Kevin De Bruyne

Trizy

Sterling's fee was laughable and De Bruyne's fee was steep but worth it. I never understood why Chelsea let him go, he was good at Chelsea and was preforming at international level before they sold him. Great player and a joy to watch, good give credit to City on this one.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
KDB is best in the position Rooney currently occupies.
Yeah as I said, de Bruyne is a completely different player to him, he's a natural CAM for one and is much better suited to playing that role than Rooney is.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Sterling's fee was laughable and De Bruyne's fee was steep but worth it. I never understood why Chelsea let him go, he was good at Chelsea and was preforming at international level before they sold him. Great player and a joy to watch, good give credit to City on this one.
Give credit to City for spending €54 million on him?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
5 goals and 5 assists in 9 games now for City, is it?
And his last minute goal against Sevilla might have just be the deceisive one for them to get to the next round.
Impressiv start for him.

El Zoido

His quality was never in doubt. Chelsea should have seen his potential to be honest, it was short minded to let him go.

izec

It is not a surprise really. He is bloody effective, no matter if he played for Wolfsburg, City or Real. Cost a lot, but repays it too.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Bargain, nailed on player of the year (PL and City's) for me if he doesnt get injured.
Aguero should be able to give him a run for his money if he could stay fit. Obviously much more likely that de Bruyne will stay injury free though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How much better would we look with him at #10? Chelsea too, doesn't look the shrewdest move on Mou's part.

Trizy

Quality player, still don't get why no one else went in for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I told you all. He's bloody brilliant.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Didn't see much of him at Wolfsburg but he's been immense at City. Some player.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Rooney's done it for 10 years, mate. If De Bruyne has half the career Rooney has then come back to me.
True, but irrelevant. All that matters is who puts in the best performance on the weekend.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm crying inside. Painful seeong such a player there while we are carrying our captain. It's just fecked.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Quality player, still don't get why no one else went in for him.
PSG bid for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in third at Ballon d'Or.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was wrong about him, really has developed into a top player and an entertaining one to boot. Really strong mentally and just generally a very complete attacker... can do a bit of everything to a very high standard.

Adisa

The finish was even with his weaker foot. to be honest, it's making me angry how their attackers are just contributing while some of ours are just letting ha,es pass them by.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Exactly what City was lacking. Unfortunately.
Nasri, Silva? They were hardly lacking they also have Sterling Navas and sold Jovetic so lacking no but he is a quality player and I wish we had bought him.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
It's hilarious that Jose let him and Mata go but kept Oscar.
De Bruyne didnt't put too much effort in training, was moaning when he didn't get as much game time as he wanted and therefore was pushing for a move. His attitude in training didn't change a lot at Wolfsburg if the media can be trusted. A sample size of one is not anywhere near profound evidence but I once went to watch a Wolfsburg training session (they are public) when I was in the region and have to admit that afternoon de Bruyne was sloppy, slow, not engaged.

Yeah but Oscar tracks back. The most important attribute for a #10
I remember that Wolfsburg's manager Hecking initially demanded back tracking from de Bruyne as well but gave up after a while.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I remember that Wolfsburg's manager Hecking initially demanded back tracking from de Bruyne as well but gave up after a while.
I don't think he's as lazy as it's often portrayed though. He has the energy and determination to get the job done and does run back and defend (when he sees fit). I don't think you can push him into an extremely disciplined defensive concept though. In a way, De Bruyne is a true oldschool playmaker like no one else in the game today and it makes him such a joy to watch.

Was wrong about him, really has developed into a top player and an entertaining one to boot. Really strong mentally and just generally a very complete attacker... can do a bit of everything to a very high standard.
Glad you see it now. Your comment that he's not fit to lace Eriksen's boots was proper mental :lol:.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I don't think he's as lazy as it's often portrayed though. He has the energy and determination to get the job done and does run back and defend (when he sees fit). I don't think you can push him into an extremely disciplined defensive concept though. In a way, De Bruyne is a true oldschool playmaker like no one else in the game today and it makes him such a joy to watch.

Glad you see it now. Your comment that he's not fit to lace Eriksen's boots was proper mental :lol:.
He is ginger though. Which is nice, seeing a fellow redhead doing so well.

He was never going to work under Mourinho and probably wouldn't have worked under Pep at Bayern. For that reason I am glad we got rid, regardless of what people are saying.

Adisa

Never knew he was this good with both feet. Wish we were in for him.