Kevin De Bruyne

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You wanted to prove that people outside the Caf rated Beckham higher than KDB. But the fact that he once ended second in Ballon d'Or voting while de KDB hasn't cracked the top 5 yet doesn't prove that "people in general" rate Beckham higher than KDB at all - merely that he had a better individual season at one point (and, like I said, undoubtedly aided in voting by the fact his team won the treble).

Basically you wanted to prove something but used the wrong argument for me, fine if you disagree.
Not exactly. I never said "people in general" - you misinterpreted it.

All I have to do is to show there's "other place outside Cafe" which rate Beckham higher to prove his claim wrong. Truth is, there are people "outside Cafe" who rate Beckham as the 2nd best player in the world on 2 different occasions, whereas De Bruyne only got to 8th and 9th place in his best years up to dated. Thats all I need to do to prove his claim wrong. I never even need to prove which player is better to most.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not exactly. I never said "people in general" - you misinterpreted it.

All I have to do is to show there's "other place outside Cafe" which rate Beckham higher to prove his claim wrong. Truth is, there are people "outside Cafe" who rate Beckham as the 2nd best player in the world on 2 different occasions, whereas De Bruyne only got to 8th and 9th place in his best years up to dated. Thats all I need to do to prove his claim wrong. I never even need to prove which player is better to most.
The fact that he ended 2nd a few times doesn't mean that the people voting back then rate Beckham higher than KDB right now. Not at all. Like I said, you use the wrong argument to try and disprove his claim.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The fact that he ended 2nd a few times doesn't mean that the people voting back then rate Beckham higher than KDB right now. Not at all. Like I said, you use the wrong argument to try and disprove his claim.
Yeh, like 8th and 9th place over past 2-3 years is better than 2nd place in 1999 and 2001. Of course it makes perfect sense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeh, like 8th and 9th place over past 2-3 years is better than 2nd place in 1999 and 2001. Of course it makes perfect sense.
I think the point is that they might also rate a lot of the players who finished ahead of KDB in those years ahead of Beckham as well. You're comparing where they finished among different sets of players, not where they finished relative to each other.

Bobski

De Bruyne has had an odd season, plenty of games(especially in the first half of the season) were he looked a bit pedestrian and non-threatening to plenty of games when he has been superb. A bit like post prime Yaya who could was still more than capable of being the best player on the pitch against anyone but also of really struggling.

De Bruyne's raw numbers are outstanding this year but my impression is that in general play he has not been quite as good as some of his previous seasons, am I wrong?

dinostar77

Do we know if LVG did actually turn down the chance to sign Debryne when he was at Wolfsburg?

If that is true then its crazy that we could have had toni kroos and debryne in the same midfield.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
De Bruyne has had an odd season, plenty of games(especially in the first half of the season) were he looked a bit pedestrian and non-threatening to plenty of games when he has been superb. A bit like post prime Yaya who could was still more than capable of being the best player on the pitch against anyone but also of really struggling.

De Bruyne's raw numbers are outstanding this year but my impression is that in general play he has not been quite as good as some of his previous seasons, am I wrong?
I think your right

Is this due to lack of striker?

You don't have de bryune and not let him set up a striker.

I felt for example when Gabriel Jesus came back in to the first XI that De Bryune started performing an extra level up aswell.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Won the challenge on the edge of the box and played inch perfect pass to assist Title Winning goal.

Ace_Ventura

That challenge and assist is what makes him POTY, he was not at the races today but still produced when it mattered.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I can’t hack those “freestyle” lads anyway. A load of skill with the ball that takes them nowhere and then booting it though his legs at 60km/h and he’s delighted with himself.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I can’t hack those “freestyle” lads anyway. A load of skill with the ball that takes them nowhere and then booting it though his legs at 60km/h and he’s delighted with himself.
Yeah, they always annoy the shit out of me too.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Yeah, they always annoy the shit out of me too.
fecking hell lads, you two must be great at parties!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hindsight is a great thing.
I mean they are like a lot of caf users, having strong opinions about players from other leagues without actually having watched them, arguing based on the most superficial points. Laughing at them is not just hindsight.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC

He's entered the all time PL top 5 as well:
  1. Giggs (162)
  2. Fabregas (111)
  3. Rooney (103)
  4. Lampard (102)
  5. De Bruyne (95)
Not unlikely he'll be in the top 3 by the end of the season.