Kevin De Bruyne

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah it's pretty common, which is why rehab is very important before you start playing again. My friend had an ACL injury and his leg shrunk to almost half the size of the other, no wonder his knee suffered also.
Since I started training legs with barbell, honestly I haven't had any serious injury nor the horrible random "electric" pain I used to suffer from on my injured knee. I would casually walk and then bam... I would feel paralysed in the middle of the street. Being +125kg didn't help either :lol:

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
But he says KDB will he fresh for the last part which I assume is Feb on?
Well fresh in the way that once February comes, he'll have in his legs something like 10 to 15 games, which isn't a lot obviously. I think after 2 years and a half I'm quite solid on decoding Guardiola's words, so that's the way I interpret it. :)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
City will be fine, and with Pep's Magical Medical Juice™ he'll be back in 3 weeks anyway.
:lol:

They've missed some level of drive and penetration from midfield with De Bruyne being absent, but they should be fine for the most part. If they get a refreshed De Bruyne in the second part of the season they'll be in great position to go far in most competitions.

They should give Foden more time though.

cyberman

Well fresh in the way that once February comes, he'll have in his legs something like 10 to 15 games, which isn't a lot obviously. I think after 2 years and a half I'm quite solid on decoding Guardiola's words, so that's the way I interpret it. :)
But 3 weeks out at the start of November wouldn't warrant this response?
Wouldn't he only miss 1 CL game anyway?

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
But 3 weeks out at the start of November wouldn't warrant this response?
Wouldn't he only miss 1 CL game anyway?
It's not 3 weeks based on the official statement from City's website. They say he's out 5 or 6 weeks. Which means he may or may not come back before the last group stage game against Hoffenheim on Dec 12th. So I really think he only said that hopefully City can reach the last 16 without him, and at the same time, he tries to see the optimistic side which is that he may be fresher at the business end of the season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It could actually work in their favour for the derby because the temptation is always there to play him, but in his first game back he was clearly a liability. They're a much better team with him so it's mad how well they've done without him.

charlie9882

It could actually work in their favour for the derby because the temptation is always there to play him, but in his first game back he was clearly a liability. They're a much better team with him so it's mad how well they've done without him.
Statistically, City have been even better this season, despite his absence from the team.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Everything lining up nicely for Liverpool - though I said similar last time and City are top of the league now with most goals scored.

As others have said, he'll be missed more in Europe but they'll get to the knock-out stages without him.

CA1

Everything lining up nicely for Liverpool - though I said similar last time and City are top of the league now with most goals scored.

As others have said, he'll be missed more in Europe but they'll get to the knock-out stages without him.
Liverpool will be nowhere near City come the end.

Do not fear.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Statistically, City have been even better this season, despite his absence from the team.
Yeah, how do you interpret that? I've not seen a whole lot of them this season but my take is that they be continued to grow as a team, particularly with a more stable defence and more potent threat from their full backs (even if Mendy is a bit of a liability). And their attacking setup hasn't improved much but the depth there is a level above anything this league has ever seen.

So I just see it as a general improvement across the board, which is going to be taken up another level when de Bruyne is back in full form. But maybe there were some deficiencies in de Bruyne's game which were masked by all of his spectacular creative play, and they're actually a better team without him (in that role)?

ash_86

While him being out of Derby is great for us, i hate seeing a player of his caliber being sidelined for half a season.

Classical Mechanic

So so sad. How will the PL retain its shine whilst KDB is tragically injured. How will those that way inclined cope without seeing his sexy bod for a whole month.

It’s a lose lose lose situation for all involved.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
2016 wants it's nickname back.
He's dismantling all your "aah buts" one by one. CL will come soon enough.
I believe that's what's called insanity. You would think getting destroyed over and over whenever a team has similar level of players would let you know that Guardiola can't win anything without having the clearly better team.

Guardiola's record in europe with city is not good. And the only player you got in was Mahrez, hardly someone that will take you to the next level.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
You would think getting destroyed over and over whenever a team has similar level of players would let you know that Guardiola can't win anything without having the clearly better team.
Love the way you've constructed this sentence, so even if he'd win in Europe, you could still claim it was because of the superior resources. The only thing that is unclear for me, is how did he beat Liverpool in the league (by some distance, too), and then went out against them in the CL? Did they have a similar level of players, or not?

Member 114837

Love the way you've constructed this sentence, so even if he'd win in Europe, you could still claim it was because of the superior resources. The only thing that is unclear for me, is how did he beat Liverpool in the league (by some distance, too), and then went out against them in the CL? Did they have a similar level of players, or not?
If you are referring to the 5-0 win last year, I think it has to do with the Mane red card. Correct call, but it changed the whole game's complexion. By that time City was only 1-0 up. Liverpool completely went in shell-shocked mode. And they were defending with Klavan, Matip and Can against the pace of Mendy and Sane. The Liverpool defense was nothing compared to the current version.

In a one-off affair, Liverpool has always taken the game to City. That's why they could win the QF tie last year. Although with a number of decisions going in Liverpool's favor. The Robertson penalty not given in the first leg, Sane's goal not given in second leg and some others as well.

Klopp's team is set up to counter a possession team like City or Barcelona, with their terrific counterattacking speed. But in my opinion, Guardiola is an evolving manager and is probably one or two level above any other manager plying their trade in football now. So good is he, that he admitted his mistake, changed his set-up for the Anfield game last month, and produced a defensive masterclass without resorting to Tony Pulis football.

In my honest opinion, as long as Pep is in charge of Man City, I don't see any other team winning the premier league. He is so much better. Champions league will eventually come as well.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If you are referring to the 5-0 win last year, I think it has to do with the Mane red card. Correct call, but it changed the whole game's complexion. By that time City was only 1-0 up. Liverpool completely went in shell-shocked mode. And they were defending with Klavan, Matip and Can against the pace of Mendy and Sane. The Liverpool defense was nothing compared to the current version.

In a one-off affair, Liverpool has always taken the game to City. That's why they could win the QF tie last year. Although with a number of decisions going in Liverpool's favor. The Robertson penalty not given in the first leg, Sane's goal not given in second leg and some others as well.

Klopp's team is set up to counter a possession team like City or Barcelona, with their terrific counterattacking speed. But in my opinion, Guardiola is an evolving manager and is probably one or two level above any other manager plying their trade in football now. So good is he, that he admitted his mistake, changed his set-up for the Anfield game last month, and produced a defensive masterclass without resorting to Tony Pulis football.

In my honest opinion, as long as Pep is in charge of Man City, I don't see any other team winning the Premier League. He is so much better. Champions League will eventually come as well.
Except at Anfield this season where they played not to get beat (as did city), I completely agree.