Kawasaki Frontale - Caf Adopted Club | Forza Japoli

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok so based on this thread and the polls we did, Kawasaki Frontale will be our team to follow.

Disclaimer for people who like to moan. This does not mean don’t support Utd. It’s just a fun way to enjoy football again without having so much doom, gloom and emotional investment. I had more fun in the thread talking about which team to follow than I have talking about Utd recently that’s for sure. Football is entertainment at the end of the day.

Kawasaki Frontale play in the J-League in Japan. They have won the J-League the last two years running and are currently 4th after 10 games. They play at the Kawasaki Todoroki Stadium (capacity 26,232) and their main rivals are FC Tokyo. One notable player is Leandro Damiao.

They play in a Napoli style blue kit.

Their manager is Toru Iniki Oniki who played for them from 2000 to 2006 as a midfielder.

--------------------------------------------------

We will be trying to follow them, get to know the club and players, post highlights, memes, whatever you want relating to our adopted club.

Their next game is Sunday against Shimizu S-Pulse at 6am UK time. It's only showing me Canada time so I did the math.

Here is a link to live J-League scores - https://www.flashscore.com/football/japan/j-league/

Begin!

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The team was founded in 1955 as Fujitsu Soccer Club. It was one of many city clubs that comprised the Japan Soccer League, including Yomiuri (later Tokyo Verdy 1969), Toshiba (later Consadole Sapporo) and NKK SC (now defunct). They first made the JSL First Division in 1977, only to be relegated the next season afterwards and would not return to the top flight until 2000, when they were first promoted to the rebranded J1.

The club co-founded the Japanese second tier three times under its three names: JSL Second Division (1972), Japan Football League Division 1 (1992) and J.League Division 2 (1999).

Old Crest
Fujitsu's club became professional in 1997, and changed its name – "Frontale" means "frontal" in Italian. The club old crest and colours are based on those of Brazilian side Grêmio, because both clubs have cooperated since 26 March 1997.[1] The club joined the second division of the J.League in 1999, and became the champion of the division. But in the next season, it sank to the bottom of division one, and was relegated. In 2004, they were champions of J2 and won promotion to J1 for the second time. With the former rival city clubs out of the way due to relocation or liquidation, Frontale began building its power base in the city.

In 2006 they achieved runner-up position in J1, their highest league position up to that time. In 2007, this club attended the AFC Champions League, and made important success, as the first Japanese club for qualifying its group stage, before Urawa Red Diamonds. But Kawasaki lost in the quarter finals, against Iranian Sepahan, in a penalty shoot-out after two scoreless games.

At long last, after two other second-place finishes in 2008 and 2009, Kawasaki finally won the title in 2017, coming from behind to upstage bitter rivals Kashima Antlersafter they were held to a draw at Júbilo Iwata, 16 seasons and 40 years after their first promotion to the top division.

They had this awesome space shirt a few years ago, which I really want:

Full frontal forza Frontale!

Let's make some songs up.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Would you mind posting the times in various timezones? I could do the math I suppose...

Denis79

Go Kawasaki!? or go Frontale!? They got a nickname?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Great choice. The J-league is fun to watch. Look forward to watching the match on Saturday.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I tried finding a subreddit and ended up on one about motorbikes.

0le

This will not be good for the 2021/2022 season when both teams play eachother in the world club championships.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
What a shit season we're having so far. Players aren't hungry enough to chase continued success, they've clearly packed it in. Waste of fecking time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They actually played yesterday in the group stage of the AFC Champions League. Damiao and Taniguchi (who I will be sure to give the nickname tamagotchi) scored but Hulk made it 2 - 2.

They are 3rd in the group with a game to play and need Shangai to drop points in the last game now.

Denis79

19 points? Sack Oniki! He's out of his depth.

Holy crap. Someone actually signed Leandro Damaio.
Our current form is really good though, 4 wins one draw in the last 5 games. Chill out and give the man a proper shot at the job. He's a club legend afterall.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Give them Chong (appropriate name) and Gomes (appropriate height) on loan and I'll follow.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They actually played yesterday in the group stage of the AFC Champions League. Damiao and Taniguchi (who I will be sure to give the nickname tamagotchi) scored but Hulk made it 2 - 2.

They are 3rd in the group with a game to play and need Shangai to drop points in the last game now.

I like that we're not just bossing it completely. We're in for a rollercoaster season lads.

Art Vandelay

Our current form is really good though, 4 wins one draw in the last 5 games. Chill out and give the man a proper shot at the job. He's a club legend afterall.
Sack him. Should have hired Klopp.

Is there actually anywhere in the UK that shows J-League? I don't think you can even stream it on Skybet like you can the Australian and Chinese leagues.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Sack him. Should have hired Klopp.

Is there actually anywhere in the UK that shows J-League? I don't think you can even stream it on Skybet like you can the Australian and Chinese leagues.
I'm not sure. I know they used to stream J-League on bet365 when I watched last season. I haven't checked this season though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Highlights include:

0:45 - Kawasaki's amazing little teapot thing mascot with the dolphin.
1:20 - Hulk nutmegging someone and taking the worst shot of all time.
1:25 - Hulks goal replayed about 6 times til 2:55
2:58 - Lovely worked goal by Japoli. Damiao with the finish
3:20 - The second worst shot of all time. We're in for a treat lads.
3:43 - Oh god what have we done :lol:
4:20 - Some kind of superspeed foul.
5:34 - Oniki playing subbuteo.
5:54 - TAMAGOTCHI
6:44 - Hulk ruins everything. They seem to not have captured the goal live :lol:

Denis79

Just read that our main striker Kobayashi averages 0.39 goals / game.

quackattack

Frontale ohoh, Frontale oh oh oh ooh. They come from Tokyo. They'll steal 3 points from you. ♫♫♫
(Alternatively) Frontale ohoh, Frontale oh oh oh ooh. They come from Asia, they'll feckin' murder ya! ♪♪

Denis79

So miss the days Juninho played for us, apparently he did.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'd just like to point out that our league rivals Kashima Antlers have had a slogan every season since 1998 and I must say they are inspired.

Denis79

I'd just like to point out that our league rivals Kashima Antlers have had a slogan every season since 1998 and I must say they are inspired.

Screw them and their plastic club! We're Forza Japoli!

Mystry

Friendship is magic
So miss the days Juninho played for us, apparently he did.
I remember the days of Inamoto, and that North Korean player who balled his eyes out during the World Cup. There's nothing I like about this group of players.

Clearly we need to come up with a slogan for our beloved Kawasaki. Japoli Dream?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Didn't expect much from the 1999 season apparently.