Music Kendrick Lamar | New album 13th May 2022

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Listened to the album a few times now and to be honest I think it's his worst work yet. Some of the lyrics are just clunky and out of place for example on Father time where he raps about his 'Daddy issues' which sampha is fantastic in, the line 'When kanye got back with Drake I was slightly confused' just doesn't fit and seems irrelevant to the rest of the song. Worldwide stepper is painful to listen to where he is rapping about being racist and imagining his ancestors watching him 'feck white bitches'.We Cry Together has a great instrumental and could be so much better but it's painful to listen to with a really crude argument and for the people saying it's a social commentary on the me too movement are reaching a bit I think. Kodak Black's features are just shit and having that scumbag on his album where 'mental stability meets talent' seems insane. The homophobic slur on Auntie Diaries seems indulgent especially the repetition considering he declares at the end of the song that it's only acceptable for him and others to say that 'if white girls can say n****'. Mother I sober is brilliant and the definite highlight of the album very introspective and showcases his talent. N95 is the best hype playlist song but I think still falls short of his best banger tracks in other albums.