who have intruded Tamil Nadu.

The Chennai Commissioner of Police has said that based on this alert, patrolling forces have been increased and necessary precautions have been put in place.

The DGP(Director general of Police) has instructed that in the entire state, storming operations should be conducted which include:

- Lodge checks
- Vehicle check for explosives and arms
- Intensification of patrols and checking
- Checking of guards at sensitive/critical installations
- Keeping a look out for miscreants
- Preventive arrests of bad characters
- Checking at railway stations, bus stands and airports
- Checking of guards and TPF in temples

Earlier, intelligence reports had suggested that Pakistan was planning to deploy Afghan terrorists in Kashmir.

After the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, intelligence reports suggested that these terrorists are ready to infiltrate Kashmir from terror launchpads in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).

VJ1762

Yeah this isn't accurate history but one of those narratives that go around

No it wasnt a british thing. India (this whole region ) was never meant to be one nation. Never was and never possible can be
This. Reminds me of the time when an American friend exclaimed ,"you don't speak Hindiii!". I told him that India is like a mini europe with many different languages and culture. People of different regions had to band together out of necessity to kick out the colonisers, but there are deep linguistic, religious and caste divisions in the country. The 'One country, one language, hindustani' propaganda of the BJP is only going to worsen an already fractured union.