Kevin De Bruyne

diarm

I'm sure everyone has seen this many times but I'd somehow escaped it until this morning:

:lol:

RoyH1

I wonder what the supplementary wage package in Abu Dhabi is like? It's crazy that players in their prime can leave the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United, but never Man City.

RoyH1

What players in their prime are you referring to?
Toni Kroos, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo etc...etc...Pogba would have also left us for Madrid if we hadn't put our foot down and told his agent to bring in silly money.
But this never happens to City. And please, don't tell me the fairy tale about their 'world class facilities', as if other big clubs trained in gravel pits.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Toni Kroos, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo etc...etc...Pogba would have also left us for Madrid if we hadn't put our foot down and told his agent to bring in silly money.
But this never happens to City. And please, don't tell me the fairy tale about their 'world class facilities', as if other big clubs trained in gravel pits.
There are mitigating factors for all of those. Does Sane count as a top player?

I don't think players care about whether a club has history or not.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Whereas all Liverpool's players were childhood LFC fans, and would gladly pay for the privilege of playing there, yeah?
Nah it's mostly your own star players like KDB and Aguero who were childhood Liverpool fans.

Let's face it, 99% of the footballers don't have strong club feelings towards one particular club. The main reason players stay at City is because the money and because it's almost impossible for them to make a step up both in wages and in team performance wise (only Madrid and Barca). Same goes for Liverpool right now, however we have historically not been able to keep our best players before Klopp came around (Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, ...). Both because we sucked back then and because the money was way, way better elsewhere.

cafecillos

I'm sure everyone has seen this many times but I'd somehow escaped it until this morning:

How can people who are paid to talk about football be so embarrassingly wrong? And this is just an example too, many of them are categorically and demonstrably wrong in most of their opinions, and are still offered work

diarm

I wonder what the supplementary wage package in Abu Dhabi is like? It's crazy that players in their prime can leave the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United, but never Man City.
You should ask last night's referee.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
It never happen at City because no one really wanted any of their players. These guys barely perform in CL Kompany, Aguero and Silva have been lacklustre in this competition. With regards to Aguero RM have had Benzema for over a decade now, Barcelona had Eto’o, Ibra, Villa, Suarez and Messi false 9 for the past decade Bayern aren’t going to spend that kind of money on Aguero, same goes for Silva, Madrid Modric, Isco, Kroos, Ozil over the years, Barcelona Xavi, Inesita, Fabregas, Rakitic. Bayern, Kroos, Thiago and Kimmich. The only option is PSG, that’s why there players don’t leave.

copen1945

This extension confirms him as a mercenary. He has never challenged himself in a proper club like United.

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
Nah it's mostly your own star players like KDB and Aguero who were childhood Liverpool fans.

Let's face it, 99% of the footballers don't have strong club feelings towards one particular club. The main reason players stay at City is because the money and because it's almost impossible for them to make a step up both in wages and in team performance wise (only Madrid and Barca). Same goes for Liverpool right now, however we have historically not been able to keep our best players before Klopp came around (Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, ...). Both because we sucked back then and because the money was way, way better elsewhere.
Nice swerve.

Hammondo

We would need offers first if we wanted to sell him.

dinostar77

This is fascinating and im wondering if it will become a new trend at contract renewal time by the players camp. For some players this will be a benefit for others, they should probably take a paycut (looking at Martial).

Kevin De Bruyne uses data analysts to broker £83m Man City contract without agent.

".....De Bruyne commissioned data analysts to assess his influence at City and how well they are set up for success in the coming years, based on the age and qualities of the current squad....."

"......De Bruyne was able to show City, through data collected, his enduring value to the team as their most influential player, and used this to negotiate a significant pay-rise under the terms of the new deal...."

Story source is a tabloid, but The Athletic have published something similar (but im not a subscriber to that so its behind a paywall).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
This is fascinating and im wondering if it will become a new trend at contract renewal time by the players camp. For some players this will be a benefit for others, they should probably take a paycut (looking at Martial).

Kevin De Bruyne uses data analysts to broker £83m Man City contract without agent.

".....De Bruyne commissioned data analysts to assess his influence at City and how well they are set up for success in the coming years, based on the age and qualities of the current squad....."

"......De Bruyne was able to show City, through data collected, his enduring value to the team as their most influential player, and used this to negotiate a significant pay-rise under the terms of the new deal...."

Story source is a tabloid, but The Athletic have published something similar (but im not a subscriber to that so its behind a paywall).
I could be wrong but I believe this is typically pretty standard and falls under the remit of any half decent agent - it's more notable that KdB doesn't have an agent and so was doing this sort of thing himself.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
I could be wrong but I believe this is typically pretty standard and falls under the remit of any half decent agent - it's more notable that KdB doesn't have an agent and so was doing this sort of thing himself.
Kevin had problems with his former manager, I think the case has yet go to court. Kevin you can compare him with Bruno is a loyal player, if the team performs and competes with the best why change if you and you're family is happy at a club. He has a coach he likes and that wants to play positive football, in the youth he choose Genk above of Anderlecht because in the youth they had a better football style then the other. And last he had a terrible time at chelsea with an idiot as a manager who choose players like Oscar above him. A manager like that wouldn't get a chance of being manager of city. Too bad that the Glazers saw something in that manager.

Kompany, Silva good players but I don't think that those players could go to an even better team, Kevin I think he would be a plus at every club with a fair manager.

Blue on Tour

Supports
Man City
The supplementary is about £5m per year. Of course it is well hidden. Must boil your piss to be outspent by liddle citeh. You should try hiding you accounts offshore.......oh wait.

predator

Youth NITK
There isn't a player I can think of that I wished we'd have signed more than KDB.

I love watching him as a spectator and admire him so much as someone who has played football.

His passing, shooting, intelligence, physicality, ambidextrous ability, fitness, decision making is all phenomenal.

Unreal footballer.

Eddy_JukeZ

There isn't a player I can think of that I wished we'd have signed more than KDB.

I love watching him as a spectator and admire him so much as someone who has played football.

His passing, shooting, intelligence, physicality, ambidextrous ability, fitness, decision making is all phenomenal.

Unreal footballer.
He wasn't even good today and has been outperformed by Gundogan all season in City's midfield.

kidbob

I wonder have the injuries started to take their toll. Still a very good player but hasn't been his scary self for quite a while from what I have seen of him.

EasyE

People saying he wasn't special today or hasn't been for a while blah blah. He's been played as a free 10 role or false 9 for the last 6 months. For me personally, an utter waste. His best play and attributes come from the middle where he's spraying passes or shooting thunderbolts with either foot from well outside the box. Pep does love his team of midfielders though.

predator

Youth NITK
But today he wasn't anything special though.
He wasn't even good today and has been outperformed by Gundogan all season in City's midfield.
I'm sorry but what a ridiculous and kneejerk outlook to have.

For what it is worth I think he was actually instrumental in city winning tonight, despite not being highlight worthy for some folk.

He could've players terrible tonight and I still would maintain that he is the most elegant player I have seen for a long time as well as having the attributes I mentioned in my previous post.

I hold my hands up and admit that I am a fanboy but I honestly think he is superb in many ways and as someone who has played football and doesn't just judge a player on their last game, I find him mesmerising to watch.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm sorry but what a ridiculous and kneejerk outlook to have.

For what it is worth I think he was actually instrumental in city winning tonight, despite not being highlight worthy for some folk.

He could've players terrible tonight and I still would maintain that he is the most elegant player I have seen for a long time as well as having the attributes I mentioned in my previous post.

I hold my hands up and admit that I am a fanboy but I honestly think he is superb in many ways and as someone who has played football and doesn't just judge a player on their last game, I find him mesmerising to watch.
At least you're honest :lol:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I thought he was ok tonight. He’s been excellent again this season though despite a few meh patches and injuries. He’s an incredible talent.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Despite not being at his highest (I mean come on, they're playing PSG), you can't assess him on one match.

He's been phenomenal at City and even this year, which is nowhere near his top seasons, he's still been good. It's just that idiots like Sterling and Jesus keep missing the tap ins he creates.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People saying he wasn't special today or hasn't been for a while blah blah. He's been played as a free 10 role or false 9 for the last 6 months. For me personally, an utter waste. His best play and attributes come from the middle where he's spraying passes or shooting thunderbolts with either foot from well outside the box. Pep does love his team of midfielders though.
You seem a little defensive of him.

Offside!

Supports
Exeter City
I think De Bruyne is a weird player.

He does thing that make you go 'Wow that was incredible' and then some crap I wouldn't expect to see in League 2. At times his concentration levels appear all over the place to me.

He is a real Jekyll and Hyde type player for me. At his best World class but capable of making ridiculous mistakes.

Deery

Dreary
I could be wrong but I feel injuries are catching up with him a bit.

b20times

He's the best midfielder in the premier league. Stats don't lie. Bruno runs him a close second but he's got a lot of catching up to do.

RedDevilzFox

KDB is everything I wished Pogba would be for us. But while KDB is so consistent and impactful, PP is only consistent and impactful when the contract is coming up for renewal.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why do city’s good players go there and then never leave!
1. PL is the best league in the world
2. City is the best club in PL
3. Pep is the best manager in the world
4. City pay best wages to their players

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
KDB is everything I wished Pogba would be for us. But while KDB is so consistent and impactful, PP is only consistent and impactful when the contract is coming up for renewal.
There's one solution to this... get Pogba to renew his contract every year :devil:

tjb

If Beckham could could accelerate that's what KDB is, possible the most decisive player a team can have outside Messi and Ronaldo. Just sheer quality, only diminished by the fact he plays for City. Top 5 player in the world for me and it's been that way since 2017.

STYLOISRED

I think De Bruyne is a weird player.

He does thing that make you go 'Wow that was incredible' and then some crap I wouldn't expect to see in League 2. At times his concentration levels appear all over the place to me.

He is a real Jekyll and Hyde type player for me. At his best World class but capable of making ridiculous mistakes.
It's why he is a maverick. Similar to Bruno. When the execution comes off, it's beautiful. When it doesn't, it mostly turd. The true mark of a great player is that the make it work most of the time.

Lee565

It's weird but I feel he has more to prove, city in many ways like struggling to even sell out their matches, dont have that certain intense pressure that you see at the likes of united, juventus, real, barca and Bayern, i just wonder whether he could handle that type of pressure on such a stage?

Offside!

Supports
Exeter City
It's why he is a maverick. Similar to Bruno. When the execution comes off, it's beautiful. When it doesn't, it mostly turd. The true mark of a great player is that the make it work most of the time.
I agree he's a maverick and it's not when he tries to play an amazing pass that surprises me. His vision and execution are at times out of this world and as you say beautiful. It's when he sees nothing on and plays a 5 yard pass that goes out for a throw in. Clearly he's more than capable of making a 5 yard pass with ease but I think sometimes his concentration levels drop so much that the basics suffer.

Anyway, a fantastic player that would get into any team in the world as he has the magic that unlocks defences.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Goes missing in a big game once again. Hilariously overrated. One of the greatest midfielders ever my foot.