Keane joins Sky Sports

Acole9

Outstanding
I could listen to Keane talk about football all day and never get bored.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It went massively unnoticed when Jamie Redknapp talked about role models and said John Barnes was a good role model, Keane couldn’t hold in his smirk....everyone presumed he was laughing at the spice boys....Keane said ‘ not not the spice boys....John Barnes’ :lol::lol::lol:

keanos a legend

Loon

:lol:
Richards deserves it. He’s unbearably biased as a pundit. Even Keane says we’re shit when we are.
Keane also Jedi’d Fred into a proper player.

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Brilliant player and seems to be very good pundit. Like he was a player he doesn’t hold anything back. Just says what he thinks and has great humour.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He speaks with refreshing honesty but he's dangerously becoming a caricature of himself.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It went massively unnoticed when Jamie Redknapp talked about role models and said John Barnes was a good role model, Keane couldn’t hold in his smirk....everyone presumed he was laughing at the spice boys....Keane said ‘ not not the spice boys....John Barnes’ :lol::lol::lol:

keanos a legend
That whole bit was great.

Neville: "I mean we were in a music video.."

Roy: "Was I in it?"

Neville: "Yeah in your oversized jumper"

Roy: "..... Did it get to number 1?"

:lol:

Art Vandelay

keanos a legend
Yeah they seemed to move quickly on and skip over that bit. I felt Keane getting stuck into Barnes and the Spice Boys should have been an hour long special. Redknapp was clearly fuming at being laughed at too. Then they asked him if he minded it he was obviously lying saying it doesn't bother him. :lol: :lol:

They should start introducing him as former Spice Boy instead of former player.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah they seemed to move quickly on and skip over that bit. I felt Keane getting stuck into Barnes and the Spice Boys should have been an hour long special. Redknapp was clearly fuming at being laughed at too. Then they asked him if he minded it he was obviously lying saying it doesn't bother him. :lol: :lol:

They should start introducing him as former Spice Boy instead of former player.
Or as "that fit singers ex".

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Micah Richards is the quintessential example of a player making it because of his gifted physical attributes, especially at a formative age.
There's a bunch of players, who, if not for their physical genetics, would not be anywhere near the Premier League, period.
Being physically gifted doesn't make you good; it makes you fortunate.
Bit of an odd point. It's a physical sport, of course your physical genetics are going to influence how good you are at football. Pointing out the 'fortune' of a professional athlete to have the physical attributes that they do seems a redundant point to make, no? And genetics is not just physical - Messi is not blessed genetically when it comes to his physique but do you think his ball control and dribbling skills exists only because of hard work?

And to talk about fortune in reference to Richards seems a little amiss when you're talking about a player who has suffered with mental health issues because of the injury troubles that basically killed his career in his mid-20s.

Jericho

Bit of an odd point. It's a physical sport, of course your physical genetics are going to influence how good you are at football. Pointing out the 'fortune' of a professional athlete to have the physical attributes that they do seems a redundant point to make, no? And genetics is not just physical - Messi is not blessed genetically when it comes to his physique but do you think his ball control and dribbling skills exists only because of hard work?

And to talk about fortune in reference to Richards seems a little amiss when you're talking about a player who has suffered with mental health issues because of the injury troubles that basically killed his career in his mid-20s.
Clearly he meant in relation to football, we don't know the full details of anyone else's lives so there's no point going there.
Of course Richards is fortunate. He was a professional footballer until he was 30 or so. That's considered fortunate.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Made me laugh
I love how defensive Micah gets. He’s lived with a different reality to anyone else.

Micah Richards was great when he broke through. He looked top class for a long while. Playing right back, everyone saying he’s a born centre half. Quick. Strong. Astonishing in the air. He didn’t ‘Burst onto the scene’ though. That’s Hyperbole. As Roy says; no defender ‘Bursts onto the scene’.

I love Roy. I met him twice. The second time I reminded him of the first time. His response was “Why the Fcuk am I going to remember meeting you?”. He’s flawed. But he’s pretty consistent.

thepolice123

Richards was great in virtually every FM and FIFA save for me until 2012. Those physcial stats. :drool:

City also had another similar player in Onuoha. Turned out they were both shite.

SirAF

Ageist
I love how defensive Micah gets. He’s lived with a different reality to anyone else.

Micah Richards was great when he broke through. He looked top class for a long while. Playing right back, everyone saying he’s a born centre half. Quick. Strong. Astonishing in the air. He didn’t ‘Burst onto the scene’ though. That’s Hyperbole. As Roy says; no defender ‘Bursts onto the scene’.

I love Roy. I met him twice. The second time I reminded him of the first time. His response was “Why the Fcuk am I going to remember meeting you?”. He’s flawed. But he’s pretty consistent.
Epic :lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

You didn't tell him the first time that you'd burst onto the scene did you?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
You can tell player had not very good cereer when all he has is "bursting onto a sceen when he was 18, youngest ever defender" to brag about.

Andersonson