Kevin De Bruyne

Stacks

Wishing injury on a player
Yeah I will never understand it.
Not losing any sleep whatsoever. Sane, Sterling and Silva next.

People happy with players being injured are the worst football "fans".

It's fecking vile.
get over yourself and your self righteous nonsense. What about the football fans who are paedo's? didn't count them did ya? and the racists, islamophobes, misogynists, match fixers?

cyberman

Not losing any sleep whatsoever. Sane, Sterling and Silva next.

get over yourself and your self righteous nonsense. What about the football fans who are paedo's? didn't count them did ya? and the racists, islamophobes, misogynists, match fixers?
Certain fans get wrapped up in a football physics bubble where every injury is terrible.
I once done my hamstring trying to jump over a fence as a youngster, there were no get well soon message from my on watching mates I can tell you.

Tarrou

great news for us, shame they've got about a million other great players to worry about

meninred

Superb modern day midfield player..a potential ballon d'or winner. But there is sth missing in his game to be the winner against the strikers.

predator

Youth NITK
In two minds about this. Obviously it's a blow for city which is no doubt good for their rivals but KDB is probably my favourite player to watch in the prem.
I hope his injury is not a reoccurring one which may limitate his career.

arthurka

No one think its funny how all players under pep heal ages before estimated time? The only time it didn't happen was when he had the awful doctors at Bayern.

Greck

No one think its funny how all players under pep heal ages before estimated time? The only time it didn't happen was when he had the awful doctors at Bayern.
Unless one can tell us the exact compounds they use to accelerate healing and a detailed explanation on how they work it's just sourgrapes throwing PED accusation especially without evidence. The type from 2000s RAWK when they were in peak form.

Ftr I think every team has users including ours

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Unless one can tell us the exact compounds they use to accelerate healing and a detailed explanation on how they work it's just sourgrapes throwing PED accusation especially without evidence. The type from 2000s RAWK when they were in peak form.

It's fun to have a laugh though.

Decomposing In Paris

How would we get evidence? I don't think anyone here wishes any footballer injury... and I think you're not only missing the tone of people's comments, but somewhat hypocritical to suggest guilt at every club whilst not requiring any proof for that far more sweeping statement.

Greck

How would we get evidence? I don't think anyone here wishes any footballer injury... and I think you're not only missing the tone of people's comments, but somewhat hypocritical to suggest guilt at every club whilst not requiring any proof for that far more sweeping statement.
The last paragraph wasn't an assertion, it was a personal opinion hence the intentional phrasing 'I think' also placed to find a middle ground with the poster. No doubt PED use is rampant in sports, that much is an open secret, but to narrow the problem to one team you don't like is sourgrapes

Last edited:

Decomposing In Paris

The last paragraph wasn't an assertion, it was a personal opinion hence the intentional phrasing 'I think' also placed to find a middle ground with the poster. No doubt PED use is rampant in sports, that much is an open secret, but to narrow the problem to one team you don't like is sourgrapes
Well if you want to be pedantic about your use of language, you also started the sentence with "ftr" (for the record) which is as much of an assertion as there is, so you at least also managed to find a middle ground between stating something to be quoted... and an opinion. Btw jealousy over City's recent success, and their seeming luck with injuries goes without saying. There has been some smoke around Pep's involvement with the disgraceful PED coverup in Spain... but we'll never know the truth because the authorities made that impossible. It could all be lies, it could just be bad luck, but there'll always be question marks. Pulling people up for having a laugh at a player recovering quickly is a bit ott.

Greck

Well if you want to be pedantic about your use of language, you also started the sentence with "ftr" (for the record) which is as much of an assertion as there is, so you at least also managed to find a middle ground between stating something to be quoted... and an opinion. Btw jealousy over City's recent success, and their seeming luck with injuries goes without saying. There has been some smoke around Pep's involvement with the disgraceful PED coverup in Spain... but we'll never know the truth because the authorities made that impossible. It could all be lies, it could just be bad luck, but there'll always be question marks. Pulling people up for having a laugh at a player recovering quickly is a bit ott.
Smh. Way to butcher the sentence from the words it was used with to rob it of context. Without turning this into a grade school language class, "For the record my opinion is..." isn't an assertion of fact but a firm statement of opinion. In any case the poster was having a honest laugh and I erred by thinking otherwise. No big deal.

Last edited:

Andy_Cole

You mean ethical doctors at Bayern.

I guy I know is a doctor at City. Maybe I’ll interrogate him. Doesn’t seem the type to be dodgy though.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Here's an alternative, less sensationalistic and probably more accurate view on his injury and recovery from a close journo:

TheReligion

Abusive
Here's an alternative, less sensationalistic and probably more accurate view on his injury and recovery from a close journo:
In what way was the injury similar? What was the damage to the ligament on each occasion and how were the injuries sustained?

Surely it doesn't take someone with inside links to know a players historic injury and recovery rate?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Eh, he's saying exactly the same thing as that City watch website.

City Watch has been informed that De Bruyne stepped on to the training pitch today for some individual work, as he steps up his rehab. It was a relatively light session as recovery from such an injury is always carefully handled.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

I guy I know is a doctor at City. Maybe I’ll interrogate him. Doesn’t seem the type to be dodgy though.
City doctors aren't the ones doing the magic. Dr. Cugat in Barcelona is doing it.

There is basically no testing in the Spanish industry for banned substances. WADA found that there was virtually no testing across the whole of spanish football for 11 months between 2015 and 2016 that passed their very strict anti-doping laws. Even after this, La Liga and Copa del Rey matches had no additional testing added for a whole year after they were notified.

From what I've read, 57 players were tested in La Liga and Copa del Rey last season with none of them meeting the WADA guidelines, while UEFA and FIFA do far more tests with most meeting WADA guidelines. All the other top leagues do far more testing with stricter guidelines.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
As a Bayern supporter: nah. There's been enough controversy around Müller-Wohlfahrt over the years. Maybe related, maybe not: Once Usain Bolt dedicated one of his gold medals to him in an interview.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

His powers of recovery would strike some as unnatural.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

I'm sure back in training doesn't equate to in the first squad, still reckon he'll be 3-4 weeks away from the first team, hopefully I'm totally wrong though

charlie9882

Terreur (most reputable Belgian journalist) said he was going to be out for 2-3 months depending on how the recovery goes. Considering he got injured on 16th August, is just returning to first team training and won't likely feature until after the international break (20th October), that's 2 months.

He's pretty much on schedule, maybe slightly ahead of it.

Terreur (most reputable Belgian journalist) said he was going to be out for 2-3 months depending on how the recovery goes. Considering he got injured on 16th August, is just returning to first team training and won't likely feature until after the international break (20th October), that's 2 months.

He's pretty much on schedule, maybe slightly ahead of it.
Tends to be how it works with Pep's 'doctors'.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City

The last time Kevin had a knee ligament injury he was out for 63 days and missed 12 games. I can't see him being involved in the Hoffenheim or Liverpool games this week, so by the time he returns (presumably for Belgium in the friendly against Holland), he'll have been out for 62 days having missed 10 City games.

So basically the same recovery rate he had two years ago.