Kevin De Bruyne

Robbie Boy

Done now: http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/33686731.

Hell of a-lot of money to pay for him and whilst I didn't see much of him last season, his stats were pretty incredible. A front four of KDB-Silva-Sterling-Aguero is a frightening prospect. I wonder will Silva move out wide with KDB playing the number 10 role or visa-versa. Either way, City fans won't have to endure watching Navas anymore.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
For some reason I'm really not concerned. I have no idea why and will almost certainly be proved wrong. Where will he fit in?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
If Aguero stays fit, then yeah... Amazing front four.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How much have they spent this window? That's not a criticism as everyone spends a lot these days but it seems like more than usual.

lilcurt

They are just stupidly strong now. If there was a european trophy for success in the transfer window they'd take it this summer.

Robbie Boy

Any stattos on here that could get a combined goals / assists number from that front four from last season?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Instead of Navas.
Is he fast/disciplined enough to play there? IIRC Silva was nothing special when he was played on the wing but flourished behind the striker.

Again, I know I'll be proved wrong when he gets 3 assists and a goal on his debut.

Varun

Staff
Title favorites and comfortably at that. Excellent signings but Otamendi will be key imo.

zing

Zingle balls
Well they have spent £150 million on three players.
Good outlay, tbf.

Better than 100-150M on 7-8 players and have 3/4th of them flop like most other clubs do.

Plus, de Bruyne and Sterling are are 24 and 20 respectively. They can potentially going to get a lot of years out of them and at the end of it, if they want to sell, they can sell at a high price.

It's just really smart business.

binary bot
For some reason I'm really not concerned. I have no idea why and will almost certainly be proved wrong. Where will he fit in?
Because people tend to overreact to stacked front fours/teams and they rarely perform to people's heightened expectations.

mu4c_20le

Spending £50m on Stering and £55m KDB is 'smart business' :lol: I doubt they'll get anywhere near that if they want to move them on. Raheem would need to consistently contribute 20 goals 20 assists to justify that price and help City recoup anywhere near that amount.

Leg-End

"Smart business". Give me a break :lol:

I get the point on age, potential and re-sale value but don't try and justify that amount of money as being smart.

zing

Zingle balls
Spending £50m on Stering and £55m KDB is 'smart business' :lol: I doubt they'll get anywhere near that if they want to move them on. Raheem would need to consistently contribute 20 goals 20 assists to justify that price and help City recoup anywhere near that amount.
:lol: You clueless feck.

They can sell both for 35m easily and the loss is minimal. No one is claiming they'll be sold for 50m and 55m again.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Would've loved if we signed him. Kevin De Bruyne is a top top player. These are the kind of signings you need to be making if you want to stay at the top.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
City don't need to recoup the money, and the individuals don't need to reach your statistical expectations. If they keep winning the league every other season like they have been and might do again this season, and win a cl in between they'll be happy.

izec

Price is irrelevant. They got great players in, especially him and Otamendi. An injury to Silva and Kompany wont be the end now, they can replace them pretty easy. Always thought Mangala/Demichelis + Navas were their weak points. They have now updated their first eleven massively.

Robbie Boy

Is he fast/disciplined enough to play there? IIRC Silva was nothing special when he was played on the wing but flourished behind the striker.

Again, I know I'll be proved wrong when he gets 3 assists and a goal on his debut.
Nasri had a great debut against Spurs :D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't think City care about resale value and they are loaded, £40m or £50m makes very little difference to them so prices should not really be considered when talking about their transfers. Looking at players they bought they have done extremely well because they were arguably the best available talent in their respective positions (same could possibly be said about United transfers, Sterling was not available for us and Depay could probably be second best).

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It is as smart as us spending around 30m on Rooney. 50m of 2015 is 30m of a decade back. They have spent that amount each on two young players with great potential.

With regards to KDB, I do believe they were correct to get him this season for this amount if they are convinced of his talent. Because then his price can only go up and likes of Madrid, Bayern would come calling next season.

mu4c_20le

I think we are all in agreement that it's a good signing. However, there is nothing smart about splashing the cash on a player, just like how no one called us smart when we splashed £60m on di Maria, despite the fact that he was purchased to push us back into the top 4, which he did. I'd say Coutinho is a fine example of a smart signing, he was bought for less than £10m and is easily worth twice that amount.

zing

Zingle balls
It is as smart as us spending around 30m on Rooney. 50m of 2015 is 30m of a decade back. They have spent that amount each on two young players with great potential.

With regards to KDB, I do believe they were correct to get him this season for this amount if they are convinced of his talent. Because then his price can only go up and likes of Madrid, Bayern would come calling next season.
Exactly.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Big money, but of course their owner has plenty more so City won't care. Nobody in England can compete with that, unless Roman starts fighting fire with fire at Chelsea. Everyone else is fecked.

Lets see how good a player he has become; the consensus on the Caf doesn't give us much hope that he'll flop, but we shall see.

Ozio

I hope he flops, however unlikely that is. As much as I dislike City I might end up watching more of their games this season because of the players they've signed. It should be interesting.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I fully expect City to do well in CL this year. They seem to have everything covered with quality.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
:lol: You clueless feck.

They can sell both for 35m easily and the loss is minimal. No one is claiming they'll be sold for 50m and 55m again.
Well said ;)

Seriously though, delighted with this signing. It's been a perfect weekend for City.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Imagine if we had a chance of getting a player like him!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yep, :lol: at Man City

Imagine if we spent £100m on those two. I would be sooo upset. Pace and creativity, feck that