Kepa Arrizabalaga

James Peril

It's just sad, not worth laughing about any more. Will lose his spot tomorrow morning when they sign a new guy, who knows where he ends up. Well, not sad, he could retire tomorrow and live on a beach for the rest of his life.

Mate, they are losing to the champions who spanked the league last year. We just lost at home to Crystal Palace 3-1 no less. Let that sink in, we can't banter any other team. Even Arsenal look at us and laugh.
I don’t need anything “to sink in”. The way some of them were going on, they thought they were challenging this season. Clearly with a joke of a keeper like they have, they won’t.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Reminds me of Karius, I really feel sad for the guy.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I would, except for the whole Sarri thing with refusing to be subbed off etc. Lost any claim to sympathy after that.
I think that was a misunderstanding to be honest. Not fortunate, but a misunderstanding after all.

I would, except for the whole Sarri thing with refusing to be subbed off etc. Lost any claim to sympathy after that.
Agreed. If I was a Chelsea supported (shudders), I wouldn’t be bothered what happened to him after that. Disgraceful. Never seen anything like it.

It was that day, I realised a player could actually refuse to come off. Mental.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What an embarrassment, it almost feels intentional at this point.

SAFMUTD

I think that was a misunderstanding to be honest. Not fortunate, but a misunderstanding after all.
How can that be a misunderstanding? Its clear as day he was ordered to go out and refused, he even told Sarri to "feck off" with gestures.

How can that be a misunderstanding? Its clear as day he was ordered to go out and refused, he even told Sarri to "feck off" with gestures.
There was no misunderstanding. It went on for about 3 minutes.

It was clear as day. The bloody sub was there trying to get on. the other guy is on the wind up.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t need anything “to sink in”. The way some of them were going on, they thought they were challenging this season. Clearly with a joke of a keeper like they have, they won’t.
Name us and shame us? Don't think any of the Chelsea regulars on here have made any claims that we're genuine title contenders this year.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The misunderstanding is why he was ordered to go off. He had went down ''injured'' seconds prior.

SER19

Poor man is every failed post Schmeichel goalkeeper United signed rolled up in one

SAFMUTD

The misunderstanding is why he was ordered to go off. He had went down ''injured'' seconds prior.
That may be true, but still he was ordered to go out and refused. There's a reason why Sarri was furious and it surely wasnt because he thought Kepa was injured.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That may be true, but still he was ordered to go out and refused. There's a reason why Sarri was furious and it surely wasnt because he thought Kepa was injured.
Sarri wanted Caballero on for the PKs anyway - Kepa appeared to pick up a small knock which just made Sarri want to put the sub on sooner. Sarri was of course vindicated when Kepa let the tamest penalty Aguero has ever taken trickle under his arm.

Cloud7

It’s crazy how he’s become just a walking liability. I didn’t watch him before he came to Chelsea but I imagine he must have shown something for them to spend that amount of money on him.

SAFMUTD

Sarri wanted Caballero on for the PKs anyway - Kepa appeared to pick up a small knock which just made Sarri want to put the sub on sooner. Sarri was of course vindicated when Kepa let the tamest penalty Aguero has ever taken trickle under his arm.
There should be a respect to the manager, if he wants you out youre out. Wouldnt make a difference if Kepa have had the penalty series of his life. He disrespected the manager, Caballero and the club overall.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What are you on about? Pretty much all of us have been realistic with expectations, judging by the prediction thread it's some of your fellow fans that got (still getting?) ahead of themselves.

ti vu

It’s crazy how he’s become just a walking liability. I didn’t watch him before he came to Chelsea but I imagine he must have shown something for them to spend that amount of money on him.
1. De Gea being terrible for Spain NT, put some hype on next in line GK
2. Athletic Bilbao refused to sell if not for release clause
3. Kepa was whisker away to sign as back up for Madrid not long ago
4. Courtois pushed to leave
5. The hype regarding Sarriball and the need for ball playing GK, which pushing Kepa name before the like Oblak

All set up nicely to trap Chelsea.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
5. The hype regarding Sarriball and the need for ball playing GK, which pushing Kepa name before the like Oblak

Reads like a Final Destination accident.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Not true, we matched Oblak's release clause, he said no.

ti vu

Not true, we matched Oblak's release clause, he said no.
IIRC it was Duncan Castles who ran with Oblak release clause story. It made no sense to go for release clause without reaching agreement with player. And release clause is always last resort in case club refuse to sell. It's disrespectful and illegally(for foreign club???) (Going behind club back to agree with player a move away), not inquiring for a normal transfer first.

As far as I could remember Oblak had been in talk with Atletico to renew his contract prior to this period going by Spain outlet, and non British news outlet. Oblak release clause piece came out aftermath of Kepa signing, most likely to save face for these English hack who just spouting BS to sell paper.

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
There should be a respect to the manager, if he wants you out youre out. Wouldnt make a difference if Kepa have had the penalty series of his life. He disrespected the manager, Caballero and the club overall.
Completely agreed and wasn't trying to defend Kepa; just providing some clarity.

Suedesi

It's getting to the point that I'm starting to feel bad for the lad, and I've never ever felt bad for a Chelsea player. Dreadful form, zero confidence at the moment.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I feel bad for him because he's a keeper. If he was a center back or something I wouldn't, dont know why

PeteManic

I actually don't think he's that bad in terms of ability - it's just the fact he's playing behind an absolutely shit team.

But the Sarri thing killed him.

Where to next? Probably on the bench for a year or two collecting wages before being loaned out to some mid-team in Italy or Germany.

Giggs' right foot

Is now attempted being replaced by keeper who only have had two seasons in Ligue 1, despite being 28 years old.

Kepa, along the likes of Torres, Coutinho and Sanchez as the biggest flops the past decade.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I actually don't think he's that bad in terms of ability - it's just the fact he's playing behind an absolutely shit team.

Where to next? Probably on the bench for a year or two collecting wages before being loaned out to some mid-team in Italy or Germany.
Stats don't lie Pete. He had the worst save percentage in ALL of europe :lol:

Varun

Staff

He's dogshit

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Definitely reminds me of Karius, although with Karius, once the upset of the game passed, I’d feel quite sorry for him, whereas Kepa seems a bit of a prick so it’s hard to feel sympathy, he’ll end up at one of the 4th - 10th placed Spanish teams I reckon.