Keown last night...

OL29

He seems to hate Humphreys, he's gone at him before out of the blue. Both pricks imo.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is it bad to say someone jumped in front of a train on tv?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't get what the issue is here?

I mean i'm obviously outraged of course... but i'm not sure why i am? I should probably take to Twitter anyway though.

RUCK4444

He’s fecking awful, worst pundit around, I’d rather Alan Partridge take his place.

In fact I’d love Alan Partridge to take his place, would be amazing.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Haven't seen the video but just wanted to say Humphrey is a grade A twat.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I saw it and it's just really weird. Why did he say it and not just laugh it off.

Also, I assume he was late onto the show, which is why Jake Humphrey mentioned it? If not, then weird on both parts.

But it's nowhere near as outrageous as some people are trying to make out. A bit insensitive, yeah, but it's very much nothing.

Falcow

The issue is that Keown being the classless pr1ck that he is used the death of somebody(assuming they took their own life)to explain why he was late to the studio, true or otherwise, he should be have more respect for the person and their family and friends rather than using that as an excuse on live tv as to why he was late(how dare they take their own life and inconvenience me).

Absolute bell end and complete alan partridge moment.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Is it bad to say someone jumped in front of a train on tv?
Not really, but did he really need to say it? A bit of common sense says to laugh it off as opposed to declare you've been held up by someone committing suicide - on a football show.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it's the ultra lack of sensitivity, mixed with "oh but i wasn't going to mention it", straight after mentioning it, that adds a farce element.

But you do get people who genuinely moan that they've had to wait a while extra to get on a train to get back to their cosy lives, when someone at their lowest ebb has seen it as the only way out.

Lynty

I think it's the ultra lack of sensitivity, mixed with "oh but i wasn't going to mention it", straight after mentioning it, that adds a farce element.

But you do get people who genuinely moan that they've had to wait a while extra to get on a train to get back to their cosy lives, when someone at their lowest ebb has seen it as the only way out.
I commuted between London and Stafford every day for work. An 2.5 hour journey can be turned into 6 hours to get back on a Friday night because of a suicide. It's sobering at first. But it becomes a norm, literally every other week - so you end up voicing your frustration - aimed not at the poor soul who jumped in front of a train, but national rails incompetence of tackling the problem or having contingencies to continue its service.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I commuted between London and Stafford every day for work. An 2.5 hour journey can be turned into 6 hours to get back on a Friday night because of a suicide. It's sobering at first. But it becomes a norm, literally every other week - so you end up voicing your frustration - aimed not at the poor soul who jumped in front of a train, but national rails incompetence of tackling the problem or having contingencies to continue its service.
There should be some sort of turnstyle system that only opens once the train arrives at the platform. Idiotic that it allows people to just run and jump in front of them with no way to stop them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There should be some sort of turnstyle system that only opens once the train arrives at the platform. Idiotic that it allows people to just run and jump in front of them with no way to stop them.
There's one tube station that has barriers that have doors that only open once the train has stopped.

I guess it'd be way too expensive to have similar thing put in elsewhere. The turnstile would slow everything down as well.

Also, there's a million places you could get near train tracks, so if not on stations, people could well do it along the route.

Hoof the ball

You have to assume Humphreys knows that's why Keown is late. If so, then it's on Humphreys for baiting Keown for being late for a very serious reason.

mu4c_20le

Keown looks like an animal, so why be surprised when he acts like one.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You have to assume Humphreys knows that's why Keown is late. If so, then it's on Humphreys for baiting Keown for being late for a very serious reason.
Not really. If he had known I doubt he’d have been that classless.

Keown should have phrased it more sensitively. Say ‘ there was an incident,’ ‘there was an accident.’ But his crass response says a lot about him

DoomSlayer

Not really. If he had known I doubt he’d have been that classless.

Keown should have phrased it more sensitively. Say ‘ there was an incident,’ ‘there was an accident.’ But his crass response says a lot about him
Oh yeah, I'm sure these guys at BT Sports have no communication with each other and the first time they meet is live on air in front of the cameras.

Inigo Montoya

Oh yeah, I'm sure these guys at BT Sports have no communication with each other and the first time they meet is live on air in front of the cameras.
That’s you summising.
Keown did say he didn’t want to say it on air. The production staff would have miked him up quickly after going into make up and he’d be rushed on air.

DoomSlayer

That’s you summising.
Keown did say he didn’t want to say it on air. The production staff would have miked him up quickly after going into make up and he’d be rushed on air.
So you don't think there are people whose job at BT Sports concerns communication and they wouldn't have contacted him to ask why he is late and if everything is alright? I mean he could have been in an accident himself, I'm sure they would like to know what is going on before he arrives.

shaky

Well played Keown. Lobbing that grenade straight back at Humphrey, who was just trying to be wide.

Inigo Montoya

So you don't think there are people whose job at BT Sports concerns communication and they wouldn't have contacted him to ask why he is late and if everything is alright? I mean he could have been in an accident himself, I'm sure they would like to know what is going on before he arrives.
With due respect unless you’ve been in a studio and seen how it works, you’re just guessing.
The producers may we’ll have known but it’s not their job to tell Humphries ‘ Martin is late because someone jumped on the track- go easy on him.’ Then at that point Humphries knowing that someone may have lost their life, decided to goad Keown

Falcow

That’s you summising.
Wait.....keown was wearing make up??

shaky

With due respect unless you’ve been in a studio and seen how it works, you’re just guessing.
The producers may we’ll have known but it’s not their job to tell Humphries ‘ Martin is late because someone jumped on the track- go easy on him.’ Then at that point Humphries knowing that someone may have lost their life, decided to goad Keown
Humphrey already knew, you can tell be the way he reacted to Keown bringing it up. Unsurprised but embarrassed.

DoomSlayer

At this point, everyone in this thread is making presumptions or assumptions. But I think it's a very safe bet that a multi-million or even billion pound company as BT Sports would have specific jobs that concern communication of all sorts.

ivaldo

Oh yeah, I'm sure these guys on BR Sports bait he other when he comes to death and suicide.

At this point, everyone in this thread is making presumptions or assumptions. But I think it's a very safe bet that a multi-million or even billion pound company as BT Sports would have specific jobs that concern communication of all sorts.
At this point, I think it's a very safe bet that a multi-million or even billion pound company as BT Sports would hire someone willing to make such distasteful and unprofessional comments live on TV for no reason.

Easy, hey? I'm astonished you genuinely think Humphreys would bait him about that on screen, looking for a reaction.

Heinzesight

The video of him pitchside, getting smashed on the back of the head by a shot is the best Keown video you’ll ever see.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Keown should've responded in a more serious respectful tone.
" I'm late because someone unfortunately took their own life"
Humphrey's would've looked like a bigger twat there for clearly baiting.

DoomSlayer

Oh yeah, I'm sure these guys on BR Sports bait he other when he comes to death and suicide.

At this point, I think it's a very safe bet that a multi-million or even billion pound company as BT Sports would hire someone willing to make such distasteful and unprofessional comments live on TV for no reason.

Easy, hey? I'm astonished you genuinely think Humphreys would bait him about that on screen, looking for a reaction.
I personally think Humphreys, or whatever his name is, is as big a twat as Keown in general. Whenever I've watched him hosting, he's never left me any good impressions, on the contrary.

Seen him try to banter around and it always comes out so moronic, would not put it past him to have totally misjudged the situation.

Not sure why you are being so passive-aggressive in your remarks towards me, do you have a specific personal problem that we should discuss?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ehh. A bit partridgey but enough to kick off about? Hardly.

ivaldo

I personally think Humphreys, or whatever his name is, is as big a twat as Keown in general. Whenever I've watched him hosting, he's never left me any good impressions, on the contrary.

Seen him try to banter around and it always comes out so moronic, would not put it past him to have totally misjudged the situation.

Not sure why you are being so passive-aggressive in your remarks towards me, do you have a specific personal problem that we should discuss?
You might think he's a bit of a twat, but can you give me a single example of anything remotely akin to something as crass as this? You're not suggesting he misjudged the situation, are you? You're suggesting he callously goaded Keown about something as serious as suicide. That's a pretty serious blip for someone with a clean record.

On the one hand you're telling us it's ridiculous to suggest a company the size of BT would not have this related through the communications team, but want us to believe a company the size of BT would hire someone who goads another about being late due to suicide? You understand the contradiction in this, yes?

It's not passive aggressive, it's giving you an example within your own context to illustrate the flaw in your logic. If you consider anyone that disagrees with you to have a person issue, then perhaps a discussion forum isn't the place for you.

I think you seem to be forgetting this is meant to be a light entertainment show. Anyway, someone disagreeing with you is clearly upsetting for you so I'll leave it there.