Katie Hopkins gets PermaBan from Twitter

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
On the one hand this is great and also that Trump is also getting warned but twitter.

But in reality is it simply real evidence that the hate rhetoric has jacked up several levels versus an already high and unacceptable level since Trump and BrExit was voted for. That even the foul vicious world of Twitter can’t handle this level of insanely nutty divisive baiting opinion?

Is this symbolic in any way?

Last edited:

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Of course she does....Being controversial and causing conflict is how she earns her money.

Red Stone

Isn't this her second permaban? She'll probably be back. She's like herpes, except worse.

Scrumpet

There are no words
On the one hand this is great and also that Trump is also getting warned but twitter.

But in reality is it simply real evidence that the hate rhetoric has jacked up a several levels versus an already high level since Trump and BrExit was voted for. That even the foul vicious world of Twitter can’t handle their insanely divisive baiting and opinions?

Is this symbolic in any way?
No

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
We were just talking about Katie Hopkins and @Penna said she wondered if anyone could be so truly hateful and that maybe Hopkins only said the things she did for the money.

I'm not sure but I think that if that's the case she would be an even worse being.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Of course she does....Being controversial and causing conflict is how she earns her money.
Anyone know or want to take a guess how much she’d earn from Twitter, given the screen space she’d create for advertisers?

This financial loss will probably send her over the edge financially, given she applied for bankruptcy a while back.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We were just talking about Katie Hopkins and @Penna said she wondered if anyone could be so truly hateful and that maybe Hopkins only said the things she did for the money.

I'm not sure but I think that if that's the case she would be an even worse being.
I think she does say some things to get attention rather than actually mean them. I reckon she knew she wasn't talented or attractive enough to keep being famous in any other way and is a massive narcissist so knew that she could be the centre of attention by saying vile things.

Worth remembering that Katie Hopkins had her own show on LBC
Cause she had a large following and it was clear that people that hated her would be riled up enough to get in touch while she was on air too. I don't think that the morals of many papers/radio/tv outlets are that high and if it generates attention/clicks and they get money they're most likely willing to risk taking a punt on people like her or Farage until the pressure to get them off air gets too much.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Freedom of speech is not freedom from repercussions.
We are 20+ years into the digital age so one cannot claim ignorance not to know there is no freedom of speech on a business owned platform.
She was temporarily banned just a short while ago too.
She has no excuse whatsoever.

Not that the far right will listen to that.

Last edited:

Suv666

Cue the "PC gone mad" brigade.
Would be very hard to defend Hopkins no matter how far right you are though.
I'm surprised it took Twitter so long, should have been banned ages ago.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Funny how left-wing controversialists don't get similar media opportunities as the likes of Hopkins do (or rather, did)...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In case anyone missed one of the finest moments in YouTube and Twitter history.

Irrational.

She should be held in the same contempt as hate-preachers radicalising the right wing.

Hope the oxygen thief disappears from all forms of media into nothingness.

Infra-red

She's a professional troll.

Rather like Alex Jones, I suspect she doesn't believe even half of the ludicrous things she says, but has found it financially lucrative to continue to say them.

The best way to end the career of someone like her, is to completely ignore everything she says. Don't get angry, don't write hit pieces about her, don't abuse her on social media. Everyone should simply ignore her. Starving her of controversy is like starving her of oxygen.

Bojan11

She's a professional troll.

Rather like Alex Jones, I suspect she doesn't believe even half of the ludicrous things she says, but has found it financially lucrative to continue to say them.

The best way to end the career of someone like her, is to completely ignore everything she says. Don't get angry, don't write hit pieces about her, don't abuse her on social media. Starving her of controversy is like starving her of oxygen.
Or I got a better idea.

Just get rid of her platform. Your ideas are amazing. But sadly there’s a lot of people who take the stuff she says seriously even if she doesn’t. I personally think she does after seeing that clip of her on this morning for the first time. She’s just bat shit crazy.

Infra-red

Or I got a better idea.

Just get rid of her platform. Your ideas are amazing. But sadly there’s a lot of people who take the stuff she says seriously even if she doesn’t. I personally think she does after seeing that clip of her on this morning for the first time. She’s just bat shit crazy.
Yes, I'm all for removing her, as long as it is permanent.

Unfortunately, in the short term, I don't think she'll be the least bit bothered about it, because the Twitter ban affords her the perfect opportunity to do the rounds on the talk shows (£££) and crow about how she's been slaying all the libtards and snowflakes, so they had to remove her free speech etc etc.

Hopefully, once we get past that stage, and with the ban still in force, she'll begin to lose some relevance and will slowly fade away into obscurity. We just have to ignore her and she'll disappear.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Next step is handjobs behind the bins for £5 a go isn't it.

Tarrou

this is the opportune moment for everyone to just stop talking about her

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We are 20+ years into the digital age so one cannot claim ignorance not to know there is no freedom of speech on a business owned platform.
She was temporarily banned just a short while ago too.
She has no excuse whatsoever.

Not that the far right will listen to that.
They always go down the ‘censored’ route. It’s a classic move designed to make them look like they’ve been silenced for speaking truth. I wonder who else used that?

DavelinaJolie

I just got recommended a Facebook group called W.T.M.I.T.U. because my fiance's pig ignorant sister is a member. Full of thick racists and anti-vaxxers bemoaning the loss of free speech.

Better tell the missus why I unfriended her sister!

Drifter

American
I blame Alan Sugar for ever bringing this piece of garbage into the limelight. Hope she disappears into obscurity .