Katie Hopkins gets PermaBan from Twitter

DavelinaJolie

Don’t invite her to the wedding.
If we have our way there'll be no one at the wedding.

It has been instructive in a way though, she makes bad choices all the time, and despite being successfully self-employed, she wasn't prepared for the impact covid would have. Her life is out of control and she is looking for someone to blame or target her frustration and anger at instead of owning up to the choices she made and changing. I can imagine a lot of the gammons out there are in the same situation, they all fecked up at some point and instead of accepting their responsibility for their choices, they let Katie Hopkins et al lead them to easier places to displace their anger to.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is good. Not least because it will actually hurt the career she's built out of selling her shitty opinions. Obviously a lot of the shit she said was performative as it's how she makes her money but that doesn't make it any less odious. Just more cynical.

Drifter

American
Did sugar have any say in casting... thought that was bbc and basically he turned up said a few lines once a week and buggered off
It's a reality show meaning it is not real. Of course he had a say ,whatever brings the ratings.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It's a reality show meaning it is not real. Of course he had a say ,whatever brings the ratings.
Does he... its a pre existing format that talkback produce... those producers pick the people they will bring ratings... sugar is just a paid actor they think will bring ratings ... if they could have got somebody they thought would get better ratings they would have binned sugar
I doubt sugar is involved at all in what just be a long vetting process for candidates... as I say he turns up reads his script and picks up his paycheck

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Can we just all agree that she is vile without wishing death on her please? It will make modding this thread easier. Thanks.

Irrational.

What the hell is Parler?
"Parler is a non-biased, free speech social media focused on protecting user's rights."

Sounds like the kind of bullshit, unmoderated platform an extremist hate-preacher would join after complaining their "freeze peach" rights have been violated on other sites.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
"Parler is a non-biased, free speech social media focused on protecting user's rights."

Sounds like the kind of bullshit, unmoderated platform an extremist hate-preacher would join after complaining their "freeze peach" rights have been violated on other sites.
Won’t work as it’ll just be an echo chamber of hate that no self respecting person will ever join, certainly not displaying real life ID.

She won’t get access to the entire spectrum of influential organisations, media or people on other platform. Eg can’t tag Rashford to co-opt into an issue, and will forever be off Trumps radar etc.

She’ll just have a bunch like minded disturbing right wing looms for company. Eeww.

Last edited:

Fingeredmouse

Won’t work as it’ll just be an echo chamber of hate that no self respecting person will ever join, certainly not displaying real life ID.

She won’t get access to the entire spectrum of influential organisations, media or people on other platform. Eg can’t tag Rashfors to co-opt into an issue, and will forever be off Trumps radar etc.

She’ll just have a bunch like minded disturbing right wing looms for company. Eeww.
...and that'll suit her revenue stream model nicely whilst the hate ferments.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
...and that'll suit her revenue stream model nicely whilst the hate ferments.
The platform has already been auto positioned as racist Alt Right and anyone who goes onto it will be assumed to sympathise with such views, and is being called out for it. A platform ripe for doxxing.
Trump's 30% base may need somewhere to lick their wounds if he loses November election, but many of those are not digital natives.
I cant see it getting enough numbers to make it profitable. I may be wrong, but we've seen in elections that EDL type views are a tiny minority.

GiddyUp

Funny how left-wing controversialists don't get similar media opportunities as the likes of Hopkins do (or rather, did)...
I loved Alan Grayson. Anthony Weiner was good until Carlos Danger took over. Get angry over stupidity and call it when you see it. It's very much ok to call someone an absolute cnut in a polite and intelligent way.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Dunno whether it's true or not but I read that Graham Linehan's had his verification thingy revoked.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hopkins & SHS have that Benjamin Button thing going on. They look decades older than they really are.

NotThatSoph

In the Instagram video, which is no longer available to view, she said she was trying to “frighten” security guards by answering her hotel door naked
She's self-aware, I'll give her that.

Abizzz

Always a pleasure to find out one of her ilk is getting deported from anywhere.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's disgraceful that she was allowed to travel there when so many Australians can't get back home.
That point has indeed been made long and loud. Tone deaf government yet again. They could easily have denied her visa application just as they did for David Icke and other nutters.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The box jelly fish celebrated as it reclaims its title.

decorativeed

What were they thinking booking her? "Oh we could get that famous racist piece of shit on, people will like her".

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
One of a few of those people that, if this thread were bumped with the news that she has died, it would make my day that little bit better.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Doesn't this just mean she'll come back here?