Kawasaki Frontale - Caf Adopted Club | Forza Japoli

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If my second team, Manchester United, had won too, it would've been a pretty good day of football.

relx

Frnkie Sys
3 upcoming games that will define our season in the next 2 weeks - Grampus (H), Sydney (A) and Oita Trinita (A)

JonDahl

That 3rd goal was great! Sweet as a nut.

The DP celebration wasn't too bad either!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Only 1 point off second and we play 2nd placed Nagoya on Friday at 11am Uk time to leapfrog them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Only 1 point off second and we play 2nd placed Nagoya on Friday at 11am Uk time to leapfrog them.
Middle of the night for you, now is the time to truly show your dedication towards your new team :D

relx

Frnkie Sys
1-1 at home against Grampus currently; around 10 minutes plus added time left. Damiao equalised on the 69th minute

relx

Frnkie Sys
Out of the CL despite winning 4-0 against Sydney earlier :(

Shanghai SIPG won 5-0 against Ulsan

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Out of the CL despite winning 4-0 against Sydney earlier :(

Shanghai SIPG won 5-0 against Ulsan
Needed results to go our way. Inspired performance from the lads though.

pastyfool

When does their season end? Are they on bt sport ever
The last round of games for the 2019 season are on the 7th of December.

I've read online that some people say, if you're in the UK you can watch via Bet365 (need to have an account) but I have no idea if this is true or not.

I've read that a company has most of the global rights to the J-League but their contract runs out at the end of this season so they just haven't been bothered to do anything with the J-League.

DAZN have the rights here in Japan but that's not much good if you're not here. I think (I may be wrong with this) but starting from the 2020 season DAZN may have the global rights.

Apart from that, the only other way I can think of is to go fishing in a river.

Gjx

Great showing by the lads today following the disappointment of going out of the champo midweek. Gutsy 1-0 away win against Oita, leapfrogging them in the table and now sitting pretty in 2nd.

SoCross

We have a 38 year old in midfield starting for us. Sack Oniki, sell Nakamura.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Little bit nervy for this one. Our home form hasn't been great so far this season with too many draws and Urawa have been better away. We're struggling to find the net at the Todoroki Stadium and they've been keeping it tight at the back on their travels. Things might well point to a 0-0 or 1-1 based off that but I'm still hopeful our quality will shine through in the end as we're simply a better side than they are overall. 2-1 to the good guys.

Frontale Home - P7 W2 D4 L1 F8 A5
Urawa Away - P6 W4 D1 L1 F6 A3

EngimaMK

How come so many Brazilians have ended up in Japan?
Japan and Brazil have always had close ties. Although it's a homogenous country, the second biggest group of people in Japan are Brazilian.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Japan and Brazil have always had close ties. Although it's a homogenous country, the second biggest group of people in Japan are Brazilian.
Yeah but how did those ties occur? Seems like an odd match.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yeah but how did those ties occur? Seems like an odd match.
Just had a quick google - it went from Japan to Brazil first. A lot of it is Brazilians of Japanese ancestry moving back to Japan, but not all of it, and there's been a link between the countries since then.

1850 - Brazil outlawed slavery and needed workers for coffee plantations. Lots of Italian workers went but found the pay to be poor.
1871 - Feudalism in Japan ended, lots of poor people in the rural areas
1908 - The start of Japanese migration to Brazil - Italians had stopped going in large numbers by then and the poor of Japan were still looking for somewhere to move to. USA wouldn't allow any Japanese to move there, neither would Australia so Brazil it was for lots of people.

As of 2009 there were 1.6m Brazilians of Japanese descent in Brazil.

Chipper

Adulterer.
0-0 at halftime, chances at both ends, Urawa shading it for me. Martinus looks dangerous for them.

Not quite sure what happened on their disallowed goal, and whether or not their player got a touch on it or not. Suppose the fact he was in front of the keeper made him active/interfering with play even if he didn't.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Finished 1-1 with the last kick of the game, a deflected shot that was going wide after bit of scramble in the wake of their goalie coming up for a corner. Has to go down as an own goal. Did pinpoint that as a possible scoreline pre-match but that was undeserved with the way the second half went.

Kawasaki scored, had numerous half chances to add to it, creating more than in the first. Meanwhile Urawa did practically nothing as their attack was completely nullified until that equaliser at the death.

Supports
England
This is an awesome idea. It might've been better to pick a more accessible league though. I think I've only seen one televised J-League match in my life. Having said that, I prefer late night matches to early morning ones, which is why I end up catching a lot of MLS.

LiquidSnake

I like this thread, it's a very good idea. Me and my pal used to do that each year following FM release where we used to do a party with random clubs.

Among all the banter, am I right if I say anyone didn't notice that they are the reigning double J League champions ? So basically, this random choice could be considering a plastic fans move :lol:

Their coach is Toru Oniki who turned the club around with the first 2 league titles in his first 2 seasons (the club was already punching for contention in the 2016 J League). I think people in Japan would like him to take reign of the selection.

The current leader, the Tokyo FC is the arc nemesis of Japoli. Kawasaki is based on the south border of Tokyo in the prefecture of Kanagawa. Their derby is the Tamagawa Clasico (name of the river separating Tokyo area).

Of course, besides reading Captain Tsubasa mangas (where no player end up at Kawasaki) I know nothing about Japanese football. Arrigato Wikipedia.

Nick7

I had an old football game with the J League in it and chose to "support" (that really means, they're the teams I'll play with on PES, FIFA, and FM) Jubilo Iwata. So lads, I hope ye lose every game and my beloved Jubilo take the title (they won't they're shit).

relx

Frnkie Sys
Currently losing against Consadole Sapporo at home. Sack Oniki, sell Kobayashi

LiquidSnake

Currently losing against Consadole Sapporo at home. Sack Oniki, sell Kobayashi
Typical reaction from a plastic fan ! Happily enough Oniki-sama brought up Kobayashi-san on from the bench who equalized. Just like Totti, every year they think Yu-chan is done and every year he's our main goalscorer !

63% possession
28 shots (9 on targets) vs 3(2)
638 passes completed vs 388

Tiki taka no Kawasaki ! :lol: