Kepa Arrizabalaga

Sanchez7

Pogba's header? That would have been the best save in history.
Agreed. It would have been a great save had he managed to keep it out. Thought his handling was pretty good for most of the game. It is easy to forget that he is a young keeper in his first season in the premier league. Many were ready to write DDG off after his first season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Pogbas header was a very difficult one to save. Very close so tough to react, plus it was a downward header (clever Pog).

Him getting a hand was impressive enough and that's what made it look almost like bad keeping funnily enough.

Dion

He held on to one early on that was fecking quality. Could have done better on Pogba's, but he was just a bit slow to sort his feet out.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He definitely didn't have "no chance" for the 2nd goal. He gets a hand to it, and not even an outstretched hand, it's fairly close to his body, and it goes through his hand like his wrists are made of paper. He seems to have form for shots going through his hands despite putting them in the right place.

Member 115509

I honestly thought he could have done a bit better with the second goal, he got a hand to it but just helped it on its way in. I think, at times, he probably doesn't inspire much confidence in the defenders in front of him, he almost cost a goal when he allowed Rashford to close him down and generally looks a bit jittery at times.

Dion

Look De Gea keeps that out every day of the week.
And De Gea is one of the best shot stoppers of all time at the peak of his powers. De Gea let in worse ones than that early in his career, so very good goalkeepers definitely can.

TsuWave

not even top 5 in the league. I reckon Romero is better than him

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That Pogba header was an absolute bullet, it's harsh to criticise him for not keeping it out.

SAFMUTD

He is not a top keeper, for sure above average but Pogba’s goal was savable by any top keeper. He is going to improve for sure, but right now he is not even close to worth 80 million.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I felt bad for their keeper. He is young and it is not his fault about the price tag. I am so happy we didn't sell DDG for the odd 60m back when though, that would have been just like with Ronaldo all over.

OverratedOpinion

I don't really think you can judge him too harshly on the second goal, the ball came in at great pace and Pogba got brilliant power on the header. The moment where he let the ball run under his foot and nearly conceded is what would worry me if I was a Chelsea fan, things like that just sets a nervous tone for the whole team.

I will say this and I am not being unkind to Kepa but Sergio Romero is better than him.

CM

I think some of these comments are a bit kind. He isn't a bad goalie but Kepa isn't the rookie he's sometimes painted as either - 24 years old, over 100 appearances in Spain and he's the world's most expensive goalkeeper.

The last point is out of his control but I can recall several instances of him conceding pretty soft goals this season and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more of him in that regard.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He should have saved Pogba's header. No idea why so many people are willing to give him a pass on that one. If you're supposed to be a world class keeper you have to be saving that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Upto a months ago he was on better than a clean sheet every two games ratio, one poor month and the vultures are out :lol:

Between the WC and OGS's appointment DDG was barely PL level based on form.

haram

He should have saved Pogba's header. No idea why so many people are willing to give him a pass on that one. If you're supposed to be a world class keeper you have to be saving that.
I dont think anyone thinks he’s a world class keeper. He deserves more time.

criticalanalysis

He's not as bad as Bravo but I'm sure his shots at goal to save rate isn't particular good right?

Not watched enough games to really judge but the few times I've seen him, he looks a bit deer in the headlights.

Same with De Gea and even though he showed waaaaaay more than what's Kepa showing, he had an absolute rock defence in front of him and Sir Alex.

Can't blame Kepa for the situation he's in but he's gonna have to really mature and adapt to the PL. Hard to do that in Chelsea of all places.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
And De Gea is one of the best shot stoppers of all time at the peak of his powers. De Gea let in worse ones than that early in his career, so very good goalkeepers definitely can.
When? When he was 12 or 13?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's not as bad as Bravo but I'm sure his shots at goal to save rate isn't particular good right?

Not watched enough games to really judge but the few times I've seen him, he looks a bit deer in the headlights.
He single handedly prevented Arsenal and Spurs away from being as bad as City and he was better than 1 clean sheet in 2 game average before this horror month. If i'm not mistaken he has already trumped Courtois's clean sheet numbers in any of his seasons here.

That said i don't think he will ever be the worlds best, but will be a more than capable keeper on the level of a Valdes, Lehmann, Ederson, Barca's Bravo level. The only time he could be an issue is if we revert back to pragmatic tactics, in a footballing side he's very well suited.

When? When he was 12 or 13?
In that case he's grown many years since the World Cup.

criticalanalysis

He single handedly prevented Arsenal and Spurs away from being as bad as City and he was better than 1 clean sheet in 2 game average before this horror month. If i'm not mistaken he has already trumped Courtois's clean sheet numbers in any of his seasons here.

That said i don't think he will ever be the worlds best, but will be a more than capable keeper on the level of a Valdes, Lehmann, Ederson, Barca's Bravo level. The only time he could be an issue is if we revert back to pragmatic tactics, in a footballing side he's very well suited.

In that case he's grown many years since the World Cup.
Interesting, didn't know he's quietly done well for you guys. Will have to catch a few more games.

TsuWave

Upto a months ago he was on better than a clean sheet every two games ratio, one poor month and the vultures are out :lol:

Between the WC and OGS's appointment DDG was barely PL level based on form.
fabianski > kepa

el3mel

He's definitely not a 70m GK, but whatever any die hard Chelsea fan try to convince themselves otherwise. If Kepa is a 70m keeper then De Gea is 250m one.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's definitely not a 70m GK, but whatever any die hard Chelsea fan try to convince themselves otherwise. If Kepa is a 70m keeper then De Gea is 250m one.
When has any Chelsea fan said that's? It's mainly the Spanish natives that prefer Kepa or well pretty much anyone over DDG.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And people are focusing to much on the price. They were dealing with Athletic Bibao. There is no negotiating with them it is either pay the buyout clause or do not even bother. And Courtois gave them very little time to replace him.

MuFc_1992

He's really not that bad and is the least of Chelsea's problems. People like to rip on the price tag but considering their situation any half decent keeper would've cost 30-40 million plus because clubs would've sensed their desperation.

SAFMUTD

Poor guy, he is being judged under so much pressure do to his price tag. He was a good keeper for Bilbao but not a great one, different from Allison who had proved that was great.

Chelsea bought him because they lost Courtouis and had to make a move quickly but there’s no way anyone would had paid that much for him in other circumstances.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Has palmed a few into his net this season. Needs to work on his wrists.