Kevin De Bruyne

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I'll bite not that I am necessarily one of those people.

I think I remember seeing in the last 2 seasons there were times Pogba had more goals and assists, whilst playing for an inferior team. That probably had something to do with it.

One thing is for sure, a fully fit KDB is better than an injured Pogba.
Out of the two, I think KdB is more suited to a non-top team. He was incredible in Germany. I've no doubt though if Pogba was playing for City that he too would be doing filthy stuff right now. Besides, anyone that goes to United has been dropping a level or two for various reasons, so there's been that too I suppose.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I agree that Costa was the superior player and certainly selling Lukaku to bring him in wasn't on par with the atrocious decision to sell KdB. But I always thought the reports that Lukaku insisted on being the number 1 were overblown - his chief concern was playing in the World Cup, and honestly who were Belgium going to select in front of him? Especially given Costa's injury record with Atleti and subsequently with Chelsea Lukaku must have known he'd get plenty of minutes. In addition, I reckon that had Lukaku taken the opportunity to learn from Costa he'd be a better player now.
The Costa transfer was just after the world cup, to which Rom went and trained with Anderlect until he got his move away, he pulled the same trick at United once it became clear he actually had to fight for his place under OGS instead of having it guarenteed as was the case under Jose. His ego is far too big for the calibre of player he is and I wasn't fussed atall about seeing him go and was delighted he didn't return.

Looking back signing him back in 2011 was a weird one, we were starting to focus on technically pleasing nimble young players and Rom was the complete opposite of that, did we actually sign him purely because he was a Chelsea fan?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
The Costa transfer was just after the world cup, to which Rom went and trained with Anderlect until he got his move away, he pulled the same trick at United once it became clear he actually had to fight for his place under OGS instead of having it guarenteed as was the case under Jose. His ego is far too big for the calibre of player he is and I wasn't fussed atall about seeing him go and was delighted he didn't return.

Looking back signing him back in 2011 was a weird one, we were starting to focus on technically pleasing nimble young players and Rom was the complete opposite of that, did we actually sign him purely because he was a Chelsea fan?
Ah you're right, got my timeline mixed up